Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2011, 06:40 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by quido [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My name is herrderremy, and I like to use ad hominem attacks on people who scare me intellectually. Then I like to make it seem like I'm cool by telling people on the internets that I'm actually very smart and am just choosing to not converse.
That's cool Jeremy, but I defy you to take one of my wall'o'texts and determine where exactly I regurgitated it from. Sure I post a lot of videos, pictures, essays, and websites that other people have created, but that part of my posting is simply intended to create awareness where there was none in the first place. Sure I post a lot of one liner ad hominem attacks as well, but those are obviously tongue in cheek; when I actually don't know enough to speak on a subject intelligently, I don't have a problem admitting that. I do my utmost not to use fallacious techniques to engage my opponents.

When I do speak on something, those are my own thoughts. Of course they are regurgitated from somewhere, as original thought is actually a fantasy since we all are simply products of a collection of perceptions and sensations, and all of our thoughts merely reactions to external stimuli. When I write, I am not directly quoting or paraphrasing, but rather drawing on my breadth of experiences to make a statement which is unique to how my brain works.

Attack what I'm saying all you want, but don't cheapen yourself by making things up that don't exist. If you don't like me, that's fine, but don't like me for something actual, not the prejudices you have about me.
Old 12-06-2011, 06:53 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbinbad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People like this on the forums, yet I am the one on drugs. lulz.
Ignore him like everyone else has.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
if your reason to be here is to ruin other peoples experiences and grief them off the server, then not only do you not deserve the privilege of playing here, but i will remove your ability to do so.
Old 12-06-2011, 06:54 AM
Planar Protector

Hasbin I stopped reading your walls of text long ago - any real discourse with you comes down to you thinking you know what's best for people. I'm not frightened by you intellectually; I just see the futility of engaging you. You are too proud, too steadfast, and definitely too fucking annoying to be worthy of a real discussion.
Old 12-06-2011, 07:12 AM
Planar Protector

Couch it however you want brew.

In the end, your voice is only heard to say "YER DUMB HERP."

I honestly thought better of you.
Old 12-06-2011, 09:02 AM
VIP / Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Amelinda Send a message via Yahoo to Amelinda

why are you starting all of these effing political threads? why are there so many political discussions going on - this isn't a political discussion board. i'm just curious as to why. i don't really care. but tbh i don't read the threads because all they turn out to be are a bunch of kids aged 18-26 who seem to have been brought up privlege who are stuck on the far conservative side and think everyone who receives wellfare should be put to death or something similar. it's depressing to read and you will never change their closed minds.

I don't understand people who think that way. I especially don't understand Christians...oh i'm sorry "Christians" who are against any sort of program that helps underprivleged people.

hbb there are like two people on these forums who have a remotely humanitarian leaning it seems sostarting these threads doesn't generate 'fun discussion' so much as it causes rage (at least in me) :P

you have to understand. I believe in helping out people who are in a bad place no matter what the reason they are there. i love them where they are at and hope that encourages them to improve and grow. *shrug*
Old 12-06-2011, 09:06 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amelinda [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
why are you starting all of these effing political threads? why are there so many political discussions going on - this isn't a political discussion board. i'm just curious as to why. i don't really care. but tbh i don't read the threads because all they turn out to be are a bunch of kids aged 18-26 who seem to have been brought up privlege who are stuck on the far conservative side and think everyone who receives wellfare should be put to death or something similar. it's depressing to read and you will never change their closed minds.

I don't understand people who think that way. I especially don't understand Christians...oh i'm sorry "Christians" who are against any sort of program that helps underprivleged people.

hbb there are like two people on these forums who have a remotely humanitarian leaning it seems sostarting these threads doesn't generate 'fun discussion' so much as it causes rage (at least in me) :P

you have to understand. I believe in helping out people who are in a bad place no matter what the reason they are there. i love them where they are at and hope that encourages them to improve and grow. *shrug*
Hey sweet baby jesus.... Where is your RL pic and your asl???
Old 12-06-2011, 10:12 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amelinda [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
why are you starting all of these effing political threads?
Amelinda it's mainly attempt at starting discourse but most people don't want to hear it because they refuse to shatter their delusions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by occupy raleigh member
Personally I should have known better than to think I was going to get some sleep at the triangle, before having to work this morning, as it was Saturday night in the Glenwood South district of Raleigh. What I didn't expect was the vile nature of the noise, which seemed to reach a new peak since I have been staying there. Sure I expected the usual fanfare of "get a job hippie" but this seemed to be an intensified dynamic. Something seemed different in the air, and it took on a more hostile tone with a lot more in the way of "fuck you fucking faggots" shouted in pure anger, and in some cases rage. Just after midnight the alcohol fueled heckling seemed nearly constant as I was deciding to leave for the night. It was truly disappointing, and quite frankly disturbing, to see this failure of humanity.

I say disturbing, not because of the words themselves, but where they are coming from. They are coming from pure ignorance and spoon fed impressions handed to them by media, or other outlets designed as a means of control. They seem content on living a life of false comfort while being robbed in plain sight. They live within the bounds of a madness that they are told is freedom. After witnessing this, one would be a fool to underestimate the power of Stockholm Syndrome.

In closing I almost wonder if the reason for their response is a shattering of illusion as they pass by. Perhaps when they see us the drinking is no longer enough to numb the most uncomfortable of truths. Perhaps it is just me and I am the crazy one. Either way stay classy Glenwood South and keep shopping, everything is fine!
Old 12-06-2011, 10:24 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aadill [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Amelinda it's mainly attempt at starting discourse but most people don't want to hear it because they refuse to shatter their delusions.
most people don't care.
Old 12-06-2011, 10:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autotune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
most people don't care.
which is precisely the problem.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
if your reason to be here is to ruin other peoples experiences and grief them off the server, then not only do you not deserve the privilege of playing here, but i will remove your ability to do so.
Old 12-06-2011, 10:27 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humerox [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
which is precisely the problem.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
is this where you wanna be when baby Jesus comes back?
Closed Thread