Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2022, 03:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basanos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This forum should be closed if they aren't going to ban people who use hate speech and wish death upon people

Also because it's full of fascists
Yea I mean at this point it's pretty much Stormfront the symphony played in dog whistles.
Old 12-19-2022, 03:59 PM
Banned

People should be forced to visit Stormfront to see what actual extremism looks like
Old 12-19-2022, 04:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basanos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This forum should be closed if they aren't going to ban people who use hate speech and wish death upon people

Also because it's full of fascists
I've always wondered why older games like Everquest and Age of Empires 2 seem to attract a disproportionately right-leaning fanbase (aka trailer park fundies).
Planar Protector

Then again this place should be preserved as a historical site, a last vestige of the internet of old, before social media commercialized digital humor and communication. Conversations found on this board used to be so ubiquitous across the web they could even be found on places like the WoW forums, which had a strong OT scene for years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People should be forced to visit Stormfront to see what actual extremism looks like
It still exists? lol
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've always wondered why older games like Everquest and Age of Empires 2 seem to attract a disproportionately right-leaning fanbase (aka trailer park fundies).
Playerbase was overwhelmingly middle class white male, which demographically skews to the right. Also lots of said demographic who skipped college.
Old 12-19-2022, 04:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1.) It's free and those people are often broke
2.) It is full of nostalgia and conservatives live in the past
3.) All-volunteer staff for a semi-popular free game with lots of raiding drama will leave little time for moderating a forum
4.) Incels
Old 12-19-2022, 04:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Playerbase was overwhelmingly middle class white male, which demographically skews to the right. Also lots of said demographic who skipped college.
Starcraft was too and it's not nearly as bad, maybe just because the game has stayed more relevant and still has huge appeal in Asia.
Old 12-19-2022, 04:05 PM
Banned

"BAN EVERYONE I HATE AND DISAGREE WITH - BUT FOR HONORABLE REASONS, NOT BECAUSE I HATE THEM!"

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-19-2022, 04:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
1.) It's free and those people are often broke
2.) It is full of nostalgia and conservatives live in the past
3.) All-volunteer staff for a semi-popular free game with lots of raiding drama will leave little time for moderating a forum
4.) Incels
Says the guy writing on a EverQuest emu server forum...

How do you do, fellow Conservative incel
Old 12-19-2022, 04:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"BAN EVERYONE I HATE AND DISAGREE WITH - BUT FOR HONORABLE REASONS, NOT BECAUSE I HATE THEM!"
It's not the leftists of the board walking around swinging hard F's in 2022 muchacho
Closed Thread