Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 03:12 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by girth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You sure didn't act like you knew...

your knowledge of torv is not legit, no respect brew
much respect bro
Old 08-23-2010, 07:29 AM
Planar Protector

So basically, what I'm hearing is that the upper Islands in Sky are trivial in a similar fashion to the way the original CT, INNY, Naggy and Vox encounters were on the server.
Bummer...
Old 08-23-2010, 07:40 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by guineapig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So basically, what I'm hearing is that the upper Islands in Sky are trivial in a similar fashion to the way the original CT, INNY, Naggy and Vox encounters were on the server.
Bummer...
You heard wrong...just ask DA. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-23-2010, 07:52 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by girth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You heard wrong...just ask DA. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It is indeed possible that I did hear wrong.

I just assumed since you guys finished Renard's Belt of Quickness that something must be wrong with the plane. Pretty sure you need to be able to kill Bizazzt in order to finish that quest, and finishing island #6 should not be doable before the level cap increase. It was specifically designed NOT TO BE.
Last edited by guineapig; 08-23-2010 at 09:40 AM..
Old 08-23-2010, 08:41 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by guineapig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
finishing island #6 should not be doable before the level cap increase.
Old 08-23-2010, 12:16 PM
Aviak

Quote:
It is indeed possible that I did hear wrong.

I just assumed since you guys finished Renard's Belt of Quickness that something must be wrong with the plane. Pretty sure you need to be able to kill Bizazzt in order to finish that quest, and finishing island #6 should not be doable before the level cap increase. It was specifically designed NOT TO BE.
That's a bad example. Just because something was designed to not be killable doesn't mean it's not. Kerafym wasn't ever supposed to be killed yet he was, essentially twice for that matter. The original Rathe Council wasn't supposed to be killed and if FoH (I think it was FoH, might have been a different guild I can't particularly remember) had another day or two at it, it would have been.
Old 08-23-2010, 12:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagzan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's a bad example. Just because something was designed to not be killable doesn't mean it's not. Kerafym wasn't ever supposed to be killed yet he was, essentially twice for that matter. The original Rathe Council wasn't supposed to be killed and if FoH (I think it was FoH, might have been a different guild I can't particularly remember) had another day or two at it, it would have been.
To be fair, let's consider that back in 1999 I'm guessing there were at least one or two hardcore guilds on each server doing their best to try and conquer this zone. They had three entire months before Kunark to try and get this accomplished and during those three months, of all those guilds on all those servers, only one managed to get to Island 7. How long did it take you guys?
And this isn't about knowing strategies, that they might not have known about. This is about straight numbers.

I think it's a very good example of content not being on par with how it was on classic.
Old 08-23-2010, 12:26 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
To be fair, let's consider that back in 1999 I'm guessing there were at least one or two hardcore guilds on each server doing their best to try and conquer this zone. They had three entire months before Kunark to try and get this accomplished and during those three months, of all those guilds on all those servers, only one managed to get to Island 7. How long did it take you guys?
And this isn't about knowing strategies, that they might not have known about. This is about straight numbers.

I think it's a very good example of content not being on par with how it was on classic.

The strats and encounters are already known, this cuts down on a LOT of "ok how the fuck is this fight going to go" time. The encounters on this server SHOULD be done a shitload faster than original live EQ.
Old 08-23-2010, 01:42 PM
Aviak

Quote:

What Molitoth said. With the strategies being known as opposed to attempting to figure out one thing at a time per pull - keep in mind wipes take a long fucking time to recover from in original EQ and there are TONS of random non-obvious/intuitive things that happen in Sky that could (and do) lead to wipes - it takes a huge chunk out of the time needed to figure out an encounter. Also, after 11 years people have a much better grasp of what individual characters are capable of as well as access to things such as voice chat.

Those facts aside, the fact of the matter is that the only thing bugged to make anything easier is one mob on island 6 and whether you want to believe it or not, that bug really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things and even if it was working entirely as intended, it would still be dead right now given how the server currently works. Aside from bee island every other boss past 4 (spiroc lord, sister, eye) is bugged to be considerably harder than it was on live yet all these chucklefucks sit there and go "IB's farming bugged encounters [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]" when the only farming of any mob that's been done has been from an encounter that's actually significantly harder than it was on Live.
Old 08-23-2010, 01:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Kerafym wasn't ever supposed to be killed yet he was, essentially twice for that matter.
You realize that he wasn't killed till November of 2003, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molitoth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The strats and encounters are already known, this cuts down on a LOT of "ok how the fuck is this fight going to go" time. The encounters on this server SHOULD be done a shitload faster than original live EQ.
Quote:
It's about being able to do enough DPS to a mob so many levels higher than you (ie, melee hitting mobs for 10's . It's about the fact that most spells should be resisted by the mobs. It's about the mobs being able to kill players in 4 swipes and pets in 2. What strategy could your guild have possibly come up with that 30+ other guilds didn't.

If you honestly think that Sky should be finish-able before Kunark due to your "superior skill" then I don't know what to tell you.

I wish I could find the post where a dev even pointed out exactly how insanely hard the last couple islands are supposed to be but it's possible that it was in the rants section so I can't do a proper search for it. In any case they basically said, don't expect to be able to kill everything.
Last edited by guineapig; 08-23-2010 at 01:49 PM..
Closed Thread