Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2015, 08:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamwiseRed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
LOL thought those AE storms all over the map were normal. This is my first time really playing. So far I am level 32 templar in act 3. i havent read much, still no idea what all these orbs do, but I've been using molten strike paired with some overkill fire gem i found. Everyone says I will die in act 4 without a proper builds, well see. I filled my stash with rares and unique in case I die.
What you need to watch for is piety in act4, her 360 beam is ridic. Id watch a video of it before trying to go through it. My 46 tempest was lolfacetanking everything up to her and she 3 hit rip me. Apparently malachai is tough too, ill be checkin some vids first. You can pay 70+ players to kill tough bosses for you, i might do that just to go to cruel docks. If you didnt know theres some farm zones, Docks is farm map for act3 and dried lake is for act4.
Last edited by Tradesonred; 07-13-2015 at 08:15 PM..
Old 07-13-2015, 08:18 PM
Sarnak

I've had a bunch of fun with the new expansion. Been playing a dual fire totem witch build, have gotten to around level 36 so far and enjoying every minute of it.

The desync is completely gone for me and the lag that they said might occur while using the new synching system is non existent for me.

The game just feels so much better only having to click on a chest once to open it, not a dozen times and not getting randomly teleported and swarmed because of desync.

The levels and how you can obtain the fun leveling gems have improved dramatically. I remember having to rush to act 2 of the second difficulty to get my fire totems, was such a pain to level up to 30ish before getting the skill you will be using for your characters entirety.

They did a really nice job with this expansion. Imo still one of the best f2p games out there.
Old 07-13-2015, 08:22 PM
Banned

Are you using lockstep or predictive? Lockstep was stuttering for me when i first played friday, so i put it to predictive. Worked fine for 24h. Then bad desyncs, so i tried lockstep again. Same stutter but at least no desync. This morning i was booted off server and there was a small queue coming back in so looks like part of the problem is on their side. I agree on fun factor and non P2W, this is how F2P should be done.
Old 07-13-2015, 08:27 PM
Sarnak

I'm using the lockstep, whatever region server you connect to will impact your performance. I'm in Tennessee and the game routed me to a Texas server, I only experienced a lock-up lag once and that was during the release day. It was strange, the game was running but all characters stood still, then all at once everything moved at supersonic speeds, luckily my fire totems kept me alive.

Other then that incident I haven't had any other issues.
Old 07-13-2015, 08:52 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamwiseRed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
got 75 all resists atm
Thats pretty awesome for a level 32. I'm not to sure what your plans on for a end build but I see quite a few wasted nodes that could be spent else where for better bang for your buck.

For example, removing the Int node at templar, the two staff/mace nodes. Then moving those points into Catalyst for + int/str +24% element weapon dmg, for the price of 2 points. If you would remove the elemental dmg at templar you would only be 1 point away from faith & steel 20%armor/10% energy shield/8% all resist.

Not bashing, I think your build is fine, just throwing out a few tips.
Old 07-13-2015, 09:39 PM
Planar Protector

Just downloaded and booted it up for the first time in like 3 years...have a 70 witch and 70 ranger...apparently my gear is super outdated and crap lol. Where should i go to lvl/grind gear?
Old 07-13-2015, 09:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizen1080 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just downloaded and booted it up for the first time in like 3 years...have a 70 witch and 70 ranger...apparently my gear is super outdated and crap lol. Where should i go to lvl/grind gear?
The fresh league, tempest [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-14-2015, 07:44 AM
Kobold

Christ! I wish I had never set eyes on this thread. I watched a TotalBiscuit YouTube review, and he came away with favourable impressions, and now you folks are posting favourable impressions.

I do like the concept of separate PvP rule-sets for leagues, I like the concept of builds and being able to switch builds (to an extent) if you've realised that you don't like a build or have FUBARed, and this [product] sounds like a well-executed FTP game.

If I wasn't enjoying P99, I'd play in a heart-beat.
Riotgirl - formerly High Elf Enchanter | Ayonae Ro
Old 07-14-2015, 10:10 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riotgirl [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this [product] sounds like a well-executed FTP game.
It is, I think it's the best ftp system of them all. Only thing that comes even marginally close to being so called p2w is stash space, but you can have tons of mules to easily solve that problem.

Even with their ftp system they still net strong profits without gouging their players wallets. Which makes me want to help fund such a project, unlike all these cash grab games we're getting these days.
Old 07-14-2015, 10:52 AM
Fire Giant

stavio got that right. PoE is ftp exceptionally well done, in an ethically sound way. The developers (Grinding Gear Games) seem to be people with morals. That they can still live from that is a marvel worth supporting. I bought some stash tabs as well.
Closed Thread