Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2016, 03:30 PM
Banned

Damn daybreak should hire this guy to remake EQ. Them screenshots are insane.
Old 12-12-2016, 06:01 PM
Planar Protector

Oh man, I just discovered these too:

https://vimeo.com/100273129

https://vimeo.com/101826717

I'd say Visionary Realms should hire this guy, but he's probably already making way more than they could offer.
Old 12-12-2016, 06:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulgiamatti [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh man, I just discovered these too:

https://vimeo.com/100273129

https://vimeo.com/101826717

I'd say Visionary Realms should hire this guy, but he's probably already making way more than they could offer.
Yeah but I'd like to see some other guys chime in before we give this guy all this credit.

Isn't this just basic 3D model rendering and texturing? And he is basing it off a template not drawing from scratch?

I feel he is making AVERAGE money, as my gut instinct is that he is just an average 3D model artist who is just doing something cool with an outdated game.

I don't believe there is anything extraordinary about him. Just a hunch I know other people had as well.

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 12-12-2016, 06:31 PM
Banned

Exclamation

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Syft Opinion discarded that artist is talented as fukk
Old 12-12-2016, 06:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzzarTheGod [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah but I'd like to see some other guys chime in before we give this guy all this credit.
Here comes Azzar, still nursing his feelings from that other thread, grasping desperately for any opportunity to be a useless contrarian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzzarTheGod [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Isn't this just basic 3D model rendering and texturing? And he is basing it off a template not drawing from scratch?
The EQ atlas stuff is pretty basic compared to his real work, and yeah I'd imagine the renderings are based off of templates - templates which he created.

Quote:
I feel he is making AVERAGE money, as my gut instinct is that he is just an average 3D model artist who is just doing something cool with an outdated game.
Nah, I know dozens of graphic designers who don't do anything else for a living. Todd's work is god-tier - graphic design isn't the most lucrative industry to be involved in, but the merest glimpse at his demo reel illustrates that he doesn't have any issues as a contractor. You don't need anything other than toddfx.com to realize this.

Quote:
I don't believe there is anything extraordinary about him. Just a hunch I know other people had as well.
Jesus, who gives a shit? How insecure are you when someone else's talent is duly recognized your kneejerk reaction is to jump in and pathetically try to debase it? Maybe if you actually tried accomplishing something worthwhile in your life you wouldn't have these embarrassing, corrosive tendencies.
Old 12-12-2016, 06:48 PM
Banned

Quote:

Sad when you try to act like a forum troll but in reality you're just praying to have a debate with someone other then your mother. I feel sorry for your family. Give your mother my condolences.
Old 12-12-2016, 07:07 PM
Banned

Guys why are you engaging a guy that sells cell phones from a Verizon Wifeless mall kiosk about graphic design

When Syft (AzzarTheFgt) posts
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-12-2016, 07:34 PM
Planar Protector

More dismissing than engaging.

Anyway, back on topic - I was just perusing Pantheon's site and came across a shitton of new gameplay footage on their Twitch, for those who are interested:

https://www.twitch.tv/visionaryrealms/videos/all
Old 12-12-2016, 07:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:

So again the questions stand

Thanks for 1 post barely addressing the questions raised.

Old 12-12-2016, 07:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtip [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sad when you try to act like a forum troll but in reality you're just praying to have a debate with someone other then your mother. I feel sorry for your family. Give your mother my condolences.
Anyone know who this guy is?

Closed Thread