Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2011, 09:23 PM
Kobold

http://blog.games.yahoo.com/blog/866...om-blood-clot/
Old 07-30-2011, 09:25 PM
Banned

A few reasons are summarized here: http://blog.ddetox.com/2007/09/14/wh...-or-marijuana/

Also; pots a gateway drug, has nowhere near the same societal history as alcohol use, supports mexican ppl, etc etc
Old 07-30-2011, 09:27 PM
Banned

smoke pot if u want, but don't kid urself that it:

-is not a gateway drug
-is not addictive
-is safe to use
-is more healthy than alcohol
-doesn't support the wholesale slaughter of mexican civilians
-doesn't make u lazy/squash motivation

edit- don't get me wrong, i think the use of federal resources to raid pot farms and imprison stoners is a laughable waste of resources, but that doesn't mean that pots good/okay
Last edited by Prince; 07-30-2011 at 09:30 PM..
Old 07-30-2011, 09:27 PM
Kobold

Methamphetamine, heroin, and GHB are my favourites. I also use psychedelic drugs sometimes but that's an entirely different kind of experience and not something I'd really consider "recreational" per se.
Old 07-30-2011, 09:53 PM
Planar Protector

wts fishscale $80/gram pst
Old 07-30-2011, 09:56 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to deakolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
smoke pot if u want, but don't kid urself that it:

-is not a gateway drug
-is not addictive
-is safe to use
-is more healthy than alcohol
-doesn't support the wholesale slaughter of mexican civilians
-doesn't make u lazy/squash motivation

edit- don't get me wrong, i think the use of federal resources to raid pot farms and imprison stoners is a laughable waste of resources, but that doesn't mean that pots good/okay
i agree with most of this. I guess I think weed should be legal because I don't believe anyone should be able to tell me what I do to myself (provided I'm not hurting anyone else). I agree that it is unhealthy, can make you super lazy/unmotivated, it is addicting, etc.

The other reason I think weed should be legal is your edit and the mexican civilian slaughter bit.

It seems to me that legalizing weed would reduce the need to import so much pot from Mexico, hopefully reducing the power of the cartels there.

It seems to me that legalizing weed would reduce the misallocation of government resources (raids on pot stores, stoners in jail, etc)

It seems to me that legalizing weed would take a large amount of revenue away from difficult-to-trace cartels / other illegal ventures and give that money back 1) to the government and 2) to legal businesses which are subject to law/regulation

Bulltrue
Deakolt
Old 07-30-2011, 10:25 PM
Fire Giant

there's no point in debating current cannabis policy with children that may or may not live in california.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People don't murder for coffee.
No, but they deforest for it. Sumatra Indonesia
Old 07-30-2011, 10:43 PM
Sarnak

2 bad this turned into a "who knows more about weed" argument. this thread sux now. i just want to hear stories, routines, ect. i'm on probation for a DUI at the moment and cannot smoke weed (which i would normally do rather often). so i opt to anti-anxiety pharms as they give me a similar effect and make me more lax when i'm hanging out solo playing my enchanter and jamming.

other than that i do MDMA once a month or so, on those beautiful days when you just want to feel perfect. i drink 3-4 nights out of the week. ironic that after getting the DUI/OWI they only test for weed/?meth? idk what all urine analysis covers. but basically it makes me drink more since i can't enjoy a bowl and relax rather than getting drunk.

do tell your own situation/stories/habits.

w/love <3 piff
Old 07-30-2011, 10:52 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to deakolt

my favorite drug is lsd.

i roll once every couple months, usually at a rave (been trying to cut back from MDMA, I feel like this stuff fries your brain)

cocaine, been there done that

weed & alcohol are my main hooks now... do each mebbe 1-2 nights a week

Bulltrue
Deakolt
Last edited by deakolt; 07-30-2011 at 10:54 PM..
Old 07-30-2011, 11:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piff [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
2 bad this turned into a "who knows more about weed" argument. this thread sux now. i just want to hear stories, routines, ect. i'm on probation for a DUI at the moment and cannot smoke weed (which i would normally do rather often). so i opt to anti-anxiety pharms as they give me a similar effect and make me more lax when i'm hanging out solo playing my enchanter and jamming.

other than that i do MDMA once a month or so, on those beautiful days when you just want to feel perfect. i drink 3-4 nights out of the week. ironic that after getting the DUI/OWI they only test for weed/?meth? idk what all urine analysis covers. but basically it makes me drink more since i can't enjoy a bowl and relax rather than getting drunk.

do tell your own situation/stories/habits.

w/love <3 piff
man u dum or wut ur like 16 and already have a dui?
Closed Thread