Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: do you think the current VP rules are bullshit?
yes 327 68.99%
no 147 31.01%
Voters: 474. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2013, 02:37 AM
Planar Protector

I feel that training should be allowed on blue, but not on red. On blue all you can really do is train each other, and on red we have other means of pvping. Namely pvp.

Red99
Old 08-04-2013, 02:44 AM
Planar Protector

There something wrong with asking a series of questions and asking people's honest opinions?

I mean the server health has been great lately and I figured now would be a good time to throw some inquiries out regarding a situation in the raiding scene. Sorry if i came off as combative, ignorant, or misinformed.

Hope you had a good time in vegas rogean, sry if this poll was out of line or done so in such a way that angered you. Mainly was just looking to kick off a discussion to kill time.
Blueberrii - 60 Mage
Gigglepurr - 60 Shaman
Kids - 60 Rogue
Fornfamnad - 60 Cleric
Old 08-04-2013, 02:49 AM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Angering me would be another one of your misconceptions. It takes a lot to get me angry. You're just seeing me facepalming due to having to explain something multiple times. People may even get banned when I get angry, and that happens like... once a year? I dunno.

Anywho, just saying like it is. And if you read my disclaimer again I did say I wasn't stating the rule couldn't be changed. I just wanted to correct aforementioned misconception.

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 08-04-2013, 02:50 AM
Kobold

It would be pretty funny if the rule was revoked and if a guild trained another guild in VP all their keys would be deleted [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Think twice before being a douchebag lol

If I was owner of p99, I wonder if the population would love or hate me?
Old 08-04-2013, 03:03 AM
Banned

No training allowed. Makes it better place for everyone.
Old 08-04-2013, 03:06 AM
Sarnak

I honestly think it should be open to discussion again. It just doesn't make sense that training would be allowed in any zones with the current state of the server. Whether it is FE,IB,TMO or whomever it is.. It's just interfering with a raid instead of racing for targets. I mean if another guild beats you to the target you can just train them to get it ? Variance was put in for a reason to make it a competition...a race. FTE shouts are now in game to let people know who won the race. Training at this point seems to be a mechanic that allows the slower guild in each race in VP to still win the target with interference... That doesn't really fit in the spirit of competition. I mean I understand if it stays in... It just doesn't seem to fit in with the rest of the mechanics introduced to the game.

Just my 2 cents.
Last edited by Vianna; 08-04-2013 at 03:15 AM..
Old 08-04-2013, 03:15 AM
VIP / Contributor

maybe the guilds should get together and see if its possible to work something out for the present time. no one is forcing anyone to train each other.

Sirken's Twitch Stream - www.twitch.tv/sirken_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Accusing me of simultaneous favoritism for two opposing guilds involves a special kind of stupid
Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten View Post
going after sirken is like going to a cheerleader convention and punching the only one that bothered to talk to you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post
I've met Sirken IRL.. he ain't jelly of shit

Old 08-04-2013, 03:19 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
maybe the guilds should get together and see if its possible to work something out for the present time. no one is forcing anyone to train each other.
Im personally working on this now, sirken.
Unfortunately not all parties involved are willing to negotiate at this point as far as I've been told.
Blueberrii - 60 Mage
Gigglepurr - 60 Shaman
Kids - 60 Rogue
Fornfamnad - 60 Cleric
Old 08-04-2013, 03:23 AM
Fire Giant

Send a message via AIM to Laugher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I like that idea, but I'm also not in a guild atm haha. Everywhere else in the game things are regulated and (if necessary) enforced by GMs, on blue there really aren't many arenas where a compromise or even friendship among the raiders of high end content is promoted so much as a first-come-first-kill entitlement, perhaps VP is a good setting in which these things can happen before Velious?

(speculation): if ST or some similarly high end Velious zone is to be treated with the same policy wouldn't it be good to have perhaps worked out a resolution over things? With ST coming out it would seem that the awakening of the Sleeper (for example) would be something a lot of people (and guilds potentially) would want to be part of and that wouldn't be as possible without a bit of compromise.. compromise which would be more easily hammered out in Kunark than between trains in Velious.

*edit* my spelling errors, didn't see your post till I made mine Tassle glad to see someone's on this
Last edited by Laugher; 08-04-2013 at 03:28 AM..
Old 08-04-2013, 03:27 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vianna [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I honestly think it should be open to discussion again. It just doesn't make sense that training would be allowed in any zones with the current state of the server. Whether it is FE,IB,TMO or whomever it is.. It's just interfering with a raid instead of racing for targets. I mean if another guild beats you to the target you can just train them to get it ? Variance was put in for a reason to make it a competition...a race. FTE shouts are now in game to let people know who won the race. Training at this point seems to be a mechanic that allows the slower guild in each race in VP to still win the target with interference... That doesn't really fit in the spirit of competition. I mean I understand if it stays in... It just doesn't seem to fit in with the rest of the mechanics introduced to the game.

Just my 2 cents.
Couldnt have said it better myself, I agree with you on the fact that it may be time to revisit this discussion as a server. Maybe we can work out a system which makes more sense and supports the mantra of classic everquest we all love.

I mean its silly to me people bring up stuff like item links and /makeleader yet discussions regarding training in VP never happen and if they do trolls are on it like flies to a bag of shit.
Blueberrii - 60 Mage
Gigglepurr - 60 Shaman
Kids - 60 Rogue
Fornfamnad - 60 Cleric
Closed Thread