Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2018, 11:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geomance22 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
kittens will be the actual issue which will show if the staff are serious about this or not, absolutely immersion shattering
What about the Kittens name actually objectively breaks the rules? Its perfectly reasonable for the staff to decide that it is appropriate within their posted rules.

Is it that you believe the name isn't conducive to the fantasy immersion? What about it, objectively, violates this? Not only that, but there were plenty of guilds with comical names on live (Cats in Hats --- comes to mind as very close to Kittens) that were never an issue. You can be both comical and not break fantasy immersion...its a subjective judgement that the staff makes.

Is it that it is a spoof on Knights Who Say Ni? Somewhat more on point, but not a direct hit.

Bottom line, Kittens Who Say Meow don't bother anyone on p99. They have been around almost from the beginning and pretty fun easy going folks. Considering all the toxic BS that does raise the ire of the staff on a daily basis they shouldn't spend one iota of their time on Kittens.
Old 02-11-2018, 11:15 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utmost [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Loramin, have it changed to Lotrimin. Might not burn as much.
Pharmacy jokes. Nice
This isn't rocket science people: if your name clearly means something non-Everquest-related when most people see it, it doesn't belong. If your name is the same as something obscure that most people have never heard of, it's fine.:
Old 02-11-2018, 11:25 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboy21 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is it that it is a spoof on Knights Who Say Ni? Somewhat more on point, but not a direct hit.

Bottom line, Kittens Who Say Meow don't bother anyone on p99. They have been around almost from the beginning and pretty fun easy going folks. Considering all the toxic BS that does raise the ire of the staff on a daily basis they shouldn't spend one iota of their time on Kittens.
As a spoof of a guild who is also in questionable violation it is, quite in fact, a direct hit. The original guild is unoriginal and a direct ripoff from the actual original idea from a famous movie.

But technically speaking, there isn't an actual "Guild Name Policy" and in the absence of an actual "Guild Name Policy" I would assume these guilds would be at the mercy of when they submit the name, it would be approved, thus qualifying at the approval by the GMs.

Having said that, I've had guild names rejected due to policies outlined by the "Character Naming Policy". I tried to make a guild called <Pale Folklore> which is a somewhat obscure album name, that was designated for just one character. It was rejected for being related to popular media.

All this proves is just inconsistency and this being a free project, any actual "rule" of this server is ultimately decided upon by the hands that be, despite any contradictory or "unfair" result. A lot of people will confuse this point and try to compare P99 to an actual business or some entity that owes something to it's consumers.

It sucks, and I'm happy that we are at least allowed to say that it sucks without fear of being banned, but it's just the way it is around here.

Edit: To add to this and to specifically address your point of Kittens not bothering anyone.. neither were a lot of people(Winchester, Stockmarket) either. So by culling the nobodies who weren't bothering anyone, how can you not expect some sort of bitterness by these people in direction toward big names like Kittens?
Last edited by NachtMystium; 02-11-2018 at 11:28 PM..
Old 02-11-2018, 11:27 PM
Banned

Kittens is a terrible guild name and should be Cleansed
Old 02-11-2018, 11:30 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Kittens is a terrible guild name and should be Cleansed
Old 02-11-2018, 11:36 PM
Banned

I wish I had more of my own toons to petition
Old 02-11-2018, 11:42 PM
Kobold

Petition Baler as the name is a clear violation and affront to the ~400 Filipinos who died for a free Baler. The flames await, stay strong through the sacrifice for a better Norrath. I encourage you to petition tonight and leave your integrity and the integrity of this movement intact.
Old 02-11-2018, 11:47 PM
Banned

Sadly, it's too far of a stretch or I would put him on the List, too.
Old 02-11-2018, 11:53 PM
Fire Giant

http://www.transports-lia.fr/presentation/?rub_code=36

Fil'Bus is a Le Havre public transportation system name, on which your name is obviously based. As a frenchman, this ruins my immersion everytime i see your stupid bus-line name running around.
Old 02-11-2018, 11:56 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagoya [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
http://www.transports-lia.fr/presentation/?rub_code=36

Fil'Bus is a Le Havre public transportation system name, on which your name is obviously based. As a frenchman, this ruins my immersion everytime i see your stupid bus-line name running around.
I'm sorry Filbus, but the law is above all. With your fervor on self-sacrifice, I'm sure you will understand and do the right thing... You know what you must do. *Eyes the paper backed binder*