Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 09-22-2023, 09:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Planescape: Torment is the game you're most looking for Botten.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/4...anced_Edition/
I was excited for a sec. I read that as Planeshift. Indie italian mmo thats been in development for years. I thought wow finally charging for it and on steam.
Anywho, its good but different.

http://www.planeshift.it/
Old 09-23-2023, 09:27 AM
Planar Protector

I really love the crisp unreal textures and lighting. Reminds me of my childhood.
Old 09-24-2023, 12:14 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Good hot take )

Lilith is embodied more in pagan (not Christianity). She's an evil spirit and devil tho. People do worship her in the modern age and I've seen Lilith strate up plugged in modern corporate symbolism.

She's the main reason the "evil eye" exists as far as I can remember. Likes to steal and corrupt children. Most of all. To watch over and protect people from her. 🧿 <--- supposed to be good and protection from her.

Superstition. Not so Christian... I stopped learning about it all because it's really a distraction from all we need to know.
saw that blue target quite a bit scouring teen insta posts monitoring my kids. i heard an idea that we are more willing to accept there are dark forces than we are that there are ways to combat them. to believe more in the demon than in the talisman of protection.

i grew up catholic, catholic school. allowed to opt out after confirmation. they never liked me, though i liked them. i love god and with that comes a great amount of peace.
Old 09-24-2023, 03:13 PM
Planar Protector

I have them hanging everywhere.

Talismans and superstition is really bad when we rely only on them and go to them instead of G-d.

We should not rely on a talisman or magic or witchcraft to ward off evil. This one 🧿 isn't so bad though. Or this one 🙈.

Or 🙉🙊.

G-d knows I'm terrible.

🙈🙉🙊 is really no different than Bhudda's first principles.

I value Christianity because it distills spiritual teach down to some simple I and many others can relate to without having to guess about superstitions or be mislead in some ritual with an actual demon taking interest. The taboo against superstition is there to keep us on the right path.