Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2019, 02:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Another thread to badly argue and misenterpret rules while making unsupported assertions *cracks fingers*
lol
Old 01-27-2019, 02:16 PM
Large Rat

1. I was never on the list, Fangry was, and was sitting behind the camp. (the list is in the second, shorter, screenshot)
2. I was only there to help him because he didn't want to wreck his Ogre faction if boog popped.
3. I took this as an opportunity to see if the few people who are at the camp EVERY day were actually honoring "the list", or if the list was BS they used to keep the masses happy while they farmed MQ's. I found out it was the later.

My intent behind the post is two fold: 1. Call someone out on lies. 2. Let everyone else know the list will not be honored by the farmers.
Old 01-27-2019, 03:47 PM
Planar Protector

didn't read but I'm always in support of a good name and shame

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Old 01-27-2019, 04:53 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzbiscuits [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The only way to legally keep your spot is to stay put at the camp and stay online. Remember that the list system is just a courtesy and doesn’t abide by traditional camp rules.
/Thread

I'd be surprised if anyone read that pic you posted.
Old 01-27-2019, 06:10 PM
Sarnak

AC not up.

"if the rules are all you use to determine what you should or shouldn't do, you're probably an a-hole" -soup

Hooden • Xegony enchanter '00 - '02 • <Aeternus> from SoD '06 - '07
Old 01-27-2019, 07:08 PM
Fire Giant

I have 6 Jboot's and have never paid for a MQ. All my Jboot's are from AC Island. I have never sat there and waited for my turn, ever.

My 2 copper. Get your name on the list and go about your life / gameplay. I always have them send me a tell on a different character (while my druid is camped out at AC island) Sometimes I don't get a tell back before I feel like logging off, and sometimes I do. Its that simple and avoids the toxic people, need to police others when you don't even have the authority to do anything about it, as well as doesn't waste my time doing nothing just waiting for the camp.

I'm a strong supporter of lists and people being good to one another and honoring the list. (Heck its how I have gotten all my char's Jboots *except my shaman who has black fur boots*) without ever paying a single plat. But obsessing over it and trying to police it? cant be healthy. Although if you catch someone for doing something shady and some punishment actually comes down because of it, kudos to you i guess?
Foxlich [60 Necromancer] Foxplosion [60 Wizard]
Foxstab [60 Rogue] /Foxcharming [60 Enchanter] / Foxfrenzy [60 Warrior]
Old 01-27-2019, 07:09 PM
Kobold

Send a message via AIM to Hangerbaby

On more than one occasion I have shown up at AC static completely uncamped and within minutes was swarmed with 5 tells from the same poopsockers I always see there saying "I didn't see you on the list" or "I have been here for hours"

Listen, pals, I'm not gonna lawyerquest with you. I know how to use /who and fact of the matter is if the PH is up and you aren't there, it is going to be my camp.

However, these neckbeards will do anything in their power to keep that camp in their rotation and will do whatever they can to get you banned

Wouldn't be surprised if OOT petitions went straight to spam at this point
Old 01-27-2019, 07:13 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-27-2019, 07:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It really is getting to the point where pvp would solve more and more of the bullshit that goes on here on the blue server.

People can be douchebags and there's only so much the volunteers can police the server and do things to bad people who are messing with camp lists, lawyering each other, etc etc.
There's a small problem solving benefit to pvp but it is far outweighed by the fact that:

- PvP is mostly intolerable in EQ. Yea you can fight for the AC camp but it also means Joe Casual is liable to get torn a new asshole by a deleveled ToV geared rogue while trying to camp pieces of their epic.
- On an basic level the PvP gameplay and meta in EQ is horrible and un-fun.

I played on Rallos Zek on live and while it had its fun moments that is not an experience I ever have the will to relive. Judging by the population of red I'm far from alone in that sentiment. And Red99 doesn't even have item loot; my most fun PvP experiences were jacking people's beloved items.
Old 01-27-2019, 10:10 PM
Fire Giant

i know the pop is low but if you toke everyone afk on blue and knocked them offline i bet it would be aleast 30-40% the population.
Closed Thread