Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2016, 03:36 PM
Fire Giant

bump, come on I wanna wear my lodi shield instead of wearing cof in addition to my ragebringer.

at least make it consistent, so worn % haste doesn't affect the backstab timer either.
Old 06-09-2016, 03:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aesop [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
bump, come on I wanna wear my lodi shield instead of wearing cof in addition to my ragebringer.

at least make it consistent, so worn % haste doesn't affect the backstab timer either.
no dont listen to him lol - haste should affect the timers for the backstab etc

they just need to examine the code for the specific affects where it is bugged and not affecting the cool down, then tweak it so the client accepts its haste as a factor for the buttons refresh......then again - Lay Hands has been broken for 5 years.

There might be legit issues when dealing with bugs that affects cool downs on buttons, I am not sure if this bug literally has existed since the dawn of time and no one truely noticed til recently or if its something that was introduced with a 'fix'

its very annoying to have to 'gear for haste' as a Rogue who uses a Ragebringer, that should be your haste item, not an additional one so you can simply backstab at a proper rate should your Ragebringer work.

as it stands right now - you must wear a CoF or Sky belt as a raiding rogue. That is unless you are in A/A and have access to many other haste options that are also gear upgrades. It is a non-issue then but the vast majority will experience this issue, and its really something that is wide spread to many classes besides rogues as Ranger's epic also are affected by this plight. Archery cool down is also bugged with this if you use Swiftwind for your haste.

Epics are downgraded due to this one mechanic, its unfortunate esp considering the amount of evidence proving this is indeed not working properly on P99.
Old 06-09-2016, 04:11 PM
Fire Giant

that would be preferable.
Old 06-11-2016, 11:00 PM
Planar Protector

I've no other worn haste than Ragebringer and I cannot afford to shop for a big haste item. Slow backstabs especially in groups with no haste buffs. Any chance of a word from someone on this?
Old 06-12-2016, 03:17 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Let me put this another way.

If the haste from items was affecting cooldowns, it was not intended. Now that the haste on items is actually fixed, evidence should be gathered that item haste should affect cooldowns. That is how to proceed.
Nilbog, what are your thoughts on the links I posted at the bottom of the second page?
Old 06-13-2016, 09:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nilbog, what are your thoughts on the links I posted at the bottom of the second page?
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-13-2016, 11:32 AM
Fire Giant

yes, I thought those links were case closed on this myself. He probably didn't see them so bump!
Old 06-16-2016, 12:20 PM
Orc

So we good for a fix next patch? This seems like a significant non-classic change that was made. Backstab is supposed to be effected by worn haste. Is more evidence required?
Old 06-16-2016, 12:23 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landylil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So we good for a fix next patch? This seems like a significant non-classic change that was made. Backstab is supposed to be effected by worn haste. Is more evidence required?
And specifically worn haste that comes from weird effects like Seething Fury on the Rogue epic.
Old 06-21-2016, 11:55 AM
Planar Protector

seems like a straightforward fix to me

could Nilbog peruse the code and create some great relief for everyman rogue with only their Ragebringer for haste