Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2015, 03:12 PM
Planar Protector

Great place for cazic worshiping shaman to up their heretic faction for undead fear clickie
Old 11-18-2015, 04:10 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This. It's been 15 years, people hunt in the same zones because they are the best places to level for various reasons. There are no secrets left in this game.
Yeah, I don't agree with this. They are the best places to find pugs, sure. And server population is such so that you can't really have more than one or two places per level band to get pugs in and still expect to find them regularly.

But if you have friends to bring with you, and you and them are halfway decent, those high ZEM zones that people aren't usually in can really pay off. Befallen and Solusek's Eye in particular I've found very profitable. I like Kaesora too.
Crallos Rek - 35 ogre shaman
Timothe - 31 human enchanter
Variol Cutthroat - 27 human paladin
Telehr - 23 human magician
Old 11-18-2015, 05:12 PM
Sarnak

Problem is that most people dont know the layouts and/or dangers of befallen or solusek which leads to overwhelming pulls.
Old 11-18-2015, 05:51 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by drktmplr12 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Problem is that most people dont know the layouts and/or dangers of befallen or solusek which leads to overwhelming pulls.
Right. But if you do know, and have friends, they're clearly (imo) better places to level than the overcrowded traditional zones, due to decreased competition and better ZEM.

Conditional statements, sure.
Old 11-18-2015, 06:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thufir [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The problem we noticed with the Warrens was that the mob level ranges are not tight. You'll see a lot of no-xp greens mixed in with dark blues, and the nameds are all red cons. My static group ended up going over to Kerra Isle. Milk and fish for everyone!

Surprisingly good zone, actually, Kerra... been there for about 6 levels now.
I honestly didnt know this zone existed until like a year ago.

Is it vanilla?

shits crazy.
Old 11-18-2015, 06:28 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by iruinedyourday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I honestly didnt know this zone existed until like a year ago.

Is it vanilla?

shits crazy.
Kerra's vanilla, yeah, if you're asking about it. Nobody ever went there on Live, either. They did a revamp early in the classic era that reset everyone's faction and implemented some low level quests, and then nobody wanted to hunt there.

It's kind of a tough place, but absolutely no competition, so if you're in the right level range with the right group it's really good xp.
Old 11-18-2015, 06:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thufir [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Kerra's vanilla, yeah, if you're asking about it. Nobody ever went there on Live, either. They did a revamp early in the classic era that reset everyone's faction and implemented some low level quests, and then nobody wanted to hunt there.

It's kind of a tough place, but absolutely no competition, so if you're in the right level range with the right group it's really good xp.
yea I should level up there someday, first time id ever seen it was during Tecmos return he was leveling his chanter there and i was like holy fuckn shit wtf?!
Old 11-18-2015, 06:50 PM
Planar Protector

CoM and KC are popular because they are dungeons with outdoor tags, which means SoW for easy train escape.

Also melee can bind in CoM.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 11-18-2015, 06:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrocat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Huh, color me surprised. I never remembered that and I spent a lot of time in the Warrens, but I guess it was all on appropriately leveled characters. Weird!
they took it out eventually. i think it gets taken out on P99 timeline even? don't take my word on that tho.
Old 11-18-2015, 08:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrocat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Huh, color me surprised. I never remembered that and I spent a lot of time in the Warrens, but I guess it was all on appropriately leveled characters. Weird!
My guess is it's because of the very fast respawn time.
Closed Thread