Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements > Polls

View Poll Results: Do you believe ooc and auction should be returned to zone-only?
YES! I want ooc/auction to be per zone only. 383 52.39%
NO! I want ooc/auction to remain global wide. 348 47.61%
Voters: 731. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 08:53 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jilena [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't think that will matter. I think it will encourage more people to box though! lol

/LFG is not classic.

Also I think "classic classic" i.e. when the game came out, is spellbook to 50 no? Of course I understand this is due to client limitations : P
ya, i wouldnt' mind seeing /lfg removed at all, cuz it wasn't in pre-luclin eq that I recall, and too bad they can't force the client UI would be awesome imho.
Old 05-19-2010, 08:59 PM
Large Rat

Voted "YES! I want ooc/auction to be per zone only" mainly because /ooc was scrolling so fast tonight most of the time, I couldn't read what was being said before it scrolled off my screen anyway.

Although, I would be in favor of implementing the ability to create chat channels so there still would be global channels for those in favor of using them.
Old 05-19-2010, 09:04 PM
Kobold

Making global chat channels really defeats the purpose of removing global /ooc, as far as I see. Same thing, different name. People will still auction/lfg in there.
Old 05-19-2010, 09:13 PM
Large Rat

At least people could make a channel for lfg, a channel for auctions, a channel for political bull...., a channel for talking about why we have channels, and so on and so forth.

As it is, it's several hundred people all trying to talk at once about different topics. A lot of which, I could care less to hear about--people telling Obama/Bush jokes for instance (over and over). Many argue "well turn off /ooc" .. but I'd still like to see those people /lfg, people asking for ports, ect.

More examples of the use of ooc as of right this moment: the use of different fruits, weed, someone asking for help with light healing, something about israel/nazis/racism, someone being dumb about Jesus and Christopher Columbus, couple people lfg, animal crackers with chocolate frosting, something about project1999, mistmoore group lfm, ... get the point yet?

It's kinda useless as it is. Deciphering through all that sucks. I'd of like to have seen the guy looking for help with a spell (I'm sure he'd of liked an answer), and the people LFG/LFM.
Last edited by Cydex; 05-19-2010 at 09:20 PM..
Old 05-19-2010, 09:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zordana [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
thers only 2 things i hate about this UI (besides those id even use it)
there is only 1 chat window (hate dis! do not want only 1)
and the small view, i need 3rd person with a big overview.. well i dont need.. i want! )
You can make more chat windows. I have three.

Right-click on the name bar of your main chat, select "New Window"
Old 05-19-2010, 09:25 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrubwise [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can make more chat windows. I have three.

Right-click on the name bar of your main chat, select "New Window"
He was talking about the classic (circa 1999) UI.
Old 05-19-2010, 11:34 PM
Planar Protector

oh LFG IS classic ... just not with that stupid interface crap where you can add comments to your LFG and whatnot ... simple "/lfg" to toggel it on or off .. period
Old 05-20-2010, 12:11 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomapple [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As far as I'm concerned, spam has very little to do with my desire for the removal of global channels. Global channels shrinks the world and makes it altogether less interesting to run into other people while you are out and about. New players you meet become more interesting when they aren't just some voice you can hear whenever. Being in less traveled zones becomes more exciting when you are on your own without a crowd of people talking at you. Going to a big city has a more unique feel when it is a rare occasion to interact with many people. I dunno...global chat just makes eq less of the game I am so excited to be playing again.
Hate to agree with Otto - but this is definitely the case IMHO.
Old 05-20-2010, 01:08 AM
Banned

Anyone else find it extremely hard to swallow that approx. 80% of the active P99 players took the time to vote on this?

Shennanigans. Probably on both sides.
Old 05-20-2010, 01:47 AM
Kobold

I think you're thinking of peak population numbers which is just above 700. I'd guess the active player base is closing in on 2000 over all the time zones.
Closed Thread