Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2015, 12:52 PM
Planar Protector

OP - Forget P99 and past EQ experiences. It was good times and now it's time to move on.

Go play WoW.
Old 06-11-2015, 01:39 PM
Aviak

LOL... I literally have to laugh out loud reading some of these posts. The guys who were encouraging, understanding, and trying to help, you're what makes this game fun. The guys that attacked me because of this, you're the problem. Yes I compared not getting invited to a group with a baby drowning, because certain things are considered normal behavior.

I played basketball for years and the rule at the court (almost every court I've been to) is that you could play the game if there was a spot open, in fact if they were down a man, they were happy to have you. If both teams are full, then no, obviously you can't play. I've never been turned away for being too tall or too short. We turned one guy away because he fouled like crazy, but that's it.

Being decent shouldn't be optional to most people, it should be natural. Early on people didn't hide their sociopathology behind a computer screen. In EQ and UO, there were way more decent people than asses, these days the asses are everywhere. They really do effect the quality of the game.

On a high note, I did finally get in a group and the experience was slow, but it was fun and I finally dinged 24. I don't sit on my ass, I buff the tank with a fire shield and nuke when the mobs at 50%. I saved my group twice using my pet to tank adds, so it's not that I don't know how to play (or the other casters in my group the other night don't) it's just some people care more about themselves than their fellow man.
Old 06-11-2015, 01:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
LOL... I literally have to laugh out loud reading some of these posts. The guys who were encouraging, understanding, and trying to help, you're what makes this game fun. The guys that attacked me because of this, you're the problem. Yes I compared not getting invited to a group with a baby drowning, because certain things are considered normal behavior.

I played basketball for years and the rule at the court (almost every court I've been to) is that you could play the game if there was a spot open, in fact if they were down a man, they were happy to have you. If both teams are full, then no, obviously you can't play. I've never been turned away for being too tall or too short. We turned one guy away because he fouled like crazy, but that's it.

Being decent shouldn't be optional to most people, it should be natural. Early on people didn't hide their sociopathology behind a computer screen. In EQ and UO, there were way more decent people than asses, these days the asses are everywhere. They really do effect the quality of the game.

On a high note, I did finally get in a group and the experience was slow, but it was fun and I finally dinged 24. I don't sit on my ass, I buff the tank with a fire shield and nuke when the mobs at 50%. I saved my group twice using my pet to tank adds, so it's not that I don't know how to play (or the other casters in my group the other night don't) it's just some people care more about themselves than their fellow man.

My joking is terrible at best.

Anyway, just push off the petty stuff people throw your way in game. It's extremely fun. Last effort is /ignore if you need it.

Funny about people PLing and such. There are a couple idiots/children in game who I've /ignored and every now and then I will remind myself who is on that short list then do a /who all. I never see them on. It's a person who started an alt, decided to be a bitch and not play their alt anymore. And, that works for me.
Old 06-11-2015, 01:57 PM
Kobold

because a player vs player game where players cover each other one on one is exactly the same as a player vs environment situation where they dont need anyone else to accomplish their goal.....again, you have no inherent right to join anyones group. if someone turns you away you get over it like a normal person and go elsewhere.
Old 06-11-2015, 02:04 PM
Kobold

dunno why this thread is bugging me so much but it is lol.

How do you know the people who turned you away werent saving the spot for a guildie or rl friend? i know my crew would turn you away if we knew one of our guys was due to log in soon.

perhaps you didnt make a good impression on the guy that turned you away when you grouped with him the night before. i would almost bet thats a big part of it. if you were awesome he would be foolish to not group you.

can you explain why you feel its another persons obligation to make sure you are enjoying your time in p99?
Old 06-11-2015, 02:14 PM
Aviak

BTW... An example of doucheness. I'm sitting at the gnoll camp in High Pass... I've cleared the camp, sitting down at the bottom of the ramp waiting for mana to come back so I can clear Grenix, go afk for a sec for coffee, someone comes in and takes him. Not naming names, but that's what I'm talking about. She said she didn't know I was camping him. I'm sitting 40 feet from him, how could you not know? There was no other boss nearby that dropped anything. So again this is the justification people use so they can behave like sociopaths and do do what they want.
Old 06-11-2015, 02:16 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhdjoseywales [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
dunno why this thread is bugging me so much but it is lol.

How do you know the people who turned you away werent saving the spot for a guildie or rl friend? i know my crew would turn you away if we knew one of our guys was due to log in soon.

perhaps you didnt make a good impression on the guy that turned you away when you grouped with him the night before. i would almost bet thats a big part of it. if you were awesome he would be foolish to not group you.

can you explain why you feel its another persons obligation to make sure you are enjoying your time in p99?
The person said, and I qoute, "I don't want any casters." There were four melee and a cleric in the group. So, no, he wasn't saving the spot. And I think a lot of people are bothered because they do these things and justify these actions as being normal because other people they know do it. Well if you're in a band of thieves and you're a thief, that doesn't justify your behavior, just makes you believe it's okay because other people are behaving the same way you do.
Old 06-11-2015, 02:19 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The person said, and I qoute, "I don't want any casters." There were four melee and a cleric in the group. So, no, he wasn't saving the spot. And I think a lot of people are bothered because they do these things and justify these actions as being normal because other people they know do it. Well if you're in a band of thieves and you're a thief, that doesn't justify your behavior, just makes you believe it's okay because other people are behaving the same way you do.
so because his preferred play style doesnt fit your needs, you post a rant about it? you must be incredibly pleasant to deal with in real life. again, why the fuck do you think anyone owes you a spot in their group?
Old 06-11-2015, 06:01 PM
Fire Giant

The fact that this nub's group was four melees and a Cleric is enough to know that hes a complete bluebie broscience asshat and OP has every right to scratch his head and say "what the fuck is going on here??"

The thread is "not the same EQ" and he's absolutely right. This server is full of assholes, I'm pretty sure nobody can dispute that.
Old 06-11-2015, 09:45 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuljin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
four melees and a Cleric
This shit right here can't be repeated enough. You can't have 4 fucking melees and a cleric in your group and then deny a mage from joining and then try to explain it away as if you were correct.

You're an idiot if you run your group like that. Plain as day. And you can even venture to say that you're an idiot if you SEEK to join that group, but clearly OP was just trying to do hoodrat stuff with some buddies, and I can absolutely respect that.

Too bad hat's a complete no-no on p99. Absolutely no fun allowed.

"... I don't think I remember him digging for this long..."

The A-Team

twitch.tv/crexxus
Closed Thread