Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2012, 06:45 PM
Sarnak

Honestly, I would probably snap too if I was supposed to be responsible for this group of trolls on these boards.

Most of you people don't even play the game anymore. Time for a new hobby, pals.

I'd suggest drugs.
Old 11-13-2012, 10:03 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I recently became aware of savage fiendery of epic RL proportions.
Old 11-13-2012, 10:07 PM
Planar Protector

what did I just read
Old 11-14-2012, 12:31 PM
Banned

Chuck you're a real Wisenheimer

FoH is done with news of any kind of earth shattering news from me
Old 11-14-2012, 12:42 PM
Banned

Let's be honest though.

500 playes aren't just going to magically come back.

At least let RNF be the total nut house it was always meant to be. It keeps board views up.
Old 11-14-2012, 03:23 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You seem fine questioning the attitude and integrity of the players.

You do realize people want updates very much and have a bad way of showing it. Well a louder voice after having waited so long. Some of these changes are relatively small and have existed on other servers.

I'm just saying before you come from a position of calling the people in the thread complaining about a lack of changes immature ingrates, consider the evils that live "upstairs" here.

That post was unwarranted, locking the thread was not.

Still think you're the best GM though, and for real.
in retrospect, you're probably right. i could have worded it differently, and i obviously am not directing my post to everyone on the server. it was directed mostly at the vocal minority that thinks if they complain louder than anyone else it forces the staff to listen to them. it was directed at all the non game playing forum questers that love to blame the staff or the server for their failure at EQ.

that being said, i'm a human being, and just like all other human beings, i'm not perfect and i'm going to make mistakes. and like most other human beings, i have breaking points. the difference between me and most others is that i'm a big enough man to admit when i make a mistake.

as far as updates, you guys should start warming up to my smiling face because odds are i'll be your liaison to the big dogs on staff as far as that goes. Rogean and Nilbog have no desire to sit down once a week and do a Q&A, simply because they are too busy with a combination of RL work, and the long list of things that need work on both of the servers. they make their announcements in the patch notes, or the news/announcements sections, and that's all. and realistically, they shouldnt have to. Blue server has hundreds and hundreds more people than red, and even they dont get the kind of communication that some of the red players are requesting from the staff.

also, the staff here is not of the "lets try it for two weeks mentality". when something goes in, its in, period. thats mostly why everything has taken so long. between RL work, the preexisting list of things to be fixed, and wanting to make sure something is discussed until its beaten to a pulp, its simply not a fast process.

and lastly, i dont make threads asking for opinions, simply so i can ignore peoples opinions. it would be MUCH easier for me to just not read threads and not personally post. i do not drag things on for months because i like to build suspense, if things get dragged on, it's because that's how long it took the staff with all of our different schedules / other obligations. its really not as easy as "just flip the YT switch" (and i dont mean coding wise, i mean deciding if the server should go to a more CoD style in stead of classic EQ). when players try to break my balls because they didnt get what they wanted when they wanted it, it simply drives me crazy. especially when its mostly being done by the same 2-3 trolls that dont play this game.

and sorry for the wall of text!
<3
Sirks

TLDR = see your doctor about more adderall, your ADHD is flaring up [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Sirken; 11-14-2012 at 03:25 PM..
Old 11-14-2012, 03:30 PM
Banned

^ didnt read it
Old 11-14-2012, 03:57 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delita [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
^ didnt read it
Perfect example btw^
Old 11-14-2012, 03:59 PM
Banned

^ still not reading it
Old 11-14-2012, 06:33 PM
Banned

Funny if you realize the majority of players was 600 people at launch and 10 or 15 people complaining prevents development, which leads to more players, which leads to more site hits.

I guess some people are very prideful and affected very easily. Sucks for the box lawl.

My point is, no one in that thread (who was posting seriously) is complaining about the job you are doing GMing. So no need to come to anyone's defense pal, they can defend themselves.
Closed Thread