Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Would you participate in a guildwar under this system?
I enjoy PvP and would like this system. 126 64.29%
I enjoy PvP but I don't like this system. 14 7.14%
I don't like PvP. 56 28.57%
Voters: 196. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2010, 08:51 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorroth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last I checked, melee combat was still useless vs. any PC character and spell resists are broken. I like PvP but not with broken mechanics.
This. It'll be absolutely worthless for melees without spells. I mean sure it was rough already but hitting for less than half your normal damage on every single player and missing even when they're sitting is just absurd.
Old 09-03-2010, 09:02 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuut1 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can we pickpocket people we're at war with?
YES I AGREE THIS IS A PRESSING ISSUE
Old 09-03-2010, 09:10 AM
Large Bat

I realize I am still new to p1999, but might as well throw out my opinion. I think guild wars are a good idea and could be very fun and the way it's proposed seems solid. There are a few suggestions I would like to make though.

*Guild officers and leader can start and end wars. This will exclude a random person within the guild from ending a war or accepting one.

*Rogues should not be able to pick pocket other players. Having a pvp system that does not offer items or coin except to rogues seems unbalanced.

*Rewards - The AA system is already built in just currently not accessible. I believe if fighting in pvp you should get better at pvp. Therefore, I believe that a pvp AA system be implemented. You will gain AA as you kill members of the opposing guild and can spend points on pvp only buffs or abilities. These could be things like:

- Do 1/2/3/4/5% more damage to Trolls or Druids players.
- After killing an opposing member worth AA gain 1/2/3 hp/mana regen for 5 min or until combat begins on a pve target.
- 10/20/30% chance on activation to clear CC from another player (1min CD)

Things like the 3 mentioned above would help in guild wars but not in pve. Plus AA can be tracked along with kills/deaths and whatever else on a leaderboard as mentioned in the initial suggestion.
Old 09-03-2010, 09:14 AM
Banned

+1 to PVP AA
Old 09-03-2010, 09:19 AM
Sarnak

unbalanced? being melee is going to be unbalanced. give rogues a reason to even get near a PvP caster. i dont remember EQ being about balanced anyhow =P

dont carry coin during a guildwar, and it can't be pickpocketed! why should the gm's have to work to prevent other players bein all like "haw take muh munnee" and im like "ah ok sure thing lemme click on pick pocket!" and i get a whole 9pp out of it.
Last edited by ryuut1; 09-03-2010 at 09:27 AM..
Old 09-03-2010, 09:25 AM
Orc

I think you guys are thinking too deeply into this. The satisfaction of killing players from an opposing guild should be plenty of incentive, you don't need to be rewarded otherwise.
Old 09-03-2010, 09:30 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuut1 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
unbalanced? being melee is going to be unbalanced. give rogues a reason to even get near a PvP caster.
Defense, AC mitigation and chance to hit is screwy on all EQEMU servers.

On live, if a player was sitting and another player smacked him/her, they'd get the full force damage from the attack, no chance to miss. on EQEMU however, you'll get misses, and the player will have dodge chances, etc.

Riposte calculations are way off, they happen too frequently.

Pet classes are at a disadvantage, because they can't dispel their own pets.

Rogues are at a disadvantage, because of the Hide mechanic. On live, even if the other player had See Invis, it'd still clear their target of you when you pressed Hide. It's a rogue tactic that's been used just about forever. On EQEMU, with See Invis, your target never clears.

Hit boxes are incredibly small for things like Backstab, and there is a lot of latency involved. I blow Backstab ALL THE TIME on fire beetles, where on my screen I am standing in the 3D target ring (close as you can get to the mob without "You can't see your target." spam) with absolutely no damage.

Whirl Til You Hurl lands too frequently, without Tash. You can keep someone on lockdown as an enchanter on EQEMU, with that spell alone.

Ensnare/Root still land at 150 MR

...There is just too much wrong, for PVP to be balanced like EQ live.
Old 09-03-2010, 09:54 AM
Kobold

When mage pets can solo monks without any support from the mage, I'm kinda reluctant to introduce PvP. It'll just show how the solo classes shine even more. Maybe with some balance changes...

I played on Sullon Zek for a couple of years, anybody with DoTs or a snare was king. The pure melee (rogue, monk, warrior) couldn't do a thing.
Old 09-03-2010, 09:59 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaeger [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I played on Sullon Zek for a couple of years, anybody with DoTs or a snare was king. The pure melee (rogue, monk, warrior) couldn't do a thing.
Except jump you while you were medding. If you jumped them, there was also a chance of them using egg-shaped pumice and keep coming at you with spells ticking away on them like a Friday the 13th movie. Warriors with a big two-hander, pumice, and some jboots were a force to be reckoned with.
Old 09-03-2010, 10:00 AM
Sarnak

would be cool to see intimidate or disarm work in pvp.

are poisons still buggy as well?