Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 08-07-2014, 05:35 PM
Fire Giant

So we would get the correct info if someone like me who still have all original CD's up to
planes of Power would just look at the spell file ? (not the boxes that came later but each CD for each expansion)
would that be correct ?
-Taken-Taken II-

"I may not agree with what you say, but to your death I will defend your right to say it."
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
"To be able to think freely, a man must be certain that no consequence will follow whatever he writes."

CromCruach on Blue - Aurgelmirx on Green
Old 08-07-2014, 05:38 PM
Planar Protector

That was my question. I thought spell files were based off their patch server and the discs themselves didn't have "stock" spell data files... But they might just to include new spell effects and whatnot.

But to do that, they would have to not patch the spell data file from the time all those discs were burned and sold to distributors, to the time the expansion released for the spell files to be relevant.

I'm sure it would take only 5 min to load up Kunark but I'd have to figure out where I put them.
Old 08-07-2014, 05:41 PM
Planar Protector

would be more interested in a mid-kunark spdat file, not the disc one. I think the consensus here is the disc one was all sorts of fucked up?

and I wouldn't exactly say all spdat is 100% correct, but it's always something to look at

the spdat I posted above is supposedly a few days after velious release, and shows no mana reduction on torpor, which I would like to think means that torpor had no such effect during the velious time period.
Old 08-07-2014, 05:44 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanable [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
would be more interested in a mid-kunark spdat file, not the disc one. I think the consensus here is the disc one was all sorts of fucked up?

and I wouldn't exactly say all spdat is 100% correct, but it's always something to look at

the spdat I posted above is supposedly a few days after velious release, and shows no mana reduction on torpor, which I would like to think means that torpor had no such effect during the velious time period.
There are forum post on diffrent sites that say that sony/VI unintentional removed the mana drain from Torpor after a while....post by Shamans..but none that I could find that say when they did it.
-Taken-Taken II-

"I may not agree with what you say, but to your death I will defend your right to say it."
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
"To be able to think freely, a man must be certain that no consequence will follow whatever he writes."

CromCruach on Blue - Aurgelmirx on Green
Old 08-07-2014, 05:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crom [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There are forum post on diffrent sites that say that sony/VI unintentional removed the mana drain from Torpor after a while....post by Shamans..but none that I could find that say when they did it.
post them..?
Old 08-07-2014, 05:48 PM
Banned

A velious spdat off disc is going to most likely resemble mid to late kunark live.

A kunark spdat will most likely resemble beta/alpha kunark.

Spells were patched. Unless you think that each hard copy of a CD has incremented versions and a CD from January will be an older version of EverQuest than a CD from March...

I understand that forum posts are usually the best case scenario, but when your selectively quoting 2/4 that are in favor of your argument, and ignoring the other 2/4 that are not in favor... you see the bias?
Last edited by Husalah; 08-07-2014 at 05:51 PM..
Old 08-07-2014, 05:50 PM
Planar Protector

I don't think any of the posts that I linked (or posts on websites I linked) said "no you're a noob, these don't drain mana."

The extra posts were indifferent to the topic. They talk about it being a good healing spell or downtime spell. Which is irrelevant to the conversation?
Old 08-07-2014, 05:53 PM
Banned

Bry was quoting posts from the same threads you linked, which oppose your argument?
Old 08-07-2014, 05:55 PM
Planar Protector

They refer to healing a lot and using it as a downtime reducer. Both of which are true, regardless of whether it drained the targets mana or not.
Old 08-07-2014, 05:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Husalah [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A velious spdat off disc is going to most likely resemble mid to late kunark live.

A kunark spdat will most likely resemble beta/alpha kunark.

Spells were patched. Unless you think that each hard copy of a CD has incremented versions and a CD from January will be an older version of EverQuest than a CD from March...

I understand that forum posts are usually the best case scenario, but when your selectively quoting 2/4 that are in favor of your argument, and ignoring the other 2/4 that are not in favor... you see the bias?
We don't know what spdat "resembles" what time period. That's why I asked for more. I don't have a mid kunark one. Looking for differences helps?

I don't know what link you're looking at, but I don't think there was anything that I left out?