Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2017, 04:38 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotton05 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Everyone is equal man. All it takes is one alert person and one tracker that's alert. Trust me a/a don't have professional runners anymore than csg(well I mean awakened was cheating but that's another story.) they just have more willing bodies to throw at an fte race.

What guild are you? I'd gladly help fill you in on tips if you want to pm me.

The alternative is the worst, Coth ducking mages with instant pulls, the epitome of hell on p99 imo.
Quakes only with no special raid rules would work out the best, I feel. Camp your guild on raid mobs if you want. Use 20 coth mages if you want. If all raid mobs pop at once then one strong guild can't take everything. However better guilds can organize faster and wipe less, so they would down more bosses. Plus it'd mean everyone could have a life rather than sit on a line for 16 hours (or longer as variance expands)
Last edited by Nexii; 01-30-2017 at 04:41 PM..
Old 01-30-2017, 04:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nommis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I even heard there was a conga line at ToV entrance, so cool! Like REALLY cool.
bout as cool as hashtags and random gifs
Old 01-30-2017, 04:47 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexii [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What you are trying to say in way too many words is: Please enforce a rotation.

Edit: And also that all guilds should be equal. They shouldn't be. Hardcore isn't for everyone nor is casual. If you aren't happy in your casual guild then look elsewhere.
So it does not matter how far your guild has come. Endless farming of Planes and endless farming of HoT to gear everyone up, ready for the next challenge in bosses to test your guild and get that first kill achievement. If you do not have Usain Bolt in your guild to win races. Then your content ends there. And forever labelled "Casual Guild". I use to think a Guilds Status was based on what they could kill and NOT what races they could win.
Last edited by saujee; 01-30-2017 at 05:14 PM..
Old 01-30-2017, 04:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by saujee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So it does not matter how far your guild has come. Endless farming of Planes and endless farming of HoT to gear everyone up, ready for the next challenge in bosses to test your guild and get that first kill achievement. If you do not have Usain Bolt in your guild to win races. Then your content ends there. And forever labelled "Casual Guild".
whats wrong with casual guild label? i enjoy it and we kill merbs.
Old 01-30-2017, 04:49 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by saujee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So it does not matter how far your guild has come. Endless farming of Planes and endless farming of HoT to gear everyone up, ready for the next challenge in bosses to test your guild and get that first kill achievement. If you do not have Usain Bolt in your guild to win races. Then your content ends there. And forever labelled "Casual Guild".
See my second post. I'm not pro racing either. But enforced rotation is far worse. EQ is a game, and games are supposed to be competitive AND fun. Racing = no fun. Enforced rotation = no competitiveness.
Old 01-30-2017, 04:52 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
What I am trying to say is, is there another way other than racing.

The top guilds are great. I dont want take anything from them but unfortunately it is like racing vs guilds on steroids atm and the top guilds will always have that advantage and stay on the top leaving lower guilds unable to progress unless the top guild gets banned or they deguild and join them.
What you need to understand is that any time a rule set has changed, the hardcore guilds are naturally quicker to learn and eventually perfect what is needed to secure and kill the mobs.

When Velious dropped the C/R/FFA cycles ended and hardcore guilds were free to go to town on whatever. The smaller guilds didn't bother with the end game stuff because it was an absurd amount of work to go in to the deep end already full of sharks and most likely come away empty handed.

Then the tactics escalated and smaller rules were implemented. Bigger guilds figured out how to snap pull dragons accross zones and things like that, and smaller guilds fell further behind while also shaking their heads at the whole thing.

Finally after the smaller guilds had had enough of the nonsense, Sirken stepped in and changed the rules to level the playing field dramatically, by putting in the racing rules and implementing a 1 hour lockout and made it so guilds could only be engaged in one target at a time. Before this if Aftermath or Awakened was getting ready to pull Koi and Tormax popped, a single guild could split forces and kill both at the same time. This was actually pretty common.

But even with the rules having just changed to allow everybody to figure out the racing mechanics at the same time, the hardcore guilds neckbearded harder and the smaller guilds were again deterred by the learning curve relative to the amount of work required, and the hardcore guilds have stayed mostly uncontested from any smaller guilds on race mobs.

There is a theme here. Unless there is an enforced rotation, the hardcore guilds will likely figure out the mechanics and kill just about everything and the smaller guilds will remain annoyed by the neck bearding.

This usually leads to two different types of posts in pleas towards the server staff and hardcore players...

1. Enforce a rotation, change variance, repop bonanza, etc.
2. Beg the hardcore guilds to care less. (Not going to happen)
Old 01-30-2017, 04:55 PM
Planar Protector

Facts are that there are actually 6 guilds that are getting highly contested FTEs and kills in under an hour.

Aftermath, Awakened, Azure Guard, Europa, Omni and Rustle.

Cons to Aftermath/Awakened: your playtime needs to be higher to see the good loot and you will likely need to do some serious FTEing to keep a slot in the dkp line up. More hardcore.
Pros to Aftermath/Awakened: you get more loot from high end content and it is spread across less people.

Cons to Azure Guard/Europa/Omni: you don't see as many high end FTEs and a good portion of the playtime of those FTEs is going to be while you are at work if you are a USA est player. Loot is also spread across three guilds.
Pros to Azure Guard/Europa/Omni: The large number of people means you can raid high end content at a leisurely pace with no raid requirements. Lots of hourly farming raids to build dkp outside of poopsocking. Omni doesnt use a dkp system if that isn't your thing. There is a fantastic infrastructure that keeps the guilds identified as different entities and they all have different time zones.

Cons to Rustle: As casual guilds go, Rustle doesn't race as often as the Azure Guard/Europa/Omni alliance but they do race well. Rustle are primarily a USA pm prime time guild.
Pros to Rustle: As a single entity, they are probably the most casual about raid mobs and raiding. With less people to spread the racing out rustle will focus on a few mobs and put their effort behind that and win those races often enough. I hear they are dkp but have a first item goes to the FTEr policy for some dkp expenditure. They have some very experience players and good leadership.

With 2 hard core guilds and 4 casual guilds spanning across all time zones and languages I'm not sure how the server could hold more guilds wanting more content. Why would any individual player or guild leader want to make more guilds for this content rather than join an established one? This server has both casuals and hardcore. Both have to make sacrifices to make the raid environment something in the middle. No one is happy and neither extreme will ever be implimented.
Last edited by bktroost; 01-30-2017 at 05:01 PM..
Old 01-30-2017, 04:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I use to think a Guilds Status was based on what they could kill and what races they could win.
This is so far from the truth. You completely understand now. There are probably 20 guilds that have come and gone that WERE able to kill AoW and Vyemm and Tunare but none of that matters here. Everyone can do that.

What matters is having a working infrastructure internally that provides reward and divides responsibility and that the system produces FTEs and successful pulls.

All of that AND you have to have a well geared, trained and capable guild. Farming HoT is the smallest portion of getting kills in P99.

Edit: You also need to have some dedicated officers in Skype to handle politicking and lawyerquesting. You won't get far without it.
Last edited by bktroost; 01-30-2017 at 05:09 PM..
Old 01-30-2017, 05:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotton05 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wow just wow delete this plz. Other guilds get mobs a lot and the one hour rule gives CSG or the likes there of a reasonable amount of time to kill. Just because a/a claim to have veteran racers doesn't mean shit.

Gimp and I was the only ones on the line for statue once 2 vs 30+ a/a and we won. Snacks continues to casually get ftes in ToV along with a few others. Come on now. The alternative means you will see 0 mobs I repeat you will not get a single one. The current rule set favors the casual. Now move along.

Ps. You have no clue how it was in kunark. You'd be thankful it is how it is now if you did.
We were suspended bro, dont lie. It was 30 Awakened [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-30-2017, 05:04 PM
Orc

Thank you for all your comments.

From my personal perspective. My guild has tons of potential to progress and to defeat all bosses on the server. It is just just a pity that guilds like aftermath and awakened are just too damn good at racing. I just do not want to believe that joining them are the only option to see end game content when I believe a guild like mine has so much potential to progress but just can not race like them.
Closed Thread