Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

View Poll Results: Do you want the hybrid penalty in Green 2.0?
Yes 38 34.55%
No 72 65.45%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2022, 02:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReoDobbs [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Except they change "classic" stuff when they feel "that wasn't the vision of classic". The server is already become a hybrid, it's only people that bury their head in the sand and pretend it's not.

But, yes, it is the closest option we currently have to "classic"
That’s not really an argument for needing the hybrid penalty though.

Hybrid penalty is literally a mechanic of classic. It doesn’t fall into “vision of classic/general classic experience” that you might change…for example rooted dragons, item recharge changes to keep from being abused, etc.
Old 02-11-2022, 03:08 PM
Planar Protector

consider blue

hope this helps

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist View Post
With enough Clerics any class can survive AoW.
Old 02-12-2022, 12:01 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's entirely arbitrary to say "its classic" when it comes to throttling hybrid exp yet the actual exp for everyone else is not classic. if you can't understand that, i can't help you but maybe webster's can.

it might be anecdotal evidence but it's better than no evidence.
I didn't say it was classic, I explained the probable reasoning behind the mechanic in regards to your argument of it being arbitrary and other things being non-classic to begin with therefor allowing an "anything goes" mindset to balance. The reasoning behind why the penalty is there is not the same as saying "the devs did it so it stays in the game." I use Webster's frequently, perhaps you should try it, as you don't appear to know what 'arbitrary' means. I also mentioned I'm not adverse to rebalancing the game, so you jumping on the "it's classic" grenade seems odd.

Logically speaking purists are more powerful than hybrids therefor more would play them because no one wants to suck. This isn't evidence to begin with, it's merely what's likely. As for anecdotal commentary being evidence of what's to come, such claims would simply cancel each other out. There's always two sides, and as much as I want to play a paladin I don't want to be useless for a long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Except the problem is the devs admitted it was a mistake. They thought hybrids would be much more powerful than other classes as things played out, but that turned out to be incorrect.

The devs removed the class penalties when they realized they were intentionally gimping classes that basically got no huge benefit out of being a “hybrid”
Right. I mean I didn't know the dev's official stance on it but it's as much as I thought. I was simply stating the purpose wasn't arbitrary and the removal of the penalty to be of minor consequence because those classes are undesirable. The resulting change being that this is mainly in favor of the overwhelming minority, to the degree that I'd suspect it's primarily solo players. To truly fix the problem the game would need surgery rather than band-aids. The devs might have removed the penalty, but they also went a step further as new expansions came out.
Old 02-12-2022, 12:59 PM
Sarnak

The hybrid penalty is awful and getting rid of it would make the game a bit better, also making the game a bit better is explicitly not the goal of a lot of people on these forums. You know the people that want things classic like racing at breakneck speed to camp manastones.
Old 02-12-2022, 07:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I didn't say...
Autism speaks.. in gibberish.
Old 02-22-2022, 05:54 PM
Kobold

green 2.0 should just be a fresh server with velious already activated IMO. or at least kunark. do something like the mischief server on live.
Old 02-22-2022, 06:26 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeliciousHalflings [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hybrid penalty was there for a reason. Deal with it.
then why did they remove it?
Old 02-22-2022, 08:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuanahto [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
because of cry babies like you
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 60 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands Oysterbeard - Green99 - 57 Cleric
Lobstarz Hands - Green99 - 53 Enchanter
Lobsterqueen - Green99 - 52 Paladin
#FreeWuTang
Old 02-22-2022, 08:48 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
consider red

hope this helps
fixed. Moving to resolved, pending update.

Elendil's Giveaway
Old 02-22-2022, 10:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuanahto [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A desire for more subscribers, money, and popularity. Peer pressure. Not a good reason.
Closed Thread