Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 08-21-2023, 02:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloomlord [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You didn't answer his question.

What are you doing that other people aren't to attract such mockery and disdain, DSM?

You know the answer to this question...
My actions do not force you to troll. You troll on your own free will.

If you think I am incorrect, use logic, reason, and evidence. Trolling someone is not a valid method to prove they are wrong.
Old 08-21-2023, 02:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Trolling someone is not a valid method to prove they are wrong.
Sure it is, this is the internet.
Old 08-21-2023, 02:17 PM
Planar Protector

DSM is Ben Shapiro
Old 08-21-2023, 02:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Trolling someone is not a valid method to prove they are wrong.
It is, however, a valid method of dealing with someone who has already been proven wrong but never stops posting. This song and dance has played out in dozens of threads on these forums. I’ve personally participated in maybe a half dozen of those threads. DSM cognitive meltdown threads. It’s always the same thing every time. Doesn’t matter the topic. It’s extra delicious when the conversation involves shamans, shadowknights, and/or regen vs FSI.

You were at like 1500 posts before the “best 4 person all caster group” thread that started last summer. Look at you now!

Keep on keepin’n on sugar-bear. You do you.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 08-21-2023, 02:27 PM
Sarnak

jesus fucking christ i can't even read this shit out of sick curiosity anymore, it's too stupid
Old 08-21-2023, 02:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It is, however, a valid method of dealing with someone who has already been proven wrong but never stops posting. This song and dance has played out in dozens of threads on these forums. I’ve personally participated in maybe a half dozen of those threads. DSM cognitive meltdown threads. It’s always the same thing every time. Doesn’t matter the topic. It’s extra delicious when the conversation involves shamans, shadowknights, and/or regen vs FSI.

You were at like 1500 posts before the “best 4 person all caster group” thread that started last summer. Look at you now!

Keep on keepin’n on sugar-bear. You do you.
You haven't proven anything other than you are a troll. Thank you for continuing to discredit yourself. It makes it easier for people to find the trolls.
Old 08-21-2023, 02:33 PM
Planar Protector

have you seen my stapler?
Old 08-21-2023, 02:40 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 08-21-2023, 03:51 PM
Fire Giant

We've said pretty much everything to him that can be said. A normal troll would have bowed out by now, but this is merely some psychosis he's going through at the moment.

I kind of want him to just leave the forums now. All he does is give stupid advice and call you a troll when you get fed up with him.
Old 08-21-2023, 03:58 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My issue is when people hold their anecdotal “evidence” too proudly. In all my EQ years I’ve only seen a few examples of what appears a professional statistician fixating on a video game and doing research. My own testing is useful (for me) but less reliable, I NEVER indicate it’s the law due to short sampling and less the perfect testing. I probably have 500+ Vindi parses currently in my logs. I can draw some conclusions but I haven’t confined variables and ran a parse on him for like 1,000 hours. My data curve is still wobbly.
By no means am I a professional statistician, but I have worked with plenty. High quality statistical testing requires, at a minimum:

An explicit mental model of the world, with all assumptions stated clearly. You need to be able to articulate your understanding of the world before you can know whether your results indicate an improvement of that understanding.

An explicit hypothesis. You need to know what you are looking for in your experiment. Ad-hoc exploratory data gathering can be useful in trying to formulate a hypthothesis, but that exploratory data will not be useful in determining whether a hypothesis is confirmed or rejected.

An experiment design. You need to know ahead of time what data you wish to gather, how to gather it, and when to stop the experiment. An example of a flawed experiment would be trying to show that a certain gear combo causes a certain DPS increase, and then stopping your parse as soon as you show that DPS increase.

Sanity-checking the resulting data to confirm your assumptions have been met. If not, then your understanding of the world is flawed and your data unusable. You need to first run a different experiment to find and fix the flaws in your assumptions.

Run a well-defined, repeatable analysis. You need to know ahead of time what metrics you wish to calculate. You should also do some sort of calculation of statistical confidence, whether frequentist or Bayesian.

Scientific integrity. You need to publish your results whether or not they support your hypothesis. If the results violate some of your assumptions, you cannot rely on the results of any data analysis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I once completed a successful high end group without my pants equipped on my warrior. This is a game and games are based on rules and math. My pants were not needed to successfully win these encounters.

I therefore assert that pants are not needed and thus do not need to be worn.

Time for us all to play commando guys!
This is a lovely comment when combined with the image in your signature. Horseriding while commando, though, whew. I pity the saddle.