Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2019, 12:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
who else glad to see measles, tuberculosis and motherfucking scabies making a comeback in the US?
blame white suburban moms for being anti-vaxx
Old 01-28-2019, 12:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nostalgiaquest [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why are you so intent on wasting taxpayer money when it could be spent on much more effective border security?
Such as?
Last edited by Mblake1981; 01-28-2019 at 12:31 PM..
Old 01-28-2019, 12:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
white suburban moms blame autism on vaxx not big maxx

malnurattrition the # leading cause of retardation in this country
Old 01-28-2019, 12:26 PM
Banned

wall would decrease incidence of measals as well probably
Old 01-28-2019, 12:27 PM
Banned

and ya'll need to get real autism isn't a right, or privilege no one should have to pay for your fucking brain being malfunctional
Old 01-28-2019, 12:28 PM
Banned

been 2005 since military vax so still good for 3 more years ish, tho i wouldn't trust it.

did get some good vaxxes at VA, but probably not measals, forgot which ones, a few good ones tho
Old 01-28-2019, 12:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/nbcblk/...debate-n301646
Old 01-28-2019, 11:26 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaringChildren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You link random opinion pieces from addiction centers...lol

You actually trust Mexican cartels to tell you the truth more than logic and common sense.

The cartel does not want to see the wall built.

Can they get around it? Sure, eventually. But that's why you continue to evolve your security.

The cartels aren't the only ones who try to cross the border. They're not the only issue.

Again, just because hackers might eventually figure out a way to get into your computer, doesn't mean you should just give up and not secure your computer.

Antivirus will keep out the majority, and you keep it updated.
Im making an attempt to avoid posting articles from cnn, wapo, and the likes so you can't just attack the source. So how about this - a published DEA report, funded by Trump's own government.

https://www.dea.gov/sites/default/fi...resolution.pdf

Every single drug referenced in this report states that the majority are coming through ports of entry. Are the DEA wrong too?

But to your point about not being able to count what we can't see. If that's the case then how can you say that a wall will stop anything? I mean, if we don't know drug amounts coming across between POE's, how can we estimate the effectiveness of a wall?

The cartels don't want the wall to be built? What makes you say that? I personally think they don't give a shit about it either way. I bet they're laughing their asses off at us.

So, common sense says that it's easier to walk drugs across the border a few pounds at a time (see the DEA article) than it is to move tons in produce shipments and in hidden vehicle departments? Are you high? Shit man, they're literally building submersible vehicles that can move 60 tons at a time. That's 120000 pounds. How many people would it take to walk that across the desert? Can they get around it? Yes and they already are doing just that.

We have a known trafficker facing life in prison who has said "this is literally how we traffic drugs", and you're response is "nuh uh bro". Common sense? Sheeeeyit.

And the antivirus analogy again. Still weak. If you don't want a wall then you're obviously against border security right? <insert trump "wrong" meme here> Why not focus the antivirus efforts on where it is well documented that the problems are?

Here's another fun point. Trump tweeted that the wall will be finished in 2 years. In what reality is that possible? We're talking about the US government here. Realistically I'd be surprised if they've even started construction in two years. Government contracts are a nightmare.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/01/24/expe...he-claims.html

And before you say that we've already started construction on the wall; No, we haven't.

https://www.npr.org/2018/12/11/67589...-we-build-more

Here's where i think we can agree. Are their places on the southern border where a physical barrier will help prevent drug tracking? Yes, absolutely. But that's not what Trump is asking for. He wants "The Wall". 2000 miles, no wait 1000 miles. concrete, no wait, beautiful steel slats, no wait, a smart wall, no wait, I've always meant a concrete wall!

Look, if he came out and said "hey guys, we've done some research and here are some particular spots that we believe a physical barrier would be effective. I've consulted with experts in both border security and construction and here is the priority in which I propose we start building or reinforcing our infrastructure." then perhaps we could have some positive discussion. But no, it's "BUILD A WALL AND CRIME WILL FALL!!". Do you see the difference? In what world is that how you sell a product or idea? It's like he's not even trying. It's like....maybe he's trying to distract us from all of all the Mueller fun? Hmmmmmmmmmm.

Lol, can you imagine if he went on Shark Tank? You said Mexico was going to pay for the wall, and that's an obvious lie. So for that reason, I'm out.

Sorry the facts still don't support your narrative.
Old 01-28-2019, 11:29 PM
Banned

Do you have a vested interest in their not being one?

Edit: Also may I ask what part of the states you are from please? thank you. I am also curious what you would spend the money on that would equal better security at the border, appreciate your time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nostalgiaquest [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I bet they're laughing their asses off at us.
No concern, have a good time.
Last edited by Mblake81; 01-28-2019 at 11:42 PM..
Old 01-29-2019, 12:01 AM
Fire Giant

Wink

Quote:
they're literally building submersible vehicles that can move 60 tons at a time. That's 120000 pounds.
Oopsies, correction. The submersible was 6 tons, 12000. My bads. Doesn't seem to want to let me edit it. Point still stands though [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread