Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 06:00 PM
Fire Giant

I'm sure ranger will do good with fear weapons or yaks. Not so sure how they will fare without those though.
Old 08-25-2011, 06:06 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by SearyxTZ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Kick does not interrupt.

Paladins are MUCH harder to kill, have higher base defense/hp, and do nearly as much damage.

Shadow Knights can dish out unresistable spike damage that makes rangers cry (life leech + boil blood + harm touch?), and have actual utility in pvp with shadowstep and harmshield. And they also have better defense/hp. Do not kid yourself into thinking that SK damage is "minimal" in pvp.
sks dont get life leech in classic. http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/spell.html?spell=445 should be the highest life tap if I'm correct. which is only 105 dmg/heal.
Old 08-25-2011, 06:09 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darksinga [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm sure ranger will do good with fear weapons or yaks. Not so sure how they will fare without those though.
Your posts are always so terrible, but considering how awful you are in game I guess that is to be expected.
Old 08-25-2011, 06:12 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by SearyxTZ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
More like you got killed by everybody on VZTZ and were passed around like the town whore, then whined incessantly on the forums about Snare getting resisted by people with resist gear even though the VZTZ resists were far more forgiving than live.

hahahaaha funny cuz its true
Old 08-25-2011, 06:39 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by lethdar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Your posts are always so terrible, but considering how awful you are in game I guess that is to be expected.
???

Never once played on the same server as you pal. and the post makes perfect sense. Bard dps for instance blows, but if I have x2 yaks will I be meleeing rather than drum dotting? of course. Same scenario for rangers.
Old 08-25-2011, 06:58 PM
Kobold

Only one person has said it so far so I imagine many here are just "imagining" what PVP would be like. Melee PVP is not standing next to eachother dpsing, it is running around like an idiot jousting.

No way am I gonna stand still and wait for you to hit me. Rooted means I shadow step. I will equip the slowest, highest damage 2 hander possible and smack you in the face with it while jousting at you. No way will I stand around and get DPSed by a dual-wielding numpty.

By far the most dangerous were the bards, who are unkillable, as well as shamans, and druids were pretty bad too. My tactic was to hang around Innothule and jump underwater when the cast came. SK vs paladin was well balanced although I'm not sure if you can fear these days. Charm was quite a terrible thing as well, getting charmed out of your group and gang raped by gnomes.

Your best bet as a ranger is to make sure no one sees you (ok joking) or run in and out with sow on with a 2hander and hope your opponent is too slow, run away heal and repeat. You are going to have to whittle your target down and use your mobility, track them down and you will catch that SK recovering his life tapping on moss snakes and OOM - then you can snare him and dps his ass. Make sure you level archery anyway cos it is annoying being rooted, trying to cast and then being shot over and over. Basically it ain't gonna be pretty but it might work.

TBH at lower levels even casters put out a good smack in the face with a high damage staff, as most hits in PvP (back on tallon) were for full damage.
Closed Thread