Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Guild Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2015, 01:09 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Servant [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's a few extra pvp-centric guilds too... Hateraid's guild that I can't remember the name of, the sparkle kittens guild, Domingueros de Norrath, etc.
domingueros is not pvp centric, they are back to blue also
Old 12-10-2015, 01:24 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A+++ will support in any way i can.
Thank you good sir
Old 12-10-2015, 01:55 PM
Banned

I love reading posts from new players that think this era is a critical point in the server like it is on the verge of sustained balanced PvP and competition.

The most you could hope for with a revolution is a new guild tag with maybe 1-2 different leaders leading the same 150 raiders.
Old 12-10-2015, 03:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippoNipple [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I love reading posts from new players that think this era is a critical point in the server like it is on the verge of sustained balanced PvP and competition.

The most you could hope for with a revolution is a new guild tag with maybe 1-2 different leaders leading the same 150 raiders.
Ouchie!

I don't think we're about to have a whole new era, but it is a critical time because we're about to lose 20-40 players if they don't think they have options here.

If you still played, you'd know the majority of <Empire> players don't seem to go out in Norrath much. There's actually some PvP going on in places the zerg is not. The 90-man zerg need not be involved for the rest of us to have fun.

It would be cool if there were 2+ guilds who were similarly matched so they could fight each other tooth and nail on even footing. I'm hoping the population rises and guilds arise.
Old 12-10-2015, 03:59 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ouchie!

The 90-man zerg need not be involved for the rest of us to have fun.
Yup. 100% true. And any attempt to make a large guild to compete with empire just reduces the number of targets for pvp.

Keep it small. Keep it diverse. Keep it fun
Old 12-10-2015, 05:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Servant [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's a few extra pvp-centric guilds too... Hateraid's guild that I can't remember the name of...
<United Blood Nation> - They were admirably rabid PvPers, but I'm sorry to say I haven't seen them in weeks. People told me most of this small guild were simultaneously members of <Empire>. Maybe Hateraid can shed more light. I couldn't find a recruitment thread.

<Domingueros de Norrath>, basado en España, es el unico confradía en Red99 que hablan Español ante todo. No hay un post de reclutamiento aqui - hispanohablantes deben buscarlos en Norrath y preguntarlos sobre participando con ellos.

<Kittens Who Sparkle> - Well...maybe you'd better just look for yourself. recruitment thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BardPop [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lets not forget a new guild that crosses all boundaries between the others,
<Department of Fun>, P99's funnest guild, seeking volunteers.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=221283
Very interesting! I look forward to seeing how the <Department of Fun> will bring glee to our bleak and troll-infested version of Norrath.
Old 12-10-2015, 05:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGONBAIT [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
domingueros is not pvp centric, they are back to blue also
Ah. Los Domingueros han movado al Blue server.
Old 12-10-2015, 06:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ouchie!

I don't think we're about to have a whole new era, but it is a critical time because we're about to lose 20-40 players if they don't think they have options here.

If you still played, you'd know the majority of <Empire> players don't seem to go out in Norrath much. There's actually some PvP going on in places the zerg is not. The 90-man zerg need not be involved for the rest of us to have fun.

It would be cool if there were 2+ guilds who were similarly matched so they could fight each other tooth and nail on even footing. I'm hoping the population rises and guilds arise.
Replace Empire with Nihilum, Friends with Azrael, Casual Scum with Red Dawn, etc and you could have made basically the same exact post 1-2 years ago I think is Hippo's point. I think just about anyone who has ever played here agrees more competition would make the server more enjoyable but it just never seems to materialize for more than a few weeks every once in a while.

Kudos for trying though, it was a good post and seemed very unbiased and fair.*

*Disclaimer: I don't play and therefor have no idea what I'm talking about or if anything you said was accurate.
Old 12-10-2015, 07:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kergan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Replace Empire with Nihilum, Friends with Azrael, Casual Scum with Red Dawn, etc and you could have made basically the same exact post 1-2 years ago I think is Hippo's point. I think just about anyone who has ever played here agrees more competition would make the server more enjoyable but it just never seems to materialize for more than a few weeks every once in a while.

Kudos for trying though, it was a good post and seemed very unbiased and fair.*

*Disclaimer: I don't play and therefor have no idea what I'm talking about or if anything you said was accurate.
Innnnnteresting. Do you think history is repeating itself? Can you tell me what happens next?

And I guess my main goal with this post was not having a bunch of people quit like at the end of <Good Guys>. I'm hoping they find new homes.
Old 12-10-2015, 08:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Innnnnteresting. Do you think history is repeating itself? Can you tell me what happens next?

And I guess my main goal with this post was not having a bunch of people quit like at the end of <Good Guys>. I'm hoping they find new homes.
I will say that there is one enormous difference between back then and now - the fact Velious hadn't been released yet. If you think about what options a non-Nihilum guild had in Kunark it was pretty bad. Azrael had moderate success sniping high end targets and gearing up their members, but nobody else really did anything aside from planar clears. Velious adds a TON more gearing options, and even if the divide between a fully NTOV/sleepers geared Empire character and someone from CS is just as wide as the Kunark era, people still see regular character progression to keep them engaged.

I'd also say that from what I read on the forums, Empire is just as dominant as Nihilum was but there are lots more choices/options for people. Honestly, TMO going belly up might actually benefit the server if it strengthens the remaining guilds.
Closed Thread