Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2017, 03:56 PM
Banned

I can help you transfer this IF you are ally to rivervale.

Also let us all note that Maskedmelonpai self-identifies as the emerald jewel of the west
Old 09-18-2017, 04:07 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diabolic2442 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I took a long break from the game and recently came back. No one I had on my friends list still plays, how do I trust someone to transfer items for me? Should I first try to join a guild?
Just find a quiet corner and drop-transfer.

I've been drop transferring since 1999 and never lost an item, but I'm also really smart about where I do it.
Old 09-18-2017, 04:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squabbles123 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just find a quiet corner and drop-transfer.

I've been drop transferring since 1999 and never lost an item, but I'm also really smart about where I do it.
Drop transferring in theory is a great method. It used to be my preferred method.
The Project1999 client can be shaky at times, particularly when switching between accounts, and especially if you use the Titanium client without WinEQ 2.0. That, and with some NPC's who pick up items off the ground, made me switch to finding another player to help transfer.

@OP, generally if you ask a high level politely, and take screenshots of every step of the transaction (I.e. when you ask, them agreeing, the items in the trade window, etc.) you should be safe. Higher levels have lots of time invested into the game, and are thus generally less likely to steal your items. That, and they most likely don't need them [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

And, if they do rip you off, you have screenshots and evidence and you can more than likely get some type of justice.

God speed.
Old 09-18-2017, 04:36 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrubwise [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Drop transferring in theory is a great method. It used to be my preferred method.
The Project1999 client can be shaky at times, particularly when switching between accounts, and especially if you use the Titanium client without WinEQ 2.0. That, and with some NPC's who pick up items off the ground, made me switch to finding another player to help transfer.

@OP, generally if you ask a high level politely, and take screenshots of every step of the transaction (I.e. when you ask, them agreeing, the items in the trade window, etc.) you should be safe. Higher levels have lots of time invested into the game, and are thus generally less likely to steal your items. That, and they most likely don't need them [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

And, if they do rip you off, you have screenshots and evidence and you can more than likely get some type of justice.

God speed.
That is sadly a fact. I have two instances of P99 on my desktop "transfer" and "normal".

The difference is:

Normal - runs at full resolution, but crashes on /camp like 80% of the time.
Transfer - Only runs in windowed mode, looks like shit, cuts off the bottom of my screen, etc, but never crashes on /camp.

Never heard of an NPC picking up items off the ground though.
Old 09-18-2017, 05:17 PM
Banned

Jesus, 4 pages on how to use a VPN?
Old 09-18-2017, 05:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippoNipple [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Jesus, 4 pages on how to use a VPN?
You know how it is. Every nerd needs to post to show how smart him be.
Closed Thread