Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2016, 12:02 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_ole_jpn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
aka dead community and no forumquest

shitty idea for shitty insular tiny pop nerd servers where everyone playing is a creep. without forumquest i'm positive red would be floating 10 players (or else an alternative unmoderated board with tranny dicks would step up).
there's an important distinction between the sincere and the farcical when it comes to bigotry
Old 07-26-2016, 01:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_ole_jpn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
aka dead community and no forumquest

shitty idea for shitty insular tiny pop nerd servers where everyone playing is a creep. without forumquest i'm positive red would be floating 10 players (or else an alternative unmoderated board with tranny dicks would step up).
My sentiments as well.

Being "politically correct" in this forum culture, and creating an environment without the possibility for open and honest discussion, would only lead to a 0 population red server.

The forums also have a similar effect on blue to a lesser extent in a small niche community like this.

So someone pushes the envelope every once in awhile, big deal. Get over it. Just because you aren't emotionally mature enough to ignore it and carry on doesn't mean the rest of us aren't.

No I would not like staff making any changes to moderation, all due respect, too many cooks have already spoiled the pot from what I've seen in the past.

We tried aggressive tighty whitey moderation and I don't think a single community member appreciated it.

The F word being banned was the only cleanup action taken that I agreed with, as I think we were tired of the lack of creativity behind that insult.

Someone's sociopolitical/geopolitical views can't bother me in the slightest...

But then again I'm an adult.

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 07-26-2016, 01:37 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzzarTheGod [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My sentiments as well.

Being "politically correct" in this forum culture, and creating an environment without the possibility for open and honest discussion, would only lead to a 0 population red server.

The forums also have a similar effect on blue to a lesser extent in a small niche community like this.

So someone pushes the envelope every once in awhile, big deal. Get over it. Just because you aren't emotionally mature enough to ignore it and carry on doesn't mean the rest of us aren't.

No I would not like staff making any changes to moderation, all due respect, too many cooks have already spoiled the pot from what I've seen in the past.

We tried aggressive tighty whitey moderation and I don't think a single community member appreciated it.

The F word being banned was the only cleanup action taken that I agreed with, as I think we were tired of the lack of creativity behind that insult.

Someone's sociopolitical/geopolitical views can't bother me in the slightest...

But then again I'm an adult.
the "adult" in the room is arguing for free speech in a thread about an actual factual neo-nazi

thanks for posting
Old 07-26-2016, 01:45 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokesan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the "adult" in the room is arguing for free speech in a thread about an actual factual neo-nazi

thanks for posting
except it was an off-topic post and wasn't addressing a specific case.

I thought it was pretty apparent it was in response to pages 2 through 4. You know that's sort of how a thread works. Meta discussions evolve.

Thanks for sharing your narrow interpretation. Take these bi-focals they help.

gotem.jpg

Old 07-26-2016, 01:59 AM
Planar Protector

Additionally I reserve my right as an American to not examine or comment on any specific case.

Old 07-26-2016, 07:24 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzzarTheGod [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Since when has "the F word" been banned? I don't make it a habit to curse, but I'm sure I've dropped an F bomb at some point on the forums. If that is actually a rule, that is dumb.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dF1NUposXVQ (NSFW due to language)
Old 07-26-2016, 09:06 AM
Planar Protector

Don't really see an issue. If you don't understand satire, don't like to think and find your feelings are regularly ravaged by unkind words, stay away from RNF and OT. If you have an inquisitive, creative or other decent side, then hop right in, the water is great ^^
Old 07-26-2016, 09:24 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't understand people who still think that censoring the internet is even remotely feasible in 2016. Don't like something someone said? Reply to them or ignore it, but don't expect the internet to be some sort of safe space where you never have to confront the reality that some people hold some fucked up opinions. Free and open discourse, even when it includes some insensitive ideas, is more important than your feels.

There is an ignore function the the forums, please feel free to use it for any posters who offend you. Fuck off with trying to censor shit for everyone though.
Applause is in order! I especially liked how you hit him for wanting a safe space lol. Best response.
Old 07-26-2016, 01:59 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't understand people who still think that censoring the internet is even remotely feasible in 2016. Don't like something someone said? Reply to them or ignore it, but don't expect the internet to be some sort of safe space where you never have to confront the reality that some people hold some fucked up opinions. Free and open discourse, even when it includes some insensitive ideas, is more important than your feels.

There is an ignore function the the forums, please feel free to use it for any posters who offend you. Fuck off with trying to censor shit for everyone though.
safe-space-nook.jpg
Old 07-26-2016, 02:15 PM
Banned

You know, Santa puts a lot more thought into his political opinions than most posters. I don't see anything wrong with letting the fascists say their piece too. I don't think its that persuasive to most people.

Banning people for speech makes our values look weak.
Closed Thread