Planar Protector

Each race needs t ha 1) tank, 1dps and 1heal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autotune View Post
Dance puppets dance.
Old 08-22-2013, 04:53 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Stop being so boring.
Alright.. you put a lot of thought into and that's cool. Beyond that though your ideas are restrictive with no real purpose other than artificially making the game harder (read tedious) for the sake of it.

"The game is too easy.... so lets make it more tedious." is the TLDR version of your post.

Every one of your ideas scream tedious yet are only fun to the few people who want that exact set up.... it's like if red had a 1 death limit. I'm sure SOME people would love it, but it would be like 5.

lvl 37 Troll Shaman OF JUSTICE
Old 08-22-2013, 06:18 PM
Planar Protector

Barbarian: Warrior, Berserker, Shaman

Dark Elf: Shadow Knight, Wizard, Cleric

Dwarf: Warrior, Berserker, Cleric

Erudite (good) : Paladin, Magician, Cleric

Erudite (evil) : Shadow Knight, Necromancer, Cleic

Froglok: Warrior, Rogue, Shaman

Gnome (good) : Paladin, Rogue, Cleric

Gnome (evil) : Shadow Knight, Necromancer, Cleric

Half-Elf: Warrior, Bard, Druid

Halfling: Warrior, Rogue, Cleric

High Elf: Paladin, Enchanter, Cleric

Human (good) : Paladin, Monk, Druid

Human (evil) : Shadow Knight, Monk, Cleric

Iksar: Shadow Knight, Monk, Shaman

Kerran: Warrior, Beastlord, Shaman

Ogre: Warrior, Berserker, Shaman

Troll: Shadow Knight, Beastlord, Shaman

Wood Elf: Warrior, Ranger, Druid

This is good. Fixed for my own opinin
Quote:
Dance puppets dance.
Old 08-22-2013, 06:21 PM
Planar Protector

Also, eliminated neut team.
Barbs good, as slings good, halfies good and kerrans evil
Quote:
Dance puppets dance.
Old 08-22-2013, 07:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevynne [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Each race needs t ha 1) tank, 1dps and 1heal
All you "need" to have is the ability to kill before you get killed. Assuming natural health regen rates weren't so ridiculous. If a melee class could naturally heal up from almost dead to full health in 10 minutes, then it opens a lot of doors for grouping. Having a dedicated healer would be better, you'd level faster that way, but it wouldn't be necessary just to level.

For harder PvE content or trying to PvP a strong team, that's when you need more structure. But of course that's why the races are part of a greater alignment. You can still form into more ideal setups, you HAVE to eventually (if you want to achieve something greater). Each individual race just needs to be able to level up within their own sects and areas of the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bantam 1 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Alright.. you put a lot of thought into and that's cool. Beyond that though your ideas are restrictive with no real purpose other than artificially making the game harder (read tedious) for the sake of it.

"The game is too easy.... so lets make it more tedious." is the TLDR version of your post.
It's not about making the game more tedious at all...exactly the opposite. It's about making the game more unpredictable and making each individual character's journey much more unique. Yes, travel will often take longer in this version of the game, but the idea is that people defend their own territories and go on missions into other territories. It's not about every player taking the same route, trying to farm the exact same equipment, and teleporting around the game World constantly.

You get real communities (aside from Guilds) in this version of the game, which is part of what made Everquest so special in 1999. What I am talking about adding to the game in fact gives you a REAL "Classic Everquest" kind of experience. Doing things like this is in fact the ONLY way to truly make "Classic Everquest" come back to life; p1999 is currently far removed from what Classic Everquest actually was.

If you choose to be a High Elf Magician in this version of the game, then your gaming experience is going to be radically different than if you had chosen to be an Erudite Magician. And a Gnome Magician's gaming experience would be different than both of the others. That's great.
Old 08-22-2013, 07:46 PM
Sarnak

Why post here? Go post in emu forums and get some feedback there. Then go ahead and start this server of yours!
Old 08-23-2013, 12:51 PM
Sarnak

Ogres are the chosen children of Rallos Zek, cursed to caveman-levels for their skill in war. Having no Ogre Warriors is an affront to EQ's lore. If you want to make restrictions for EQ, I have no idea why you would ever try to limit classes. Classes have already been limited according to Verant's lore.

Put in zone restrictions, group restrictions, whatever. Clamping down on classes makes no sense to me.

Also, a dude.
Old 08-23-2013, 01:35 PM
Planar Protector

no iksar warrior?

shits weak
Old 08-23-2013, 02:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCB [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ogres are the chosen children of Rallos Zek, cursed to caveman-levels for their skill in war. Having no Ogre Warriors is an affront to EQ's lore.
Since they've been cursed, they no longer have the patience nor the intelligence to train as proper Warriors. They have to take the easy way out and follow the dark side as Shadowknights or the primitive ways of Berserkers and Beastlords.

So, actually, this makes more sense with EQ lore. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Zuranthium; 08-23-2013 at 02:09 PM..
Old 08-23-2013, 02:27 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipdog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why post here? Go post in emu forums and get some feedback there. Then go ahead and start this server of yours!