Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 02:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
pixels forever safe.
That's what I like to hear
Old 01-23-2013, 03:11 PM
Banned

First off lol at HB immersed in his persona.

Second I love the idea about teams. It would be optimal for me to have a wipe and start fresh but I get not wanting to ruin the integrity of what is going on with p1999 as far as no wipes. A third p1999 server would be a close second choice to that. It would be pretty cool to have 3 servers going at once, blue velious, red kunark, classic teams/item loot. I think starting a new server would basically be the same as a fresh wipe because everyone would go there, but it would keep the integrity of p1999 by not wiping.

Can anyone on here deny that it would bring a ton of people back? The argument would be if that number would sustain or fizzle out like red99 did. I think teams would actually solve a lot of the problems this server has. It would promote 3 strong guilds even though it wouldn't necessarily happen that way. It would at least entice 2 teams to go against the strongest teams at all times.
Old 01-23-2013, 03:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippoNipple [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
First off lol at HB immersed in his persona.

Second I love the idea about teams. It would be optimal for me to have a wipe and start fresh but I get not wanting to ruin the integrity of what is going on with p1999 as far as no wipes. A third p1999 server would be a close second choice to that. It would be pretty cool to have 3 servers going at once, blue velious, red kunark, classic teams/item loot. I think starting a new server would basically be the same as a fresh wipe because everyone would go there, but it would keep the integrity of p1999 by not wiping.

Can anyone on here deny that it would bring a ton of people back? The argument would be if that number would sustain or fizzle out like red99 did. I think teams would actually solve a lot of the problems this server has. It would promote 3 strong guilds even though it wouldn't necessarily happen that way. It would at least entice 2 teams to go against the strongest teams at all times.
if this is not possible can Nilbog or Sirken at least tell us why it is not possible?
Old 01-23-2013, 03:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proverbs28 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if this is not possible can Nilbog or Sirken at least tell us why it is not possible?
Well there are three good reasons why it wouldn't be possible.

1) Time investment
2) $$$
3) Additional gms needed

This isn't a business... as far as a Dev goes they don't necessarily need the servers to get huge and be the most fun for us. They would just like for it to be better than the others out there. As a player... of course we would want it to be bigger and better.
Old 01-23-2013, 03:16 PM
Banned

there is not enuff gms for even 2 servers

sirken does what he can but yeah they really dont even support the 2nd one as is
Old 01-23-2013, 03:19 PM
Banned

i think the coding and everything is there would litterally be a complex copy and paste of some sort im sure.

the community could vote on a gm, or sirken /nilbog could be given full authority over the new one.

community could raise $ for the server host etc.

release it first day of spring. ample time to re inform community, let alliances reforge, (give some people who are burned out 2 months no eq to mantain real life relationships, commitments, and occupations) it could be real fun!

i hope they atleast tell us why
Old 01-23-2013, 03:20 PM
Banned

The only way that EQ PvP can ever really exist again is with teams.

And the teams cannot be any kind of Classic team setup. The teams MUST BE BALANCED. Evil is much too powerful. Large races are much too powerful. They must be split up in an un-canonic, truly level way. And exactly three teams - no more, no less.
Old 01-23-2013, 03:21 PM
Banned

ROGEAN JESUS ANSWER US!!!! WE COME WITH ALMS AND DREAMS OF YOU TAKING US TO THE PVP PROMISED LAND ONCE MORE!!!!
Old 01-23-2013, 03:22 PM
Banned

population isnt there for teams, anyone who has played on red99 knows this
Old 01-23-2013, 03:23 PM
Banned

OGres - dark elves - trolls - one team
barbarians -erudites -humans - half elfs - two team
haflings-gnomes-dwarves-wood elves, high elves- team three
when iskar get released - team 4
Closed Thread