Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2012, 06:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
COTH should be dropping aggro. So if you're using it to pull you're exploiting anyway, making it a moot point.
It does drop aggro and retrieves the player out of the mobs and plants him or her at the mage's feet. Working as intended.

Circlet of Shadow instantly invises the user and will prevent non-see-invis mobs from aggroing. Working as intended.

The DoT spell re-aggros the mob on the next tick when the damage is applied again. Same mechanic that breaks mez every server tick. Getting COTH'd does not clear all prior debuffs/dots that you may have casted on mobs. This is working as intended.

The dotted mob will not cause social aggro to non-see-invis mobs as it runs past. I don't remember how this worked in Live classic, but if anything, this part would be the part that is not working as intended and allowing the pull described above to happen.

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 01-01-2012, 07:19 PM
Banned

^^^ I hate to agree but this is correct.
Old 01-01-2012, 07:20 PM
Banned

CoH IS dropping aggro like its supposed to. The dot is regaining aggro. At one point it did clear aggro, you see where this is going.
Old 01-01-2012, 07:24 PM
VIP / Contributor

Then that just seems like a clever use of mechanics. I don't know the specifics of how mobs re-aggroed while invis either, and that's a level of detail that wouldn't be easy to find.
Old 01-01-2012, 08:34 PM
Planar Protector

idk how it works... but if nobody gets trained sounds legit... if some does get trained i'd look out for the wrath of amelinda lol.

edit.. assuming nobody is actually camping the monster.. if you show up to a camp just to pull the named would be lame.
Old 01-01-2012, 11:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flunklesnarkin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
idk how it works... but if nobody gets trained sounds legit... if some does get trained i'd look out for the wrath of amelinda lol.

edit.. assuming nobody is actually camping the monster.. if you show up to a camp just to pull the named would be lame.
the only way someone else is getting trained when another person is pulling with cos, is the person training themselves.

Mobs don't just choose to aggro random people in the zone because another mob runs by that is on someone invisible.

Same goes with the super secret coth pull.
Old 01-02-2012, 11:29 AM
Kobold

Default Opportunism

I could take advantage of another player's bad luck or low level of playing ability to get mines, but in reality I wouldn't feel right. There are plenty of camps available at all levels of play and skill.
A lost art is pulling. Pullers would always return on the INC backwards to see if the pull is going well, and to memorize the pathing. Pathing errors are part and parcel of Everquest. It is an old MMO, and in my opinion, crazy pathing is part of the charm of the game, as well as the challenge that keeps me playing this and not a game that makes me say to myself "Wow this is easy, Wow this is boring". Anyone who volunteered to pull (Something I refuse to do) knew the pathing of the area, it was just expected skill. As a matter of fact, many of them knew where the fear wells were also, but most likely they are alts of a wealthy necro.
I know that by the rules I could vulture on a camp that has people wanting it but has had bad luck or bad skill. Their loss is not my opportunity to me. If I am at a camp and a group runs up crying bloody murder, well, although I love humanity, I am aware of the zeitgeist that selfishness is a virtue nowadays. In short. I am here and I don't know them from mo to trust them. If they are there and they wipe. Well, that is their bad luck, but I am not about to vulture them. I wouldn't feel right about it.
If the rules said I could beat someone with a hammer and take their money. I wouldn't. There is far, far more to life than "What I can get away with". There is being a decent human being.

- Brimacombe
Old 01-02-2012, 02:54 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What she said was that we're not going to give you obnoxious players the benefit of the doubt when no one officially witnessed the alleged "pathing bug" happen. Dying to a pathing bug at seb scarabs would definitely be the first time it's been heard of. Rough translation for the simple: It's a bullshit story to retake a camp lost to a pull failure. There is no grace period to retake a camp, except on server reboots. Guess what, the server didn't reboot. If you can't keep up with the conversation, you shouldn't join in at all.
I'm not saying this is what happened and not even claiming that it would make the peoples claim to the camp legit, but there is a pretty nasty pathing "bug" at that camp. I don't know the exact cause but I think if you get too far ahead of the frog just to the right of guardian (for instance he starts cast, you agro and you take off back for B2) he'll path through crypt and through some portion of chef for a truly epic train. Once you know about it, though, it's simple to realize it's happening and abort. It's less of a bug and one of those things that makes EQ the unforgiving masterpiece that it is.
Last edited by Spudsy; 01-02-2012 at 03:03 PM..
Closed Thread