Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 09-17-2022, 05:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I find it interesting you are trying so hard to talk up Druids simply because you cannot say anything good about Shamans.
Does it get under

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

?

As I have stated many times shamans are arguably tied for first as the single standalone best solo class in the game. Top 3 for standard groups. Top 2 for duos. Cleric/ench is best but cut out the enchanter and shaman can duo with pretty much anything to great effect. Sham + any melee (even rog let the sham tank. Sham plus any pet class. Heck even 2 shamans if you split the “extra” duties, rock 2 pets, stagger who casts what dots, etc.

Top tier for raids too.

They simply do not thrive in this theoretical group as well as others.

The fact that pointing this out irritates you so profusely is just the icing on the cake.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Last edited by Troxx; 09-17-2022 at 06:02 PM..
Old 09-17-2022, 06:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Does it get under

As I have stated many times shamans are arguably tied for first as the single standalone best solo class in the game. Top 3 for standard groups. Top 2 for duos. Top tier for raids too.

They simply do not thrive in this theoretical group as well as others.

The fact that pointing this out irritates you so profusely is just the icing on the cake.
I don't know why you think it bothers me, because nobody was seriously arguing for a druid until you got into the trolling phase where you care more about proving me wrong, rather than having a discussion.

I still find it amusing that Shamans are considered at the top of your list for everything except this thread. Interesting...
Old 09-17-2022, 06:04 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I find it interesting you are trying so hard to talk up Druids simply because you cannot say anything good about Shamans, for fear of me being right.
The above Quote is simply an example of you sharing your opinion of what is interesting, and you seemingly attempting - laughably - to make claims about what others or a particular/specific other can or cannot say, as if you have knowledge over what they can or cannot say and can therefore make objective claims such as that "they cannot say anything good about shamans, for fear of you being right" (which would also seem to imply that you believe you have knowledge of and cann therefore make objective claims about others' or a particular/specific other's fears).

Quote:
Any class can work fine as the fourth member, Druid and Wizard included. But it is amusing to see you struggle to try and come up with why a Druid would be superior in a general sense.
You have not provided the definition that you are using for "general", so I am not sure what point you think you are making or what fact you are refuting, or what meaning you are attempting to convey by stating "why a Druid would be superior in a general sense".

Quote:
You can get PoTG and ports from any outside Druid. Nobody has argued against people getting ports/buffs from people outside of the four man group (yet). I am sure that will probably happen now.
We are not here to "argue" - we are here to - civilly - discuss the "Best 4 person all caster/priest group" and, unfortunately for you: 4 =/= 4 + X pocket characters, which is a fact that has been previously stated to you multiple times by multiple posters.

Quote:
Snare isn't necessary. Enchanters solo perfectly fine using Charmed pets without it. When having two Enchanters and a Shaman Charm breaks are not an issue with the safety all three classes provide. I have never seen a group need snare for Charm safety.
The problem is that nobody has stated/claimed/implied that "snare is necessary", and you have simply apparently built a strawman that somebody has stated/claimed/implied such so that you can argue against that strawman. I am not sure why you have - seemingly - done that. Can you please explain for the sake of civil discussion?

Quote:
Druid charming is restricted to specific zones, so it is going to be less useful overall, and you still have the same problem of having 3x Charmed pets, which is riskier. Just pick a third Enchanter at that point since you can charm everywhere.
The above Quote is simply an example of you sharing your opinion of what is going to be "less useful overall"; which is simply your opinion (and which you have provided zero data/evidence or logic or math that supports such opinion nor explains why you hold/"argue" it).

Quote:
Alternatively, you could pick a Shaman to open up camps that charming classes have problems with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlsNoBan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just because you CAN do something doesn't mean you SHOULD do something and it CERTAINLY doesn't mean it's the "best" thing. Which is what this thread is about.
Last edited by cyxthryth; 09-17-2022 at 06:08 PM..
Old 09-17-2022, 06:08 PM
Fire Giant

There's a couple spots where ide rather the druid,and a couple where the shaman will do better.
The group of 4 could do gwurms with the shaman tanking,for instance.
I think in chardok I would prefer the druid.
Most seb camps I would take a necro.

Only one I would I would want the mage would be chardok Royals. Mage makes that camp much easier.
Old 09-17-2022, 06:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I don't know why you think it bothers me...
And how many posts have you wracked up in this thread alone. You seem to have OCD about always being right. You always have the last post. Anyone disagreeing with you or having the most recent post gets you

It’s why we’re nearly on page 340. It’s why we will eventually hit page 400 … and then 500. Cause you can’t resist it. You won’t stop. And I’m so fucking amused that I’ll keep prodding your angsty arse along.

In the meantime I recommend that those collectively following along cast your vote. In this theoretical group we are drafting and considering the full scope of 1-60 play. All camps. All zones. Creature comforts. Mobility. Usefulness not just farming Ixblatthefckzitsname. Which would you rather have.

Druid or shaman.

I’ll go first.

Old 09-17-2022, 06:09 PM
Planar Protector

Druid.

I’ll keep a tally.

(Really I would honestly vote necro then mage then enchanter then druid then shaman then wizard)

But for the very narrow scope of this vote … druid.
Mobility.
Evacs.
Snare.
Harmony.
Animal charm
More useful buffs at the high end.
Comparably bad dps if charming is not an option.
Equally useful other utility and backup emergency heals

Remember guys. DSM has already edumacated us that we are pst the DPS break point with 2 charm pets.

Last edited by Troxx; 09-17-2022 at 06:13 PM..
Old 09-17-2022, 06:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatChapp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's a couple spots where ide rather the druid,and a couple where the shaman will do better.
The group of 4 could do gwurms with the shaman tanking,for instance.
I think in chardok I would prefer the druid.
Most seb camps I would take a necro.

Only one I would I would want the mage would be chardok Royals. Mage makes that camp much easier.
Agreed. Different classes shine at specific camps. Thats why I say Enchanter/Mage/Shaman/Necro would be best. You open up all of camp options and still have enough healing and DPS.

To Troxx, you are the only one who is getting triggered. You had to double post to vote on your own poll lol.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 09-17-2022 at 06:15 PM..
Old 09-17-2022, 06:22 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Druid or shaman.
My vote would be Druid.

Quote:
Agreed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyxthryth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you were to attempt to utilize the fact that another particular/specific poster seemed to agree with you on one or more particular points to attempt to claim, state, or otherwise imply/reveal/betray/expose (intentionally or otherwise) that you believe that could, would, or did somehow strengthen your argument, that would simply be an example of you claiming your argument is strengthened due to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argumentum_ad_populum - like you previously (intentionally or otherwise) attempted to claim by attempting to claim/imply that it was relevant that you and OP both (apparently) believe that "OP's post was/is general", and that that somehow meant there are no goalposts and/or that you have not moved the goalposts, simply due to you (and OP) making and agreeing with that claim. You have - laughably - still not provided the meaning that you were attempting to convey by "general" (or what meaning you believed the OP was attempting to convey causing you to - seemingly - agree with them).
Old 09-17-2022, 06:33 PM
Planar Protector

Druid 2
Shaman 0

Get your votes in!

If DSM doesn’t cast an official vote I’ll presume shaman is his preference and happily cast his vote in absentia for him.

Old 09-17-2022, 06:38 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Druid 2
Shaman 0

Get your votes in!

If DSM doesn’t cast an official vote I’ll presume shaman is his preference and happily cast his vote in absentia for him.
Between those 2 for the group makeup in question I'm going druid for almost every situation. Less utility overlap. Just as much or more safety (heals, snare, root, harmony outdoors, evac). Similar dps without charms. Massively more dps if animals available for charm. Extra mana regen buff for an entirely caster group. It's absolutely a no brainer.

These statements are not up for debate amongst sane human beings
Why does <Vanquish> allow DSM to be a member?
Last edited by PlsNoBan; 09-17-2022 at 06:42 PM..