Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Old 01-25-2024, 07:25 PM
Large Rat

Jesus 36 pages… What happened!?
Old 01-25-2024, 07:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by MossyG [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Trolls unfortunately. Posters like Troxx make a habit of bloating threads with silly gifs, insults, fake medical diagnoses, false information, and off topic posts. I try to get them to stop, but nobody else seems interested in helping call out the trolls. Other trolls like to pile on too.
Old 01-25-2024, 08:12 PM
Planar Protector

DSM posts 145
Troxx: 59 (as of now)

I probably the 2nd most posts and you have nearly 3x that
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 01-25-2024, 08:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
DSM posts 145
Troxx: 59 (as of now)

I probably the 2nd most posts and you have nearly 3x that
Multiple posters are responding to me. This argument makes no sense. I am not triple posting against a single post, and this is trivial to prove. If 10 people respond to a single poster, that single poster will have more posts if they reply to multiple people. It's basic math. The response posts are simply distributed across different posters.

You have many troll posts in this thread alone, regardless of your total post count. There is no excuse. You are causing thread bloat, as are other trolls who pile on.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 01-25-2024 at 08:44 PM..
Old 01-25-2024, 08:42 PM
Planar Protector

At the end of the day I guess I should be thankful that in this thread we are actually discussing something more interesting and more relevant. Here we are discussing 2 racial abilities that both have actual value to a class.

Much better than discussing:

-Whether a shaman can dps anywhere close to a mage (they can't)
-Whether 150 str is enough for a monk/sk and beyond doesn't matter (it isn't enough for a monk and it does matter vs dumping points into int on a sk that is limited by mana regeneration, not mana pool)
-Whether a tank should smash taunt obsessively every time its up (they shouldn't)

And all the other silly shit we've debated in DSM threads.

This thread is actually relevant and there are legitimate points to be had on both sides (though disagreement exists on the relative value of each).

Perhaps the best DSM thread so far?
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 01-25-2024, 08:50 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by MossyG [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The original question was fully answered in the first two responses, with no disagreements. In the absence of anything else to do, the p99 forums turned to their favorite pastime, which is yelling at each other fruitlessly over old grudges. You will find no futher information relevant to your question in the preceding 36 pages, but if you have some downtime while leveling your SK, you may find some enjoyment in reading all the yelling, if you enjoy that sort of thing.

Enjoy your Iksar shaman!
Old 01-25-2024, 09:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This thread is actually relevant and there are legitimate points to be had on both sides (though disagreement exists on the relative value of each).
Agreed! Troxx did have a few serious posts in this thread, so I do appreciate that. Thank you!

I cannot let you get away with quickly posting nonsense in an attempt to discredit other posters, however.

Quote:
-Whether a shaman can dps anywhere close to a mage (they can't)
-Whether 150 str is enough for a monk/sk and beyond doesn't matter (it isn't enough for a monk and it does matter vs dumping points into int on a sk that is limited by mana regeneration, not mana pool)
-Whether a tank should smash taunt obsessively every time its up (they shouldn't)
These are all strawmen perpetuated by trolls when they cannot win debates. They are distortions of my arguments, and this is trivial to prove with the post history.

Unfortunately Troxx often times uses strawmen in an attempt to discredit other posters when he cannot win a debate legitimately.

My accusations of Troxx trolling/bloating threads has factual merit. I can reference examples from this very thread:

If Troxx wants to stop trolling and posting strawmen about other posters, I would be happy to stop calling him a troll. Everybody deserves a second chance.
Old 01-25-2024, 09:29 PM
Sarnak

Did you delete your post and then repost it to avoid the little "last edited" message at the bottom?
Old 01-25-2024, 09:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcbrown [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Did you delete your post and then repost it to avoid the little "last edited" message at the bottom?
No. Your assumption about why I did it is quite telling though. I am not sure why you are spending your time making posts like this. It just provides more evidence you are simply here to troll and bloat the thread. I have no problem with having proper discussions with you when you choose not to troll. Changing your signature to reference a debate you were frustrated over is not a very good way to try and pretend not to be biased.
Old 01-25-2024, 09:37 PM
Sarnak

Must be a weird glitch in the bulletin software then...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot 2024-01-25 at 5.35.55 PM.jpg (19.9 KB, 6 views)