Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 07-10-2023, 12:29 PM
Banned

I used to have a massive panic disorder during college, when I also smoked a metric ton of weed every day. I've had more weed-induced panic attacks than I can count.

In my case I just kind of naturally outgrew the problem. I didn't want to try medication because I knew too many people who hated how hard it is to get off SSRIs and benzos. A few people recommended cognitive behavioral therapy, which I've heard good things about, but I didn't have the money.

It just kind of naturally went away. After you've had enough episodes of feeling like you're about to die or that if you leave the house you'll die, and it never happens, you start to realize it's probably never going to happen and those panicky feelings of impending doom naturally go away.

I basically subjected myself to exposure therapy without knowing it, heh. It's been years now since I've had a panic attack, and I can smoke weed again just fine! So just saying there's always hope.
Last edited by Ooloo; 07-10-2023 at 12:32 PM..
Old 07-10-2023, 06:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’ve lately had some issues where I cranked my nervous system too hard with an intense 2.5hr workout then tried to go to bed after

Not only can I not sleep, I can’t even stay in the same position for more than a few minutes, and I feel like I want to crawl out of my own skin. My body is basically telling my brain “no, why are you laying down? We are fighting for our lives running from tigers or something, you need to worry and move”. I stay stuck in this like flight or fight mental state

I’m not into self-harm so what I try to alleviate it somewhat is just flex various body parts and do a mental body scan after to try to relax. For yourself, a light workout might be ideal, not for me though, the workout is what caused it

For anyone else that wants to experience anxiety or thinks anxiety isn’t real, I know of a way from wayyy back in the day. You can either do a shitload of coke and then will be anxious on the comedown. Or if you want a legal way, all health food stores like GNC sell a supplement called Yohimbe. If you take about 3-5 pills of that, you will have anxiety through the roof, and probably heart tachycardia as well. Why that shit is still legal I have no idea, it’s been linked to heart attacks in the past. Anyone that tries to tell me anxiety isn’t real, I tell them to try the Yohimbe overdose challenge lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I used to have a massive panic disorder during college, when I also smoked a metric ton of weed every day. I've had more weed-induced panic attacks than I can count.

In my case I just kind of naturally outgrew the problem. I didn't want to try medication because I knew too many people who hated how hard it is to get off SSRIs and benzos. A few people recommended cognitive behavioral therapy, which I've heard good things about, but I didn't have the money.

It just kind of naturally went away. After you've had enough episodes of feeling like you're about to die or that if you leave the house you'll die, and it never happens, you start to realize it's probably never going to happen and those panicky feelings of impending doom naturally go away.

I basically subjected myself to exposure therapy without knowing it, heh. It's been years now since I've had a panic attack, and I can smoke weed again just fine! So just saying there's always hope.
Real talk. Thx guys. I hope this helps the OP.

Not trying to hijack ur thread.
Old 07-13-2023, 11:38 PM
Banned

I think we now can excuse all malign behavior as mental illness and never have to think about it any further.
Old 07-14-2023, 01:40 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussenseiter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think we now can excuse all malign behavior as mental illness and never have to think about it any further.
Or like how tempting it is to, rather than face up to an individual inter-personality problem, to base negative behaviors from others as due to racism or some other -ism
Old 07-17-2023, 01:47 AM
Planar Protector

🚿🚿🚿
Old 07-20-2023, 12:00 PM
Planar Protector

SHowered today but have a big ass rash still
Old 07-20-2023, 12:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
SHowered today but have a big ass rash still
Does that describe the size or the location?
Old 07-21-2023, 06:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ass rash
updates?
Old 07-22-2023, 09:02 AM
Planar Protector

I put poweder and cream on it its getting better
Old 07-22-2023, 10:19 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I cannot believe this, not cause I think you lie just cause you Yankies do not understand the metric system.
So, 1 metric tonne is 1000kg which equals 1.102311 ton or 2204.623 pounds.

You sir, are a Po Thead.

On the topic of not taking meds, currently not taking Zoloft. Stopped cold turkey. Couple days of head spinning light headedness.
Being on it made me feel mentally weaker, but more able to drown out feelings of depression. Sort of felt like i was settling for inferior me.
But off it im feeling much sharper in the mind. I'll take that deal.
They did their job initially though.