Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2014, 12:47 AM
Aviak

If I loaded into Monster Mode and ended up a fucking Kobold in Toxxulia i'd rage.

My fondest memory is rolling around as a Moss Snake in WFP. I met another moss snake, and we started cruisin together like bosses. We happened across another moss snake, and then another, and eventually there was about 8-10 moss snakes and 1 skelly (someone didnt get the fuckin memo). We'd roll up to level 1-2 chars and just stare at them (because you can't talk) with our blank moss snake gaze, and the player knew what was up. We were kings amongst moss snakes, legends were written about us that day. Then we met a level 3 Ranger with a rusty Halberd and we tried scrambling for our lives, but it was a massacre. Every 4.9 seconds, a brother was lost. Some of us tried jumping up and down, as it was our only form of communication, but the Ranger was filled with blood lust.
Old 04-12-2014, 12:59 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We were kings amongst moss snakes, legends were written about us that day. Then we met a level 3 Ranger with a rusty Halberd and we tried scrambling for our lives, but it was a massacre. Every 4.9 seconds, a brother was lost. Some of us tried jumping up and down, as it was our only form of communication, but the Ranger was filled with blood lust.
ha great share

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Old 04-12-2014, 01:00 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I met another moss snake, and we started cruisin together like bosses. We happened across another moss snake, and then another, and eventually there was about 8-10 moss snakes and 1 skelly (someone didnt get the fuckin memo). We'd roll up to level 1-2 chars and just stare at them (because you can't talk) with our blank moss snake gaze, and the player knew what was up.
Lmfao. You should start writing fan fiction from the NPCs PoV.
Old 04-12-2014, 01:20 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
If I loaded into Monster Mode and ended up a fucking Kobold in Toxxulia i'd rage.

My fondest memory is rolling around as a Moss Snake in WFP. I met another moss snake, and we started cruisin together like bosses. We happened across another moss snake, and then another, and eventually there was about 8-10 moss snakes and 1 skelly (someone didnt get the fuckin memo). We'd roll up to level 1-2 chars and just stare at them (because you can't talk) with our blank moss snake gaze, and the player knew what was up. We were kings amongst moss snakes, legends were written about us that day. Then we met a level 3 Ranger with a rusty Halberd and we tried scrambling for our lives, but it was a massacre. Every 4.9 seconds, a brother was lost. Some of us tried jumping up and down, as it was our only form of communication, but the Ranger was filled with blood lust.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-12-2014, 01:55 AM
Kobold

Quote:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Laughing so effing hard, thank you for that

I never did Project M, because I found EQ confusing enough back in those days. I was circle-strafing skeletons while clicking them rapidly because I came from HL-TFC and thought that was how you hit them more while getting hit less.
But the Discord server, 'doe... that was hilarious and fun. There's a cute little perma-death MMO out there called Realm of the Mad God, where you get fame depending on how much you accomplished in your 20 levels, and you can spend fame on stuff for your alts, but death comes to all, in time. That's what Discord reminds me of; you spent your time running for your life, because people were everywhere in the starting areas, and when you died someone was always waiting by the bank to inspect and /laugh at your new level 1.
Also, you had 30 minutes before your old corpse poofed. If you were lucky (?) enough to die to a mob, you could at least go get your bronze gear back if you made it back to Unrest or whatever in 30 minutes.
I had this idea that maybe the whole thing was a big hacker trap, since it brought so many together in one place for the first time, but I don't think a single ban resulted from discord server. Oh, SoE....
Old 04-12-2014, 02:01 AM
Aviak

Quote:
...and when you died someone was always waiting by the bank to inspect and /laugh at your new level 1.
Everquest in a nutshell.
Old 04-12-2014, 02:09 AM
Sarnak

I recall monster mode. was so badass me and a friend figeured out if u spawned with a 2 hander u hit harder it was pretty OP. so wed just keep making new chars till we were both in CB with 2handers (take maybe an hour)then wed all team up and wipe the zone. was so great.
Old 04-13-2014, 03:09 AM
Planar Protector

Project M was ace, on test server it wasn't properly implemented at first and you could be a monster in any zone, not just newbies.

I think the implementation of Project M would be the best place for the time line to stop (so it will never be removed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]).
Old 04-13-2014, 06:24 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Anyone remember monster mode? You could log in as a random moss snake, or other newbie zone creatures, and fight against real newbies. There was no indicator that a mob was an NPC or real person. It was amazing circle strafing newbs as a Decaying Skeleton.

This was VERY brief, and most people I talk to don't remember it, almost to the point that I think maybe it never existed and I'm retarded.
You could tell whom was a person because of all the silly circle straffing and erratic movement/behavior.

Given the hostile attitudes here, I'd rather not see this implemented and if people want to be monsters, go play LOTRO (or just play RED - monster pun in there, figure it out).
Last edited by Khaleesi; 04-13-2014 at 06:26 AM..
Old 04-13-2014, 08:32 AM
Planar Protector

can someone get sirken on this?