Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 01-09-2023, 02:07 PM
Sarnak

from what i heard they changed things and then fixed some things they broke. as far as i know for warriors, only the 400 hate from SPA counters (disease/poison) have been removed. otherwise agro is working as before (for warrior procs). is this not correct? i havent had any issues or noticed any material difference tanking with willsapper and red blade.
Old 01-09-2023, 03:26 PM
Planar Protector

The big change for warrior is reported to be poison/disease counters, yeah. So Feverblade no longer very good.

Additionally spell/proc threat scales with mob HP, so you wont be able to pull aggro as well on lower HP mobs than higher ones. And the disease counter change really annoyed SK's since disease cloud is no longer top tier aggro maintenance. Most have switched to using Clinging Darkness plus Shadow Vortex for aggro.

No word yet if all this is working as intended or will be permanent or adjusted.
Old 01-09-2023, 06:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This bears repeating: The senior developers don't play on P1999 insofar as we know, and we have little reason to believe they're even aware that there's a problem, let alone how severe it is. At least I haven't seen 'em post anything on the forum. Can't get fixes until we first get their attention.

Danth
I'm sure they at least test changes in some kind of private environment. It would be nonsensical to simply write code for something and not actually test what you're doing.
Old 01-09-2023, 11:40 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah, they do, but that's a common enough story: You test your changes on your developmental server, everything seems fine, patch it to the production server and something somewhere doesn't work quite right. Happens all the time.