Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2015, 09:25 PM
Planar Protector

Wait til Velious comes and your slide on your DPS spot. I'd feel more sorry for you if you didn't "stand out" with 50% Duelist uptime on Kunark dragons.

Or maybe their feedback is based on this female avatar you've created for yourself. Everybody is a lot nicer to girls.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 05-26-2015, 09:47 PM
Planar Protector

Maybe you're just picking a fight with a TMO person you don't like in an inappropriate subforum.
Old 05-26-2015, 09:48 PM
Fire Giant

There has been an explosion of salt in this thread. Not sure why. I read it twice and I can't figure out why everyone is so mad. lol

TLDR: DUMP ALL POINTS INTO INT
Old 05-26-2015, 09:50 PM
Planar Protector

Probably not a bad idea. Trade skills are horribad on a rogue if they are Int / Wis based.
Old 05-26-2015, 09:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowpoke68 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Aesthetics are important to me and I have my races narrowed down to Half Elf (like the way they look in banded) and Dwarf (like dwarves). My one concern about Dwarf is how the weapons will look in their hands. I am using classic models and I know with Luclin all weapons look novelty undersized. Can anyone comment on this? Do they look like they fit in the hand properly and are they correct scale?

Also, I am curious about starting stat distribution. I have read a bunch of threads on the topic and consensus seems sta/str or str/sta. Could anyone comment on best place to assign stats on the two races I listed?

I know Rogues are the worst soloers and I will not be twinked. My question is, will I be able to solo blues at all? I want to spend all my time possible grouped, but for those times I can't find one, it would be nice to be able to do something productive while LFG. Doesn't have to fast, just wondering if it is possible as it would only be something to keep me busy while waiting on an invite.

Lastly, what about poisons? Worthwhile or not?
So back on topic, dwarf is a solid choice for all of the reasons discussed here. They have the second best starting STR/STA, and the best MR. Put max points in STA. Any remaining pints are just preference. They normally go in STR because you don't need WIS/INT/CHA are useless on a rogue. AGI is useless over 75. DEX and STR are actually both quite easily capped with buffs in Velious gear. You will never cap STA in the timeline of this server.

That's factual and well known at this point. Some people have already made the wrong stat decisions or picked races based on aesthetic reasons. It's honestly not that big of a deal, but to pretend it's optimal and try to post on the forums to encourage people to make the same mistakes is just intentionally spreading misinformation.

Please don't poison the well.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 05-26-2015, 09:57 PM
Planar Protector

Rogues are terrible soloers. Even with epic, fungi, bandages, most fights will bring you within inches of death, if not worse. Instill doubt is unreliable at best. It used to be broken on this server and work better than it should have. It's been fixed now. Find a kiter with snare to duo. You're not going to be able to tank well yourself. You have no aggro abilities. Pet classes are out of the question because pets cannot tank over PCs in melee range.

Poisons are hard to use. You have to sit down to apply them, so it's best done when out of combat. Poison making is expensive to raise. You probably won't ever make any money back on it. It got better on live in the PoP era because poisons became self-buffs with charges like on WoW or Rift. They are not on the timeline of this server.
Old 05-26-2015, 11:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Find a kiter with snare to duo.
This is referred to as aggro kiting. It works well with druids or necros, but it can also work with wizards, SKs, or even rangers if you're OK with doing all of the work. Just have them cast snare, get lots of aggro, and run. You follow behind using backstab. Necros or SKs can fear to help, as well.
Old 05-27-2015, 08:09 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rogues are terrible soloers. Even with epic, fungi, bandages, most fights will bring you within inches of death, if not worse. Instill doubt is unreliable at best. It used to be broken on this server and work better than it should have. It's been fixed now. Find a kiter with snare to duo. You're not going to be able to tank well yourself. You have no aggro abilities. Pet classes are out of the question because pets cannot tank over PCs in melee range.

Poisons are hard to use. You have to sit down to apply them, so it's best done when out of combat. Poison making is expensive to raise. You probably won't ever make any money back on it. It got better on live in the PoP era because poisons became self-buffs with charges like on WoW or Rift. They are not on the timeline of this server.
I will disagree with you here. Everyone talks about how bad rogues are at solo but I found geared I was able to solo several places effectively til about 49. Then I started grouping. Then again I went extreme with my twinking and a friend loaned me a EotN and another friend loaned me a Fungi until I could get better weapon and my own Fungi. Some of it came down to sneak pulling to get singles. If you look around there are camps that can be single pulled if available and you just have to have plenty of bandages for downtimes. It allows for time to split the mobs also. So they arent all respawning together.

Edit: ok I am not sure when the ID ability was fixed I may have been leveling him during that time while it was still broken. This was back in 2013 towards the middle to end of year when I leveled rogue.
Last edited by Seltius; 05-27-2015 at 08:11 AM.. Reason: See edit
Old 05-27-2015, 09:21 AM
Sarnak

I solo'd most of the way to 52 or so back when Intimidate was broken. Was extremely fast, but tedious chasing unsnared feared mobs.

Life's hard when you're stupid.
Old 05-27-2015, 09:23 AM
Planar Protector

That's why god made jboots.
Closed Thread