You guys use a lot of acronyms.
Mithras Firehealer - 60 cleric
Gurig Fireplague - 53 necro
Umphrey McGee - 55 magician
Loden Arrows - 46 ranger
Old 06-03-2013, 03:11 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyra [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ummm spot healers?

Character name / server?
It was an example, and a worst case scenario one at that. Ummm simmah dahn nah. And fuck i dont remember TBH, im Nune on MoltenWoW (the emu server) but i was on a few servers on live. Always rerolled to play with RL friends
Old 06-03-2013, 03:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaniron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do entire raid groups really wipe if a Cleric slightly mistimes a CH?
The last few xpacs on live when it comes to raiding they have mechanics built in that even if 1 person (doesn't have to be a cleric) misses their trigger or emote it can wipe a raid. Nice part is the raid npc's will /shout who fucked up.
Old 06-03-2013, 03:12 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You guys use a lot of acronyms.
wtf? bs. Gtfo.

tl;dr.
Old 06-03-2013, 03:20 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The only thing I found difficult about WoW, from raiding to leveling to dungeons blah blah was the PvP.
This is probably a pointless argument to have but it is so blatantly wrong it is frustrating. The high end raid content in WoW was incredibly difficult due to needing both geared players and understanding of complex fight mechanics.

Cheal chains are not difficult, it is a matter of having enough clerics and a tank that can live for the time between casts.

Having a boss randomly do a 360* aoe doesn't make the fight complex, it just makes a resist check.

Go read a guide for Illidan: http://www.wowwiki.com/Illidan_Stormrage_(tactics)
Or Kael http://www.wowwiki.com/Kael%27thas_Sunstrider_(tactics)

Shit is confusing and requires both overall gear, resist gear and everyone in the raid paying full attention and constantly moving, switching targets etc.

Eq was my first mmo and I enjoy it a lot more than WoW but the boss fights in WoW are really hard to compare against in anything else.
Old 06-03-2013, 04:23 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cippofra [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nothing as challenging as classic eq? You should watch the video of Nihilum downing Illidan for the first time. Find something in velious era or prior EQ to match that. EQ raiding was simply about making sure half of those present were awake and doing something, anything at all.

I've tried a lot of different MMO's and eq classic remains my favorite. But this whole "challenging" idea is just bs.
If you are comparing the difficulty of WoW to EQ pre-Luclin (or Hell, pre-GoD) then you're either on crack, a moron, trolling or never played EQ classic.

EQ was so bloody hardcore that there were some thing that I have not seen in any other MMO since. Period. EQ is why mobs leash, EQ had actual death penalties, EQ had the largest raids (70 people) of any MMO I personally have played. EQ was the kind of game people play over a decade later and really only want a graphics update for.

WoW was designed to be pretty, but to be so easy anyone and their whole family could play. WoW took the basic concepts of EQ and took anything resembling difficulty out of it. I know, I played EQ pre-Kunark through GoD and WoW vanilla through Cataclysm. Anyone who could play EQ could play WoW, but the mass majority of WoW players being handed EQ classic would rage and quit or cry in frustration after three hours.