Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2015, 02:26 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by toolshed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
soooo Starting character that is going to be used for PvP - what class?

I haven't played in a while, and played mostly a warrior/priest on live. I know shadow priests are fun pvp, and warriors are great once you get some gear.

PvP class? Mage? Rogue? Druid?
druid is one of the if not the worst class in vanilla wow all around. don't roll druid

in other news [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] sergeant boizz
Old 03-12-2015, 03:15 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breeziyo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
druid is one of the if not the worst class in vanilla wow all around. don't roll druid
Really? Seems like a really fun and unique hybrid class. Can tank and heal better than a shaman, but worst burst dps. I also love the idea of being a one man team in WSG and carrying the flag; also defending a camp in AB.

Sure they have not the best burst dps, but druids seem to be a great support pvp class

also, 'nerf druids 1' - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EekNxwQ7izg

Leading the charge to bring back the classic feature /guildwar
Old 03-12-2015, 04:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by toolshed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Really? Seems like a really fun and unique hybrid class. Can tank and heal better than a shaman, but worst burst dps. I also love the idea of being a one man team in WSG and carrying the flag; also defending a camp in AB.

Sure they have not the best burst dps, but druids seem to be a great support pvp class

also, 'nerf druids 1' - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EekNxwQ7izg
If you're rolling a hybrid in the Kalgan era of WoW and thinking you're going to find viable and compelling non-healing specs, you're gonna have a bad time. One of my least favorite parts of vanilla wow. BC / early Wrath things get better, it's kinda the sweet spot between Kalgan class balance and full blown ability bloat/homogenization that comes in late wrath/cata and persists now in WoD
Old 03-13-2015, 02:57 AM
Kobold

swish did you ever find mankrik's wife?
Old 03-13-2015, 03:05 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Really? Seems like a really fun and unique hybrid class.
One thing I'm noticing about vanilla WoW is that the more interesting a class is, the less viable it is. EQ sorta had the same problem.

If you don't fall squarely into a role of DPS, Tank, or Healer you might as well reroll, unless you only want to do nothing but PVP.
Old 03-13-2015, 09:31 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrjun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
One thing I'm noticing about vanilla WoW is that the more interesting a class is, the less viable it is. EQ sorta had the same problem.

If you don't fall squarely into a role of DPS, Tank, or Healer you might as well reroll, unless you only want to do nothing but PVP.
The attitude towards hybrids in vanilla WoW from the dev team was pretty similar to the attitudes of the early EQ devs. Things got slightly better in TBC but hybrids still suffered a massive "hybrid tax" that would keep them behind pure DPS classes by 25-30% and with the smaller raid sizes that were introduced you would see almost no Hybrid DPS unless the spec brought something unique to the raid. WOTLK saw massive hybrid buffs but the DPS was still behind pure classes by 5-10%. It wasn't until Cata that almost all classes and specs were finally on a equal footing (barring bad class design).

PVP was the one place that hybrids could shine though as having more flexibility instead of being focused on one particular job could be a massive strength.
Old 03-13-2015, 01:12 PM
Planar Protector

Hit me up if you're alliance and need a guild invite. Bunch of us are formed up now. In game name is Stark.
Old 03-13-2015, 01:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrjun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Lol I must have killed Reiker 5 times in Hillsbrad the other week. That's what you get for going horde you fuck.
Old 03-13-2015, 01:15 PM
Planar Protector

Wait! This server doesn't have kungfu pandas? Nevermind then.
Old 03-13-2015, 03:44 PM
Sarnak

Made a druid since I am going to be focusing on PvP. Lvl 10 Tauren "Oryn" if anyone wants to group/pvp.

What guilds are you guys joining/forming?

Leading the charge to bring back the classic feature /guildwar
Closed Thread