Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 12:58 PM
Kobold

the better question is if there is another item "locket of escape" that does the say thing why is this item so more unbalancing then that one and u are fine letting that in the game and clickable by anyone. u cant really say one is more unbalancing then the other when they do the same thing.

your undeniable proof isn't out there, we have sited all we can and as it isnt undeniable it is from more then one source. And as long as u make it nodrop and take out the quest as some point. it fixes your unbalancing problem. Of course there will be more rings out then on live, as all nerfed items as we all know about them and go after them.
Old 03-16-2011, 01:39 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alienorg [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the better question is if there is another item "locket of escape" that does the say thing why is this item so more unbalancing then that one and u are fine letting that in the game and clickable by anyone. u cant really say one is more unbalancing then the other when they do the same thing.

your undeniable proof isn't out there, we have sited all we can and as it isnt undeniable it is from more then one source. And as long as u make it nodrop and take out the quest as some point. it fixes your unbalancing problem. Of course there will be more rings out then on live, as all nerfed items as we all know about them and go after them.
Now, i've only just now discovery the quest (didn't even know it existed until the recent update). But supposedly, it's unbalancing because of the fact that it can be recharged easily for 10 gp according to:

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/q...98056860526827

So yes. It is much more unbalanced.
Prexus/Mithaniel Marr:
Arkis Truefire - 60th Paladin, retired
Old 03-16-2011, 02:19 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Now, i've only just now discovery the quest (didn't even know it existed until the recent update). But supposedly, it's unbalancing because of the fact that it can be recharged easily for 10 gp according to:

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/q...98056860526827

So yes. It is much more unbalanced.
As opposed to having someone vendor recharge your locket of escape for a few hundred pp? I dont know the exact buyback but if its under 1k for the recharge (buying both) then its nothing as well. Both imbalanced, both nerfed/removed, both more abundant on this server like guises, manastones, rubicite, etc. Should follow the timeline with no drop and quest removal however with the proof provided it should be an equivalent to locket.
Old 03-16-2011, 02:29 PM
Project Manager

Comparable to locket?

Locket of Escape.. drops uncommonly, for a limited time.. from a rare spawn level 38 npc, at the bottom of a dungeon in Kunark.

Ring of the Dead.. was* questable, for a limited time, from a npc that is up 100% the time, and needs THEX MALLETS.

Additionally, everyone here knows that locket of escape could be used for bind affinity. That's.. the way it's always been.

Now I'm being asked for a Ring of the Dead, which I bet 99% of you didn't even know existed, to be equally as strong, recharged for 10gp, and will allow melee to bind anywhere a caster can, as long as they have 10gp and some faction, forever.

That.. is not comparable, and is the reason I asked for undeniable proof.
Last edited by nilbog; 03-16-2011 at 02:33 PM..
Old 03-16-2011, 02:39 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzbad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As opposed to having someone vendor recharge your locket of escape for a few hundred pp? I dont know the exact buyback but if its under 1k for the recharge (buying both) then its nothing as well. Both imbalanced, both nerfed/removed, both more abundant on this server like guises, manastones, rubicite, etc. Should follow the timeline with no drop and quest removal however with the proof provided it should be an equivalent to locket.
Was going to say something, but Nilbog covers it all ^.^
Prexus/Mithaniel Marr:
Arkis Truefire - 60th Paladin, retired
Old 03-16-2011, 04:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Comparable to locket?

Locket of Escape.. drops uncommonly, for a limited time.. from a rare spawn level 38 npc, at the bottom of a dungeon in Kunark.

Ring of the Dead.. was* questable, for a limited time, from a npc that is up 100% the time, and needs THEX MALLETS.

Additionally, everyone here knows that locket of escape could be used for bind affinity. That's.. the way it's always been.

Now I'm being asked for a Ring of the Dead, which I bet 99% of you didn't even know existed, to be equally as strong, recharged for 10gp, and will allow melee to bind anywhere a caster can, as long as they have 10gp and some faction, forever.

That.. is not comparable, and is the reason I asked for undeniable proof.
If the mob or its PH spawns once every 19 minutes (up from 6 minutes on Live). Maybe spawns half the time. It drops a piece of the quest maybe once every 2 or 3 kills. That averages to about a mallet once every three or four hours. Basically you're making it three times harder to acquire than it was.

If the Ring of the Dead is the rare reward, and you get it maybe 10% of the time, we're talking 30 or 40 hours per Ring. This is TOTALLY prohibitive to any casual player and should be extremely daunting to many of the most hardcore as well. The uncommonly dropped Locket of Escape will probably take nowhere near this long to loot, on average. If both are only available a limited time, and you've already taken the step to gimp the spawn of the Ring, to where the Ring is several times more time-consuming to achieve than the Locket will be, where is the problem in giving them a comparable power, especially considering the strong evidence in favor?
Old 03-16-2011, 04:09 PM
Project Manager

Your post yielded to me nothing, other than you want to use Ring of the Dead.

You assume that I intended some gimping of a spawn? Elaborate, and more specifically, bug report.

Also, 10% to me is considered ultra rare. The % is higher than that.
Last edited by nilbog; 03-16-2011 at 04:12 PM..
Old 03-16-2011, 05:11 PM
Sarnak

The faction work to aquire this is reasonable. The faction work required to recharge it, takes even longer. Thank goodness i have a dark elf mask to help aid me in faction work. However most of the server won't have those luxuries. I know Myuharin in our guild (ogre sk) had to work his faction considerably longer. We'll both need to do more work just to be able to recharge it.
Last edited by Teeroyoyort; 03-16-2011 at 05:14 PM..
Old 03-16-2011, 05:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Your post yielded to me nothing, other than you want to use Ring of the Dead.

You assume that I intended some gimping of a spawn? Elaborate, and more specifically, bug report.

Also, 10% to me is considered ultra rare. The % is higher than that.
19 minute spawn time, about 50% (maybe a little more) ph. (On live, the spawn time was about 6 minutes, I thought you meant to gimp this spawn to keep the Ring from overcirculation due to the fact that a larger percentage of people here actually KNOW about the item before it gets cancelled)

About 1/2 of the mobs seem to drop the item needed, and only one of the two pieces will drop. This guess could be optimistic after getting 5 mallets in 15 hours.

Out of those 5 mallets, one this morning yielded the Ring of the Dead. I was extremely happy, thought it was more around a 10%. (Awesome to hear hard quest data directly from a developer, that makes me kind of giddy!) But we're still talking 15-20 hours of camp on average vs the Locket camp which was a lot easier.

Just giving you the numbers of the camp you've made and I have direct experience in, if you really take nothing from it, just lie and tell me I was useful anyway. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-16-2011, 06:25 PM
Fire Giant

Nilbog I totally understand your concern. You're absolutely right that almost no one knew about the ring when it was still available on Live. I knew about the ring in classic, and I knew it was clickable by anyone, but I was obsessed with the idea of melee-binding-anywhere. I joined the server about 5 months ago, and I just assumed at the time that the quest had already been removed.

Depending on how you look at the balance issue, the droppable or nodrop issue might be countered by clickability. If the ring is both droppable and clickable first week of Kunark, everybody will bind and there is virtually no concern about hoarding. If it is nodrop, then it can't be transferred and is only good for one shot without prohibitive faction work for most melees; if that were the plan it should be probably be made nodrop again immediately.

I do think the faction work involved should greatly mitigate much of your concern, assuming it isn't droppable. I may be the only Non-dark elf to achieve the faction without illusion thus far on server; there can't be very many. It took me 3 days of grinding faction, and I didn't really do anything but sleep and play all 3 days. I shiver to think of the work it would take to recharge the ring. The faction is really hard to increase, and there just isn't much information regarding effectiveness of the few methods there are.

Anyhow Nilbog, I'll see if I can work on some proof for you, if any exists. What would you need?

Myuharin <Force of Will> & Myuharin the Revenant
Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth View Post
6 hybrids in one group.. i believe you may actually LOSE experience per kill.
Last edited by uygi; 03-16-2011 at 06:29 PM..
Closed Thread