Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 08-23-2022, 04:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You require the Cleric to constantly spend mana healing you in order to theoretically be able to canni that much, or you would need to spend your own time and mana on Torpor, which inherently is slowing you down and means that's not your actual mana regen rate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjZxMlJSCDc Nope, I can regenerate that myself with just Torpor[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Even if you theoretically had enough mana, that can still be too slow. Go to Kael plate cycle. It's an infinite number of MOBs to kill. Being able to DoT every 40 seconds isn't good enough.

But even beyond that, your numbers are STILL very wrong. Your DPS only starts working after spells actually land, and the DoT's need to fully tick (which they frequently don't, as the target dies before the next tick comes). Here is what the numbers actually look like in a group scenario like this:

Spend 5 seconds casting Bane --> 150 damage and will hit 3 ticks = 792 damage
7 seconds later E-bolt hits ---> 110 damage and will hit 2 ticks = 402 damage

That is only 30 DPS. This also assumes you never get resisted, which won't be the case. In actuality the DPS is much lower.

I will help you out though: using E-bolt is pointless, "Blast of Poison" is going to be better instead, as it costs much less mana. You can do a Bane + Blast cycle more frequently (every 30 seconds), and let's say this is sufficient to match the pace of the group. Assuming 70% effectiveness of your spells because of resists, that means the actual realistic DPS is 28. If the Cleric has the mana to always heal you.
You can't math. Let's say a mob dies in 30 seconds.

You Bane first. That is 150 + 214 x 4 ticks = 1006
You E-Bolt second. That is 110 + 146 x 3 ticks = 548

1548 / 30 = 50 DPS lol. Obviously cast times effect DPS a little bit on a per mob basis. The same is true when a Mage is nuke spamming mobs. They could also land the nuke while the mob is at low life and lose DPS that way. They could also use /pet attack late.

The reason why we use average DPS is because not all mobs are going to die in exactly 30 seconds. Sometimes your DPS will be higher, sometimes it will be lower.

Resists can occur on a Mage too, so they are losing DPS as well lol.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 08-23-2022 at 04:21 PM..
Old 08-23-2022, 04:18 PM
Planar Protector

No, you don't do that on your own with Torpor. Once again, you do not have the TIME to perma sit there spamming Torpor + Canni. You have to actually cast your damage spells if you want to do DPS. You need the Cleric to heal you if you want to do theoretical maximum DPS.

Interesting how you ignored the other part of the post too, detailing how Shaman spell DPS in this group is actually only going to be about 28.
Old 08-23-2022, 04:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
but Troxx at one point was claiming 175 DPS on his Mage, which is obviously him nuke spamming. Shamans can also deal a lot of damage in a less sustainable way hehe.
I really wish you would stop putting words in my mouth. I actually said that before the nerf I would average 100-120 dps with lows as low as 80ish and burns as high as 200+.

From parses linked last night (post nerf) I said my highest burn (not sure if I even included it) was 175dps and lowest was 72. Average of averages floated soundly right around 100-105 post nerf and with an unfocused water pet. Averages of averages did not capture dmg shield at all which was kept up on the tank 100% of the time.

Quit being disingenuous and quit quoting average dps of 80 from your retarded napkin math exercises. It wasn’t 80, it was considerably higher.

Disingenuous much?
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 08-23-2022, 04:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I really wish you would stop putting words in my mouth. I actually said that before the nerf I would average 100-120 dps with lows as low as 80ish and burns as high as 200+.

From parses linked last night (post nerf) I said my highest burn (not sure if I even included it) was 175dps and lowest was 72. Average of averages floated soundly right around 100-105 post nerf and with an unfocused water pet. Averages of averages did not capture dmg shield at all which was kept up on the tank 100% of the time.

Quit being disingenuous and quit quoting average dps of 80 from your retarded napkin math exercises. It wasn’t 80, it was considerably higher.

Disingenuous much?
No, you're the one putting words in my mouth[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] You indeed claim 175 DPS. I didn't say you claimed it as an average.

You were using 175 DPS at the high end, and I haven't said otherwise. But if we want to get into the "What is the max damage you can do" territory, a Shaman can hit 175 too.
Old 08-23-2022, 04:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
No, you don't do that on your own with Torpor. Once again, you do not have the TIME to perma sit there spamming Torpor + Canni. You have to actually cast your damage spells if you want to do DPS. You need the Cleric to heal you if you want to do theoretical maximum DPS.

Interesting how you ignored the other part of the post too, detailing how Shaman spell DPS in this group is actually only going to be about 28.
You missed the edit. Your math is just wrong, both on Torpor and DPS lol.

Quote:
You can't math. Let's say a mob dies in 30 seconds.

You Bane first. That is 150 + 214 x 4 ticks = 1006
You E-Bolt second. That is 110 + 146 x 3 ticks = 548

1548 / 30 = 50 DPS lol. Obviously cast times effect DPS a little bit on a per mob basis. The same is true when a Mage is nuke spamming mobs. They could also land the nuke while the mob is at low life and lose DPS that way. They could also use /pet attack late.

The reason why we use average DPS is because not all mobs are going to die in exactly 30 seconds. Sometimes your DPS will be higher, sometimes it will be lower.

Resists can occur on a Mage too, so they are losing DPS as well lol.
Your Blast of Poison idea is silly too. You would deal 800 damage for 400 mana, but you have double the resist chance because you are casting the spell twice. Conversely, if you want to hit 800 damage in the same 30 seconds, you would Bane, then E-Bolt, then use a single JBB cast. That would be 1006 + 548 + 263 = 1817, which is the same damage but you are spending 55 less mana. DPS would be 1817 / 30 = 60 DPS.

Blast of poison would start getting good if you are killing mobs really fast, but at that point why would you need a Mage if your Enchanters are killing mobs in like 10 seconds lol?
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 08-23-2022 at 04:34 PM..
Old 08-23-2022, 04:38 PM
Planar Protector

tee hee
Old 08-23-2022, 04:44 PM
Planar Protector

Why would I use Blast of Poison and not Ice Strike if I wanted to blast something as a shaman? Blast is a mediocre mid-level spell, am I missing something?
Old 08-23-2022, 04:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why would I use Blast of Poison and not Ice Strike if I wanted to blast something as a shaman? It's a mediocre mid-level spell, am I missing something?
Z is just being silly. He can't even math right.

My guess is he is using Blast of Poison due to it's lower cast time. If you were killing mobs every 8 seconds or so it's not a bad choice because Ice Strike's cast time is 7 seconds vs. Blast of Poison's 4.5 second cast time. Ice Strike would be harder to land with such a short window.
Old 08-23-2022, 05:35 PM
Planar Protector

We should test, and stream this live.

I can play my enc, DSM can play his shaman, Troxx can play his cleric, and we just need a focused mage/epic mage

Do a seb grind for a few hours with parses/logs running the whole time.

Name a time/place and I'll be there.

Edit: Add in a second enc as well, since we pretty much assumed we had at minimum 2 enc at all times here.
Last edited by Crede; 08-23-2022 at 05:46 PM..
Old 08-23-2022, 05:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We should test, and stream this live.

I can play my enc, DSM can play his shaman, Troxx can play his cleric, and we just need a focused mage/epic mage

Do a seb grind for a few hours with parses/logs running the whole time.

Name a time/place and I'll be there.
Yeah that would be fun! It would need to be on a weekend. Troxx could be on his Mage if we can't find another.