Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2015, 06:05 PM
Planar Protector

Bind Affinity will set you free!

Retouched all faces for the EQClassicHD Texture Pack
Retired from p99
Old 08-03-2015, 06:11 PM
Sarnak

Yep. Bound on the bridge to East Karana, for the treck to the Commonlands.

Damn, West Karana is big and empty. Saw like two mobs on the whole way across. Nothing like what I am used to these day in other universes. North Karana had a hill giant wandering about. So I decided it was time to get a bind nearby.

Pondering where a good grouping place is next and near undead for soloing at level 14. Maybe Befallen?
Old 08-03-2015, 06:29 PM
Planar Protector

Befallen is great, the only tricky part is the keys. You may have to amass a group outside of the zone before going in because it's relatively unpopulated.

Retired from p99
Old 08-03-2015, 11:29 PM
Planar Protector

Oasis is the cliche destination at that level for a reason, lotsa roaming mobs, mix of live and undead, often plenty of others around to group with.
Old 08-06-2015, 06:35 PM
Sarnak

So, today I logged in just next to the entrance to Befallen. Right on top of a Nightshade Giant. Ouch. I had half a bubble of health left when I managed to zone into Befallen.

Later I wanted to try to solo in Befallen and promptly got invited to a group with my old guildie Lagmos. Awesome. Really nice group and we camped on the second floor for a few hours. It was great. I even got a drop of an arm piece from the shadow knight and a gift of a shoulder piece with wisdom on it and a guild invite to a small guild! p99 at its best I think.

Thanks everyone!
Old 08-07-2015, 12:39 PM
Sarnak

That's some bad luck about the giant! Sounds like it's going swimmingly for you, though! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-07-2015, 04:40 PM
Sarnak

Yep, decided to not bind at the entrance to Befallen again. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Now in the East Commonlands tunnel. I got the pieces for the boots of the reliant (Temple of Ro quests), and the I realised that a Platinum bar is 100 pp. that is more cash than I have, and saving for lvl 19 spells. if that wasn't enough you have to go to Lake Rathe with one of the pieces, to hand in. Oh well.

So I hung out in Befallen again with new found friends. Essentially made a level today an am nearly 16 now. Had some "oh shit" moments when an Elf Skeleton showed up, with the tanks atk, and the skelly was red to me, and everyone else. But we got through it. Another good day.

The grouping is the best. And I never realised it, but someone mentioned it in group today, sometimes camping a spot and having stuff pulled to you isn't half bad, as you can sit an talk nonsense with each other whilst the monk/bard does all the work. Good times. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-07-2015, 04:47 PM
Sarnak

Oh I forgot to say before that, when on my way to Freeport, I thought rushing through High Hold Pass, past the orcs as a level 14 would be fine. I mean I have Invulnerability and all. Right, right?

Wrong. It was long since I died so quickly and at night. I had bound at the other side of the zone line, but up there at night, I was literally blind. Fortunately some kind souls dragged my corpse to the zone line and cleared up the orcs. And my guardian angle druid (how does she show up like that when I need it?) dropped by and invised me, for the rest of the run through.

Now back to the current timeline again.
Old 08-10-2015, 06:20 PM
Sarnak

Dinged 16 from some soloing ghouls and lesser mummies in East Commonlands, between doing other stuff. It is interesting how much time is spent by people selling stuff. Even off prime play time. But it is irrelevant as I have no plat anyway.

Drive-by-sow is nice. Thanks Druids.
Old 08-10-2015, 07:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naxy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh I forgot to say before that, when on my way to Freeport, I thought rushing through High Hold Pass, past the orcs as a level 14 would be fine. I mean I have Invulnerability and all. Right, right?

Wrong. It was long since I died so quickly and at night. I had bound at the other side of the zone line, but up there at night, I was literally blind. Fortunately some kind souls dragged my corpse to the zone line and cleared up the orcs. And my guardian angle druid (how does she show up like that when I need it?) dropped by and invised me, for the rest of the run through.

Now back to the current timeline again.
Sounds like the usual HHP experience! Don't forget your Halo of Light spell, though [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

By the way, Cloudy Potion will give you invisibility. It's 10-11pp but worth it for clerics who have to run through those types of places.

Retired from p99
Closed Thread