Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2023, 09:57 PM
Banned

I’m with Daily Wire on that one

Crowder didn’t like the fact his contract had a “you have to be making money for us to pay you money” clause, because he is always worried (as anyone should be) about randomly being deplatformed from YouTube for having the wrong political opinions

So he tape records an entire phone call with a friend, leaks it, and tries to make daily wire as in bed with big tech even though they battle big tech and try to take their customers every chance they get

I still like crowder but can’t be on his side on that issue
Old 01-23-2023, 10:12 PM
Planar Protector

hey makes a good point that they're all shilling for $ and nothing else tho

himself included

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-23-2023, 10:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When I think fake news Beanie Boy is near the top of the list, maybe that Viet guy who fled to the U.K. after he got a milkshake thrown at him.
It sounds like you just hate whomever is successful
Old 01-23-2023, 10:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobaber [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
hey makes a good point that they're all shilling for $ and nothing else tho

himself included

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well Daily Wire’s stance seems to be if you get yourself deplatformed from YouTube and that’s like more than 50% of the income you make for us, we can’t just pay you for not making any money

Seems reasonable to me. “We can’t pay you for not making any money” =/= “You better be Big Tech’s little bitch and not get banned”…

…but I guess I can sorta see how it would seem that way to Crowder
Old 01-23-2023, 10:26 PM
Banned

I'm sure Crowder has some kind of beef, which is why he did this. I don't 100% buy his reason.

But I still appreciate this info came out, even if it damages some people.

It reminds me of what Lauren Southern came out with last year?
Old 01-23-2023, 10:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well Daily Wire’s stance seems to be if you get yourself deplatformed from YouTube and that’s like more than 50% of the income you make for us, we can’t just pay you for not making any money

Seems reasonable to me. “We can’t pay you for not making any money” =/= “You better be Big Tech’s little bitch and not get banned”…

…but I guess I can sorta see how it would seem that way to Crowder
I totally get it, but I also see the argument when 90% of your content is bitching about being deplatformed and speaking on things that specifically get you deplatformed.
Old 01-23-2023, 10:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobaber [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I totally get it, but I also see the argument when 90% of your content is bitching about being deplatformed and speaking on things that specifically get you deplatformed.
Oh yea, or the fact that they change their rules on a whim, can ban you for things they don’t even have a rule for, and you have no real way to effectively appeal

Big Tech should have never gotten as powerful as they have but now we all have to be their bitch “Or gO StArT YoUr OwN PlAtFoRm”. Must be nice to have the same political opinions as them, and higher education, and Hollywood, etc
Old 01-23-2023, 10:33 PM
Planar Protector

I really have no eyes on their argument, i watcha bit of it but I just cant stand listening to them so intstead watching wagner propaganda, but there should def be protections for people getting deplatformed, if you're going to sit there and encourage them to talk about shit that will get them deplatformed.

Im sure there is but if not, its like, put it in there steven, it's called negotiating.

Or hell start a pod casters union or something.

But crying? There's no crying in conservativeism.

It's ironic because its simmilar to what Ye is bitching about (only more contractual and less like, vast conspiracy laden)

Im honestly suprised the music industry hasnt solved this issue? Isnt this like the same issue they have had since the beginning of the record industry?
Old 01-23-2023, 10:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Must be nice to have the same political opinions as them, and higher education, and Hollywood, etc
Stinkin' libs refuse to vote for a guy who regularly flew on Epstein's underage sex plane.
Old 01-23-2023, 10:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Stinkin' libs refuse to vote for a guy who regularly flew on Epstein's underage sex plane.
When I say same political opinions, I don’t mean which politician you voted for

I mean how you feel about each individual issue. Dems, including just about every single one here, are so incredibly hive mind tribalistic they won’t even admit things they don’t like about Dems or things that conservatives are for that they almost might be for, like the 2nd amendment (for some). Millions of Dems have to be literal closeted gun owners because they are too scared about going against their precious hive mind
Closed Thread