Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 07-21-2023, 03:25 AM
Kobold

Anybody that thinks the combined total of Good Guys, Kingdom, Nova, Safe Space, Castle Alliance, Drift, Fires of Heaven and Lineage is the minority of the server is crazy
Old 07-21-2023, 05:08 AM
Fire Giant

It’s true that everyone starts unguilded, but at level 20-30ish a LOT of people are tagged. Not all in raiding guilds, but by the time you get to raid relevant levels, 46+, people start wanting their epics and get guilded with a raiding capable guild. However it’s good to make sure there is room to be unaffiliated with a guild or to have cross guild grouping action going on. Ragefire should NOT be draftable content since it’s groupable.
Old 07-21-2023, 08:47 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpathEQ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

To the point of some of the comments earlier if 95% of the draft targets are unkillable by non-draft guilds then there should be no reason to enforce draft week outside of the drafting entities. Let's put our money where our mouth is and find out. I know plenty of outsiders that would love to snipe a large portion of the lockout targets and see if they have what it takes to take down some of these targets before the drafting guild does.
SO what's stopping you gathering these players together and camping the target outside of the draft. All the raiding guilds will be normally running around doing quake day stuff, so wait on your selected target whlie they are busy with higher end stuff.

Instead of moaning about the draft, Put YOUR money where YOUR mouth is, and proove that you can take part.
Old 07-21-2023, 12:16 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guesty07 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anybody that thinks the combined total of Good Guys, Kingdom, Nova, Safe Space, Castle Alliance, Drift, Fires of Heaven and Lineage is the minority of the server is crazy
The methodology I used to approximate the statistic was the typical raiding forces I've seen from the UN draft guilds multiplied by the number of guilds divided by the active population on the server from the login screens. Another way to approximate is using examples like the AoW FFA where approximately 400 people come to participate at a time when there are 1200ish people on the server.

To your point these guilds have massive volumes of people tagged but not all are active, online, or raid level. If you wanted to look at the sum total of everyone tagged in these guilds you would have to compare it to the sum total of all characters ever created on the server. That would be much harder to guesstimate but I would imagine the character count would have to be in the 5 figures and these groups would still represent a similarly sized minority. This approach is less valid because one actual human can account for a large amount of toons. Using active counts helps to better gage the actual amount of distinct humans that are actively engaging in real time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pootle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
SO what's stopping you gathering these players together and camping the target outside of the draft. All the raiding guilds will be normally running around doing quake day stuff, so wait on your selected target whlie they are busy with higher end stuff.

Instead of moaning about the draft, Put YOUR money where YOUR mouth is, and proove that you can take part.
Nothing is stopping me...I have, am, and will continue to do so. This thread isn't about moaning about the draft, I offer my praises for the draft in addition to my sharp criticisms. The draft/UN is a relevant topic here because it is an overlay on top of classic and the main avenue the GMs have chosen to give a voice to players about the future state of gameplay on P99. This thread is intended to expand that voice and to propose creative ideas on how we advance the game from here while also highlighting the potential (and in my opinion current reality) that the will of the UN is not the will of the overall population.

I mean if nothing else you at least have to stop and chuckle about the irony of a draft concept that is intended to open up content by locking it down. I don't know about you but I've never opened a door for someone by locking it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-24-2023, 11:13 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortior [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It’s true that everyone starts unguilded, but at level 20-30ish a LOT of people are tagged. Not all in raiding guilds, but by the time you get to raid relevant levels, 46+, people start wanting their epics and get guilded with a raiding capable guild. However it’s good to make sure there is room to be unaffiliated with a guild or to have cross guild grouping action going on. Ragefire should NOT be draftable content since it’s groupable.
It's drafted because the logistics of it make it such that it could interfere with drafted Naggy and vice versa. It would cause more headaches for the staff if it wasn't included with Naggy.

It's like 5 days out of a month. Chill out.
Old 07-25-2023, 07:15 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpathEQ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I mean if nothing else you at least have to stop and chuckle about the irony of a draft concept that is intended to open up content by locking it down. I don't know about you but I've never opened a door for someone by locking it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As a member of a casual raiding guild/coalition on Blue, we had set raid evenings/times, so we could not sock or batphone targets much at all. We could not practace on many targets without the the massive zerg guilds racing to them before us, or presuring us to fail so they could leapfrog.

I found the Draft allowed us to raid waaaay more content than we were able to on normal quakes etc.

We even managed to score Trak Teeth on a few Drafts, then partner up with another guild to do Veeshans Peak on a later Draft week.

So personally (in my experience) i really have to disagree with your above statement.
Old 07-25-2023, 09:48 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
To the point of some of the comments earlier if 95% of the draft targets are unkillable by non-draft guilds then there should be no reason to enforce draft week outside of the drafting entities. Let's put our money where our mouth is and find out. I know plenty of outsiders that would love to snipe a large portion of the lockout targets and see if they have what it takes to take down some of these targets before the drafting guild does. If we're so confident these mobs are only killable by the draft entities then the "raiding guilds" should have no problem with this concept. Effectively the only people locked out of targets on Draft week would the members of guilds that participated in the draft.
This is just a really dumb idea that defeats the whole point of the draft (which is to give smaller guilds a shot at content that is normally monopolized by one or two larger guilds).

The only reason to be against a draft is if you are IN the one or two larger guilds that normally monopolize the content. As a result, you are clearly someone who is too immersed in one of those guilds and trying to make up some reason why the draft harms smaller guilds/ordinary players, which it doesn't in any way shape or form.

If these groups were capable of sniping content as you seem to be claiming, they would be sniping content. They don't have to wait to draft week to do it. There's 3 weeks of of the month where the content is an FTE free for all. So either get one of these "disenfranchised by the draft" groups of people together and go snipe some raid targets this week or STFU.
Old 07-25-2023, 02:53 PM
Orc

The solution to all our problems is literally just a forced rotation of all raid mobs and instead of the draft, there will be free for all weeks where any guild can kill any mob.
Then we can live happily ever after.
Meezak 9 Ogre Necromancer <Ancient Blood>
--------------------------------------------------------------
Green: INACTIVE
Blue: INACTIVE
Red: INACTIVE

Quarm is love Quarm is life
Old 07-25-2023, 03:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyPro [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The solution to all our problems is literally just a forced rotation of all raid mobs and instead of the draft, there will be free for all weeks where any guild can kill any mob.
Then we can live happily ever after.
Which would be the antithesis of classic EQ because at that point you might as well have instancing.

I don't mind a once a month draft. I think it's a cool mechanic and the draft itself is actually kinda fun to attend and watch haha

But full on enforced rotations would kind of be too much IMO. I do like a little competition the other weeks! Even if I'm not in the guild that's winning all the targets lol
Old 07-25-2023, 03:01 PM
Planar Protector

Instances would save so many paragraphs of typing
And solve every problem this server ever had
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior