Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2011, 05:27 PM
Banned

I should have rolled a mage
Old 12-20-2011, 01:06 AM
Kobold

Unhappy

Aww, no more bank-camping players [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ababohee Mengyounadda
Old 12-20-2011, 11:37 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanras [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It should be working, but I can't guarantee the client will be sync'd properly if there's no spells file.

The only changes that really require a spell file update for clients are the ones that take up buff slots. DDs, etc. are all handled server-side exclusively.
Sunstrike still shows a mana requirement of 500, I thought it was going to be reduced to 450?

GM of -=Trigarium=-
Old 12-20-2011, 02:35 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhaj [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sunstrike still shows a mana requirement of 500, I thought it was going to be reduced to 450?
Like Jomar mentioned in the bug thread, it's correctly costing 450 mana because that's the data the server has. But since the spells file wasn't updated, it's still requiring 500 mana to start casting it on the client.
Old 12-20-2011, 03:56 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
  • Kanras: Jonthan's Provocation and Jonthan's Inspiration: Changed targettype from GroupSingle to Self, and removed rune effect.
I thought that after this change we were expecting the song wouldn't require us to target ourselves for every refresh and behave like any other buff song but only ticking on the bard ? It's not the case and I was wondering if that's actually intended. My classic bard wisdom isn't that great, would like some input on that.
Old 12-20-2011, 04:16 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paumad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I thought that after this change we were expecting the song wouldn't require us to target ourselves for every refresh and behave like any other buff song but only ticking on the bard ? It's not the case and I was wondering if that's actually intended. My classic bard wisdom isn't that great, would like some input on that.
You're correct. This is another issue caused by not having a new spells file distributed.
Old 12-21-2011, 02:58 PM
Banned

these guys are delivering, like santa!
Old 12-27-2011, 10:53 AM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

Rogean/Nilbog: City guards will now indiscriminately attack any players that they notice making offensive actions towards another player.

A neriak guard sees a dark elf shadow knight harmtouch a human and attacks the Dark Elf? Everquest has beaten racism.
Old 12-27-2011, 01:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slave [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh thank god you nerfed bards on red even worse than they started out. And thanks for not fixing any of the other bard bugs that have been extensively mentioned and proofed, and would have begun to make them more Classic.

Better get working on the rest of the bard nerfs right away, and whatever you do, don't look at the laundry list of things that should have been fixed that would actually increase their power. That would suck.

Especially thank you to Lazortag, who is the best person on the forums, consistently lobbying for extra bard nerf and against bard buffing. We are so extremely privileged to have you looking out for the rest of the players against the extremely mean and drastically overpowered bard.
Bew Hew. Can I use your entire post plus sig as MY sig? Thanks.
Old 12-27-2011, 10:11 PM
Skeleton

Send a message via ICQ to nick

Just curious what the basis for removing drowned citizens is. Is it just for complete accuracy (I saw something about GMs removing them on live for a while due to aggro or spawn issues on either the acolyte's anklet quest zam page or on the drowned citizens zam page itself)? I was trying to recommend that quest (acolyte's) to a lowbie druid but he got frustrated due to lack of spawns, and it seems like on live they were removed only due to some spawn/loot/aggro issue which wasn't present on p99.

Closed Thread