Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2014, 05:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think we need more NASA studies to point out ridiculously obvious facts.
Yeah lets spend money smartly instead sending people to afghanistan to get their legs blown off or whatever so that corporations like Halliburton can get juicy contracts of off public money and get filthy rich off regular joes.

If a research into say, understanding what kind of systems could collapse first and what can be done to try to patch things up while we try to find solutions, isnt important, i dont know what is.
Old 03-17-2014, 07:18 PM
Banned

future cars
Old 03-17-2014, 09:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHurb [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
theres plenty of food in the US we just eat crap and waste it all ... would be hard to take that extra bite if you had to stare at the starving kid

out of sight out of mind for some of us.. torturous
supply is grown to keep the cost of food down. plus the subsidies that also effect the cost to consumers. there's plenty of food but it's not channeled to those that need it but that can afford it.
Old 03-18-2014, 02:48 AM
Banned

US agriculture is pumping water out of the ground faster than it can replenish itself. Once those crops start to dust up they will come north here in Quebec to put pipelines to keep US agriculture on life support.

Quebec has a large amount of untapped freshwater. New York State is just under us.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

It doesnt have to get that bad but see the kind of looks i will get from people when i start stating basic facts like this, i have a better chance convincing them i got abducted by greys last night.

And yet this is basic, undisprovable, easy to find evidence

Seeing how well american soldiers treat the occupants of the countries they invade, maybe you can tell this isnt a pleasant scenario to entertain for me. It shouldnt be a scenario pleasant to entertain for anyone really.

Theres a long way to go before people just start to realize how late the hour is and the more time it takes the less reaction time we have to try to find a solution.

Same thing with climate change, fish stocks getting depleted, plankton (bottom of the ocean food chain) dying, ecosystems collapsing from pressure of too many species dying off and overlogging. Its probably gonna take catastrophes for people to get real, and who knows if it will be too late to react by then.

"Are Our Oceans Dying? Phytoplankton has Declined Terrifying 40% in 60 Years"

http://www.commondreams.org/headline/2010/07/29-4

You have apocalyptic christians nuts actually working toward making this happen, polluting etc... on purpose because it will then trigger the last days

Wanting to destroy the 2nd most holiest islamic site after Mecca in Israel because its needed in the scriptures to trigger the last days

These people dont give 2 shits about arabs and jews caught in the middle, they want that site down. Guessing in their minds the more war the better as it acccelerates the path toward judgement day

Check out this good BBC documentary on christian apocalyptic nuts if you feel like digging in a bit more

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXeEi22BGt8

These people are sort of funny now, but theyll be scary if catastrophes start to get worse and more frequent and people actually start listening to cuckoos like the Phelps family

------

Theres protests everywhere for things to change before its too late, im joining em, heh

Last edited by Tradesonred; 03-18-2014 at 04:18 AM..
Old 03-18-2014, 03:48 AM
Banned

lol i didnt set out to post a join the protests post, i guess it just turned out that way

Oh, and dont forget your cameras

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyT1buoyTnY
Last edited by Tradesonred; 03-18-2014 at 03:55 AM..
Old 03-18-2014, 04:20 AM
Planar Protector

All these possible future scenarios, no matter what causes any of them, just makes it seem more and more sensible to prepare for it as best you can. At least keep a supply of extra food, water, medical supplies, and zombie-killing weapons... (lol, I jest..)

Doomsday people look mighty crazy - until shit hits the fan. You almost can't even blame them for building bunkers, etc. and hoarding guns, because the first people the desperate and starving will run to are the people who prepared.

After my food and water runs out I will be following Plan B and will promptly high-tail it to Mormom territory. They are required to stockpile food, etc to get them through at least one year after disaster strikes. Conversion would be swift since I'm a female of child-bearing age and can help repopulate the species. Jesus (the one who visited America in their bible) will have never felt so right.

(**Disclaimer**: Parts of this post are strictly for humor purposes only. You figure out which parts. The rest is a true story.)
Old 03-18-2014, 05:00 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidelle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All these possible future scenarios, no matter what causes any of them, just makes it seem more and more sensible to prepare for it as best you can. At least keep a supply of extra food, water, medical supplies, and zombie-killing weapons... (lol, I jest..)

Doomsday people look mighty crazy - until shit hits the fan. You almost can't even blame them for building bunkers, etc. and hoarding guns, because the first people the desperate and starving will run to are the people who prepared.

After my food and water runs out I will be following Plan B and will promptly high-tail it to Mormom territory. They are required to stockpile food, etc to get them through at least one year after disaster strikes. Conversion would be swift since I'm a female of child-bearing age and can help repopulate the species. Jesus (the one who visited America in their bible) will have never felt so right.
The best option is to try to stop it from happening before it happens, 2 years worth of tin cans aint gonna help things in the long run. If we cross that threshold where the temperature just keeps rising because methane is getting defrosted in the permafrost areas etc... were pretty much done unless we can figure out some large scale solution to pump out those chemicals from the atmosphere and quarantine them somewhere. Good luck with a large scale program like that if the world went to shit and its basically mad max out there.

I know youre half kidding, just couldnt find a witty non serious reply lol
Old 03-18-2014, 02:15 PM
Planar Protector

lets go yellowstone lets go
Old 03-18-2014, 05:22 PM
Banned

Im a failed writer, i need an audience
Old 03-18-2014, 05:29 PM
Planar Protector

but if we care for the environment or try to manage growth then jobs are going to go away.

I heard it on TV

please dont make the jobs go away. how would i pay the interest on my credit cards?
Closed Thread