Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 02-14-2023, 09:36 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyfoxnz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Always try to negotiate the price prior to port. I have done numerous portings ended up getting a lot less than what I expect. (Personally FoB pickup EJ/Skyfire before patch SG succor are not worth doing under 50p in Green). CR port is always free but I've seen people take off their equipment to pretend they are on CR to get a free port so make sure you make the list of people exploit. GL
That’s such a bummer. My main/only toon is a 29 de enc bound in OT, specifically so i can bank and pull plat from my noob stash and pay a druid for a port. I dont know, too much self respect to even accept a free cr port.
Old 02-14-2023, 09:44 PM
Banned

I honestly don't mind doing free CR ports as a druid.

I never got the feeling that someone was faking it. If they're faking a CR port to save 50p, they can't use that trick often because porters will sniff that out easily.

There aren't enough clients out there to forget a face. And if they're DAP, you can be sure they speak with each other in guild chat and warn others if someone is being a cheat.
Old 02-14-2023, 09:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I honestly don't mind doing free CR ports as a druid.

I never got the feeling that someone was faking it. If they're faking a CR port to save 50p, they can't use that trick often because porters will sniff that out easily.

There aren't enough clients out there to forget a face. And if they're DAP, you can be sure they speak with each other in guild chat and warn others if someone is being a cheat.
I feel bad for the person who legit dies a lot ;D
Old 02-15-2023, 12:48 AM
Planar Protector

Remember to do corpse runs for free... knowing that occasionally someone has bagged their gear [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-15-2023, 10:29 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I feel bad for the person who legit dies a lot ;D
It's pretty rare when that happens and they usually go to the same place if they do die a lot.
Old 02-15-2023, 11:30 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyfoxnz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Always try to negotiate the price prior to port. I have done numerous portings ended up getting a lot less than what I expect. (Personally FoB pickup EJ/Skyfire before patch SG succor are not worth doing under 50p in Green). CR port is always free but I've seen people take off their equipment to pretend they are on CR to get a free port so make sure you make the list of people exploit. GL
What bothers me more than the above exaggerated fraud is those who abuse the "Free CR" position common with porters by failing to bind themselves in a reasonable manner. Yes by all means port the poor warrior who died out in a remote place. But WTF is a caster doing needing a CR port when they could have avoided all this by simply binding themselves near where they were hunting? I see this all the time, some 25th level high elf mage needs a CR from GFay to North Karana? You couldn't afford that Bind Affinity spell back in your batch of 12th level spells? Hmmmm.
Old 02-15-2023, 12:50 PM
Banned

I see what you're saying, but some people are also particular about where they are bound and may not want to change it often.

CR ports aren't that common for me. I typically average 1 or 2 during 8 hours of play or so.
Old 02-15-2023, 08:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Remember to do corpse runs for free... knowing that occasionally someone has bagged their gear [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Honestly I can respect the effort it takes to do that. Taking every inventory slot off, bagging it, and then having to re-equip it all after the heist just for a measly free WC port or whatever is some real dedication, if nothing else.
Old 02-16-2023, 12:12 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Honestly I can respect the effort it takes to do that. Taking every inventory slot off, bagging it, and then having to re-equip it all after the heist just for a measly free WC port or whatever is some real dedication, if nothing else.
I respect those who run around with that much available bag space...

-Mcoy
Old 02-16-2023, 07:42 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcoy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I respect those who run around with that much available bag space...

-Mcoy
For real, it gets to a point where paying for a port is the better option