Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 08-21-2023, 12:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Then we won't have these thread bloating issues. Troxx and Gloomlord are two clear offenders you should be talking to first if you actually cared. Right now you are being hypocritical at best, and a troll at worst.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

DSM accusing others of bloating threads.

Total posts in this thread: 390
Tota DSM posts: 144
Total Troxx posts: 16 (including this one)
Total Gloomlord posts: 35
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 08-21-2023, 12:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
DSM accusing others of bloating threads.

Total posts in this thread: 390
Tota DSM posts: 144
Total Troxx posts: 16 (including this one)
Total Gloomlord posts: 35
You need to aggregate the top posters who have been replying to me, and you will see it evens out. I am averaging one response per message directed at me. There are simply multiple posters talking to me at once.

As usual, your attempts at trolling are really bad, because they can be disproven in two seconds.

Let's do the basic math together.

If 5 people reply to one user 20 times each, and the user in question replies to each, the single user has 100 posts the other 5 people have 20 each. 5 x 20 = 100.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 08-21-2023 at 12:53 PM..
Old 08-21-2023, 12:53 PM
Planar Protector

DSM post: 145
Troxx posts: 17

Dude it’s the same in every one of these threads. Your asinine posts/reposts and arguments usually make up close to half (or more) of the total posts in the thread. If you find yourself making up this high a percentage of thread posts and are only posting replies to individual posters … it’s because you’re arguing with anyone who disagrees with you.

And “anyone” in this sense is generally “everyone else” … because nobody ever agrees with you.

Let that sink in.

Last edited by Troxx; 08-21-2023 at 12:56 PM..
Old 08-21-2023, 12:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
DSM post: 145
Troxx posts: 17

You make proving you are a troll too easy.

If you want to become Chortles, at least try to be entertaining. You have the worst of both worlds right now.

People can't tell when you aren't trolling, and you aren't funny when you try to be funny. You aren't credible, and you aren't entertaining.

Quote:
Dude it’s the same in every one of these threads. Your asinine posts/reposts and arguments usually make up close to half (or more) of the total posts in the thread. If you find yourself making up this high a percentage of thread posts and are only posting replies to individual posters … it’s because you’re arguing with anyone who disagrees with you.
There is nothing wrong with having discussions with multiple users. I am not forcing multiple people to talk to me simultaneously. If you don't like talking on a forum, why are you here? That is the point of a forum. To have discussions.

You are using skewed metrics as well. When multiple trolls disagree with someone, that is not "everone disagrees with you" lol. Even Croco admits a lot of people are trolling here.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 08-21-2023 at 12:59 PM..
Old 08-21-2023, 12:59 PM
Planar Protector

Pretty sure I was just providing “factual evidence” and “incontrovertible proof” that there’s only one person bloating these threads ...

It’s you sugar-bear

Old 08-21-2023, 01:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Pretty sure I was just providing “factual evidence” and “incontrovertible proof” that there’s only one person bloating these threads … and it isn’t the people you have designated to be trolls.

It’s you sugar-bear
If you think I am wrong, prove it. You simply keep showing people that you cannot back up your points with evidence, and have to resort to trolling and fallacies to appear victorious. It's sad to be honest.
Old 08-21-2023, 01:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thank you for posting in a cordial manner. Please do not read this in a sarcastic way. I am being genuine.

I understand the logic, and it makes sense. I was not trying to say that your theory is off base to the point it is not worth discussing. When I am getting attacked by multiple posters simultaneously, forgive me if I lose a little bit of patience at times.

The reason why I am skeptical about the APM argument is because when you are fighting mobs with Torpor, you are not always able to cannibalize. This is because mobs like WW Dragons can produce damage spikes via multiple high rolled double attacks.

To stay alive in a fight like Ionat, you need to know when to cannibalize, and when to let Torpor recover your HP. You also need to fit in the other spells you need to cast into your rotation.

I have fought 4+ and 6+ Dragons with and without Regrowth. I know I had Regrowth on in the video I provided, but you will just have to take my word that I don't always use it. I have killed a lot more WW Dragons unrecorded than recorded.

I haven't noticed a difference in my APM with and without Regrowth when fighting mobs with Torpor. I have been playing a Shaman for years too. This is why I caution against claiming that you will get a noticeable APM benefit. I am not saying you are getting nothing, but if it ends up being 1 APM, most people are probably not going to rush out and buy a Fungi to get that. Based on my observation that most Torpor Shamans are not wearing Fungi on a regular basis, I am confident that other people understand this, even if it is at a subconscious level. Torpor Shamans wouldn't get Vindi BPs to replace Fungis.

That is why we need to clarify at least a rough estimate of how much APM you will get back, so people can make the decision themselves, instead of making a guess as to what you meant by "It improves APM". I posted the https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPxeOVuX0G8 Ionat video because you can actually go through it and check to see if there was a certain point in the fight where extra regen from a Fungi would have allowed me to cannibalize, or do something else. You can get a rough APM improvement number from that, and we can discuss it.
The fact that mobs like WW Dragons can produce damage spikes via multiple high rolled double attacks seems to further support the case for regen. 42/tick makes torpor do 342/tick. This just made it 14% better and there is a chance it could save your life depending on the damage spike. Again though, I can't prove this, so I won't try it argue it will save your life. But it always working for you while Torpor isn't always, or when you have to cast canni and can't torpor, it is still working for you. Torpor could also get dispelled, while racial regen + fungi cannot, and regrowth can be instantly refreshed with the fungi staff.

As far as the APM advantage by stacking regen, it is hard to calculate this exactly, but I can throw out some numbers.

Say you're in a sustained dungeon crawl group and have slowed 4 mobs. This costs you 1000 mana(250 turgur * 4). For the sake of this discussion let's say Torpor heals 1350 health, because we don't know on average how often you will get the 5th tick. In order to recover 1000 mana, you would need to cast canni 4 12.20 times(1000 / 82 = 12.20). This equates to 1,806 damage taken. Torpor heals for 1350 on average, but it does have an opportunity cost. You need to canni 3 times to make up the mana cost of Torpor. In the process you would take 444 damage also. So in the end, Torpor on average nets you about 906 hp when you factor in it's opportunity cost(cost of mana & canni damage(1350 - 444) = 906. In order to make up the 1,806 health cost from the 12.20 canni's initially, you would need to cast Torpor twice and canni 6 times, to get roughly 1812 hp back. So that's 8 actions. This would also take about 35 seconds(30 seconds + 5 second buffer assuming you have a few fizzles and that you aren't hitting your global reset timers perfectly). Let's assume in an extended session you are dropping a slow around once a minute. so that is 8 actions to make up for 4 slows once a minute resulting in a total of 2 APM saved. That value add of that APM savings can vary based on how many actions you are doing per minute, so I'm not going to come to a conclusion about how much % you would save in APM. It could be a 20% savings, 10%, 5%, etc. You also get back roughly 8.75 seconds/minute to do other things with those 8 actions, and 42/tick in regen can nearly offset the 1 slow per minute for free.

So in conclusion I am hypothesizing that 42/tick in regen(racial + fungi + regrowth) at 60 can save around 2 APM, while also freeing up about 8.75 seconds/minute to do other things with that time(or nothing if you wish). I am not going to sit here and say these numbers are 100% accurate, but I think it gives a rough estimate of the potential APM savings of adding in as much regen as you can. It also makes Torpor 14% stronger which can potentially help with damage spikes to save your life.
Last edited by Crede; 08-21-2023 at 01:14 PM..
Old 08-21-2023, 01:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In my opinion the trolls are just the symptom.
This is the core issue. I am not forcing people to troll. They do it on their own accord.

You are blaming people who get trolled, and telling them to try and appease the trolls so they stop.

This is very bad advise. It doesn't work. The trolls will troll no matter what. They are doing it on their own free will.

If you actually want to help the forums, fight the trolls. They will just take more and more if you give into them.

If you give a mouse a cookie...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'll Reply to Crede when I get some more time. Thanks again for replying in a cordial manner! I really do appreciate it.
Old 08-21-2023, 01:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not blaming you. Again with the rigid binary thought process. If you want to say it's bad advice that's fine. I'm willing to accept that criticism. But ask yourself why do the trolls come after you so often and not others? You seem to get trolled and insulted a LOT more than other people. What are you doing that they aren't? What are they doing that you're not?

Mice and cookies, that's funny, imo you are the one giving the mice the cookies.
It is a question of priorities. The bigger problem is the trolls who attack people on these forums, not the people being attacked. If you do care about the forums health, fight the trolls first. Do not give in to them.

Constantly asking me to reform myself and simply ignoring the more obvious problem is the issue. You are actually fueling the trolls by continuing to single me out, while giving them a pass. Just take a look at your signature.

I do not have a rigid binary thought process. You have been trolling me by your own admission in the past. I do not trust you to be sincere right now. This is what happens when you destroy your credibility via trolling. You can build back this trust, but it will not happen instantaneously. Making assumptions about my thought process is not a good start.
Old 08-21-2023, 02:05 PM
Fire Giant

You didn't answer his question.

What are you doing that other people aren't to attract such mockery and disdain, DSM?

You know the answer to this question...