Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 05-04-2022, 02:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_demonman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sadly they are. If you don't believe me look at the Guttmacher institute's study (Page 4, Table 2):
https://www.guttmacher.org/sites/def...ll/3711005.pdf
I’m not gonna lie to you man, I’m employed so I can’t read 9 pages from something called the Guttmacher Institute, but on page one:

“The research into U.S. women’s reasons for having abor- tions has been limited. In a 1985 study of 500 women in Kansas, unreadiness to parent was the reason most often given for having an abortion, followed by lack of financial resources and absence of a partner.”

I don’t equate those with convenience. However, I admit I only read page one so if you can tell me or show me which parts of that study, assuming it’s a reputable source, tells
Me about convenience I’m willing to change my mind. Unlike most of you, I’m a centrist fiscal conservative and have voted both ways. I welcome the information to change my mind
Old 05-04-2022, 02:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSparkle001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I lol’d
Old 05-04-2022, 02:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatordash [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-04-2022, 02:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSparkle001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How do you know an ideology/worldview is wrong/bad?

It is self-defeating.
Old 05-04-2022, 02:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle2.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How do you know an ideology/worldview is wrong/bad?

It is self-defeating.
Let us now consider climate change and capitalism in this light heh
Old 05-04-2022, 02:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by robayon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Communism is what seems self-defeating, and climate change isn't an ideology/worldview, just contested because some peoples' idea of solving it are merely clever ways to profit from it (carbon credits anyone?).
Old 05-04-2022, 02:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by robayon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My brother in law had a bad stress test and his mom died at 51 of a stroke, insurance denied the heart cath his cardiologist recommended

I paid for it out of pocket and it was about $27,000. 90% occlusion of one coronary and 95% for another. He got stents placed and insurance covered that!!!!

Anyway, I wonder what happens if this dude didn’t have me? We just let him die of a heart attack??? His son is a radiologist but hates him because he did drugs and cheated on his mom (my sister) and so he was just like let his ass die

Cmon man!
Old 05-04-2022, 03:12 PM
Planar Protector

we live in hell
Old 05-04-2022, 03:12 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaveh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’m not gonna lie to you man, I’m employed so I can’t read 9 pages from something called the Guttmacher Institute, but on page one:

“The research into U.S. women’s reasons for having abor- tions has been limited. In a 1985 study of 500 women in Kansas, unreadiness to parent was the reason most often given for having an abortion, followed by lack of financial resources and absence of a partner.”

I don’t equate those with convenience. However, I admit I only read page one so if you can tell me or show me which parts of that study, assuming it’s a reputable source, tells
Me about convenience I’m willing to change my mind. Unlike most of you, I’m a centrist fiscal conservative and have voted both ways. I welcome the information to change my mind
The organization itself is is a sister organization to Planned Parenthood and certainly doesn't have incentive to drive a narrative that abortions are done out of convenience, they would likely want to prove the opposite. From their "About Us" you can infer they would have a left-leaning bias. It's all on their website.

Anyways, decide for yourself where the "convenience" line is as they break down a lot of detailed reasons in Table 4. Appreciate that you are willing to change your mind as that is not often seen in this debate.
Old 05-04-2022, 03:15 PM
Planar Protector

If you get an abortion its because it wasn't a convenient time to have a baby how is this even a discussion.