Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2015, 11:49 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salahdin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If I ask my brother to log a toon in ( separate locations (by 120kms) and IPs ) and he goes afk while I kill on one toon and he soaks xp.

Not to open a can of worms; but my only thing against this would be if a GM thought you were boxing and asked you to do the "boxing tests" and you'd have to explain to them that the person in your group afking is actually afk and thus not worth the risk?

Where is the line drawn?
pretty sure you've described exactly how chardok aoe proxy works.

and we could only wish it were against the rules.
Old 03-24-2015, 12:18 PM
Developer

If you look like you are boxing. Someone will report you. You will be watched. And then you will be tested. If you are not found worthy, you will be banned.

If is easy to tell if both tunes always log on and log off at the same time. There is enough of a paper trail to usually uphold any bs trying to overturn the ban.

H
Old 03-24-2015, 12:32 PM
Retired Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People really need ot leave 2-box patrolling to GMs and not petition every duo they come across with an AFKed member.
I know you are a huge help with Nilbog's wish to have a classic Everquest server.

Nilbog also wants no boxing.

We are all volunteers and doing our part to help the server and Nilbog's goals. Official staff can't be everywhere. I expect players to keep their eyes open and report other players breaking the rules. I think it's as much their responsibility to support the server as it is mine.

That being said, please don't waste our time reporting someone just because you are holding a grudge. Also, Auto-following does not always indicate boxing. If you do /petition boxers, please be fairly sure you are witnessing boxing.

Thanks
Old 03-24-2015, 12:36 PM
Planar Protector

Petition boxers, not briefs.
Old 03-24-2015, 12:37 PM
Planar Protector

Video evidence helps ^^
Old 03-24-2015, 01:05 PM
Developer

I am pro-boxing. I would never report someone. I saw the same thing on eqlive. There majority were either for or against boxing. There were few in the middle that did not care.

We boxed on raids. The standards were high. If you could not multitask on raids, u could not box. Playing 2 or more chars on same computer is NOT BOXING imho. I call it alt-tabbing. Its lame. Ineffective. And I agree, it should never be allowed.

Alt-tabbers cannot pass tests for boxers.

H
Old 03-24-2015, 01:08 PM
Banned

haynar:
who is the Muhammad Ali, the Cassius Clay, of p99?
Old 03-24-2015, 01:10 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by captnamazing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
haynar:
who is the Muhammad Ali, the Cassius Clay, of p99?
No clue. Dont play here or GM here.

H
Old 03-26-2015, 02:12 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulack [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If someone petitions saying it looks like they are boxing(1 character never moving could easily constitute this) gm's will look into it. If OP cant get the other toon to move if they have the same IP address or not i would presume they would get banned. I can easily boot up my laptop and change the IP to make it something else if i wanted to. IP's really mean nothing in the scheme of things other then the idiots that dont even try and change it and just box from same IP.
I hope you don't think that 'IP' is referring to the local IP of the computer
Old 03-26-2015, 02:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eunomia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That being said, please don't waste our time reporting someone just because you are holding a grudge. Also, Auto-following does not always indicate boxing. If you do /petition boxers, please be fairly sure you are witnessing boxing.

Thanks
This needs to be stressed.

Too often people just get rustled that the camp they want is taken and they see it being duoed by two people, one of whom is AFK, and they immediately run off and claim boxing.

People have a witch hunt mentality about boxing here and it's unfortunate. If you see something legitimately fishy, fine. But if you see one caster AFK medding and his duo partner doing other stuff, it isn't always a boxer.
Closed Thread