Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2021, 02:54 PM
Sarnak

Git gud ya scrub. Men don't peak till their mid 40s.
Old 04-26-2021, 03:13 PM
Sarnak

wow is dogshit. your friend is realizing this and isn't a tryhard any more. you're slightly less intelligent than them because you haven't realized this yet. best of luck...
Old 04-26-2021, 07:14 PM
Planar Protector

At age 40, your eyesight is all shot from 36 years of masturbation, not to mention what it has done to the wrist, fingers, and forearm of your dominant hand. The keys become harder to press. The callouses press against your mouse funny, causing a lack of precision.

Meanwhile, you are busy trying not to fart and sneeze at the same time, because Lord knows that's a gamble. You're deep into your first or second mid-life crisis, realizing half your life is over and you've wasted it on video games, while your friends from high school are posting on Facebook from their yachts about their 2nd PhD they just received, and they're on their third trophy wife. And as you were thinking about all that, the shit you were tracking for your guild just spawned and you were late to send out the batphone so some 2nd tier casual scum guild just got FTE.

Heavy on your mind is the fact that in 5-10 years you'll be in adult diapers. How do you even know what fucking size to get? It's not like you can try them on in CVS. What do you do with them when you are done? You can't flush them, or chuck them into the kitchen wastebasket. Do you like bury them out in your yard at 2am so the neighbors don't see you? How do you explain all of the patches of super green grass when you don't own a pet?

Shit... you DO own a pet. You completely forgot. Because you're 40 years old and your mind is all foggy and decrepit. Why, just last week you went upstairs to do something and you completely forgot. You couldn't remember what it was until hours later when you're out of the shower and patting Gold Bond powder all over your wrinkly coin purse. Fuck, did you take your pills today? I'm not talking about Adderall or cocaine pills or whatever the fuck you young whippersnappers are gobbling down... I'm talking about pills you need to take every day so you don't keel over. Blood pressure meds. Valsartan. Candesartan. Whatever. Cholesterol meds. Fenofibrate. Valtrex probably.

It's no wonder why you get bad at video games in your 40s... you've practically have one foot in through death's door and you are trying to keep your life from falling apart into shambles. Sorry I let your buffs fade out and didn't refresh... I just got super dizzy because I stood up too quick. Holy shit.

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 04-26-2021, 07:45 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
whats funny is 2 years ago at the peak of my estrogen i was making posts exactly like OP and even ranting in wow raid discord at my tanks for sucking badly at EP azshara boss fight
Been there. I don't want to go back and see what I said on Blizzard forums..

Today, everyone seems to be an arm chair dev while in reality making a game has never been so damn easy so the whining is worthless now. Mind you it's still hard but once you get the grasp of C++ or something like a visual scripting language like Blueprint in UE4 you're golden and you can create anything you think needs making..

There's a lot of things you can do to make a game more interesting though, iron man challenges, not getting help, not using discord so you actually get immersed again.. oi vey did i say immersion? cringe keke fucking toxic ass devs @ blizzard killed that shit with their all inclusive design.. They first played EQ, took that momentum and completely missed the point, but so did SOE.

Really I just find imagination is dwindling in favor of just dope drip bullshit for lazy fucks who have no concept of role play.. makes sense though but really people just jump on a wiki and "cheat" yet call themselves good but really they didn't even get ranked because they cheated.. Like having a cell phone open while watching a scary movie and saying you weren't scared.

Sad some people will never experience something like Dark Souls 1 with zero wikis carrying their asses.
Old 04-26-2021, 10:34 PM
Banned

Pro gaming has one of the shortest age ranges of any career around. Most previous professional E-sport players are no longer competitive on the tournament scene past age 20

The peak pro gaming ages seem to be around 16-19. Not talking about Twitch streamers because those can continue to make money by having a large following and doing promotional stuff

I’m assuming it’s partly due to a decline in reflex response but then again pro athletes can usually compete in reflex-intensive sports until their mid 30’s

But definitely past 40 reflexes diminish. And as others have said the main demographic of these games are middle aged white men, which also has some of the highest rates of substance abuse of any demographic in the country. I remember when I was playing classic WoW and raiding with a bunch of middle aged white dudes there were quite a few raging alcoholics that literally got so inebriated during the raid their char would eventually go afk and at that point you know they blacked out

That and guild chat was full of drug chatter. Also most gamers don’t take care of themselves physically, the effects of which you wouldn’t notice as much at age 20, but add another 20 years of a sedentary lifestyle and unhealthy eating and then it becomes much more noticeable
Old 04-27-2021, 02:16 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecondoJoe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm 37 years old and I've already seen a massive decline in my own gaming performance over the last 10 years. But I also have a lot of friends who are 3-4 years older than me, and who used to be great at games like WoW, and now suddenly they can't play it at all. Like some of them have began mouse-clicking and keyboard turning and get super frustrated and throw tantrums doing basic stuff that they used to do with ease 10 years ago...

Refusing to try a new class or spec because it might be too hard, playing with sub optimal builds because it requires them to press less buttons...

... like what happens to the human mind between the ages of 30-40 that make people fall off so hard when it comes to pc gaming?

I really am ranting because it's frustrating that these people still want to play with me, but make the game miserable to play and throw a tantrum when I point out that they are getting massively out DPS'd by the healer and tank, and I can't take them in raids or groups anymore because they rage quit halfway through the instance, saying that the game is too easy to hold their attention despite them being dead for most encounters and at the absolute bottom of the damage meters.

Like do I really only have 3 years left before I become too senile to game?
Why not come over to red and get your edge back OP?
Old 04-27-2021, 07:51 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why not come over to red and get your edge back OP?
I played there for a while... it honestly felt like the easiest server to play on because the hardest part about playing P99 on other servers is having to fight with other players for camps..

on Red you can pretty much camp whatever you want and you get faster exp, but the end game feels pointless. Probably going to play on the Mischief TLP server next month. Super excited.
Old 04-27-2021, 08:55 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecondoJoe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I played there for a while... it honestly felt like the easiest server to play on because the hardest part about playing P99 on other servers is having to fight with other players for camps..

on Red you can pretty much camp whatever you want and you get faster exp, but the end game feels pointless. Probably going to play on the Mischief TLP server next month. Super excited.
Basically, although you can auto-attack and cast offensive on some other players, red is actually the least pvp server.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 04-27-2021, 09:09 AM
Aviak

As a normal adult(which doesn't apply to most of this population)the older you get the more responsibility you accrue, thus the less free time you have to do whatever you want, in this case video games. People sometimes get "skill" confused with experienced gained through repetition. I don't know what 35+ year old has copious amount of time to play video games anymore, now this is under the assumption you have a partner, children or any level of responsibility other than living in your moms basement drinking mountain dew.
Old 04-27-2021, 09:10 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As a normal adult(which doesn't apply to most of this population)the older you get the more responsibility you accrue, thus the less free time you have to do whatever you want, in this case video games. People sometimes get "skill" confused with experienced gained through repetition. I don't know what 35+ year old has copious amount of time to play video games anymore, now this is under the assumption you have a partner, children or any level of responsibility other than living in your moms basement drinking mountain dew.
You hit the nail on the head man, this is why I love the TAKP server, you should check it out.
Closed Thread