Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2015, 03:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pringles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Its really not hard to come by 100k anymore
whether you agree with this statement or not probably also determines how you feel about chardok PL, and other similar things such as buying epic MQ's
Old 09-14-2015, 04:06 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
21pp per drop (sword)
6pp FS weapon

= 27pp

Assuming you get a FS weapon each time (which you don't) you're still looking at 37 guards per hour for that magic 1k.

That's roughly 1 guard every 97 seconds, and assuming you can clear every guard in Felwithe without going oom or needing to heal (which you can't), the long respawn timer will prevent you from hitting 1k an hour, by quite a way as there aren't 37 accessible guards.... more like 16 (at a ballpark guess).

I think the Google ad money you're making off the back of the devs project has gone to your head.
Yea, that fat money i'm making off "their" project (the project that they're making off what was Sony's IP).

I would fill up 4 tink bags and go vendor (thanks firepots) at 210pp per bag, so I guess it was likely 800pp/hour and possibly took a little longer than an hour to clear (although I think the guard timers used to be less than they are now, although I know for sure they were 15 minutes or less last time I played p99).

Paineel guards are another hot spot (start soloing at level 15, can take you to 56 XP wise and it's around 8pp a kill for level 15 to 45 mobs, all on 5 minute timers) that lets you get close to 500pp/hour.
Old 09-14-2015, 05:00 PM
Fire Giant

Not trying to poke any badgers or be rude here, but if you have limited time to play, you won't have time to be in a top raid guild. Why then would someone want to pay to rush to 60? Leveling without cheesing mechanics is a big part of the EQ experience. This isn't WoW where you don't begin the game until you are at level cap. Again, this is my ignorance and I'm not passing judgement, just curious.
Old 09-14-2015, 05:10 PM
Sarnak

Step 1: Level enchanter (easy, and most often rotated)
Step 2: Get high enough to participate in AoE
Step 3: Make money (I did primarily weekends and weeknights sporadically)
Step 4: Spend said money to level other characters and/or
Step 5: Make friends at Chardok, trade pulls on alts, win, win, win

Honestly it's not that hard once you're around it for a bit, or at least that's how it was when I was doing it. I did a lot last year and only got tagged for taking dirty money once and it was quickly remedied because I kept a simple spreadsheet of who pays for what character, from what character, when they proxied, and how many pulls.
Old 09-14-2015, 05:13 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Issar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Leveling without cheesing mechanics is a big part of the EQ experience
cheesing mechanics IS the everquest experience
Old 09-15-2015, 05:53 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyclin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
cheesing mechanics IS the everquest experience
Seriously, this. Not everyone exploits the game to the same extent, but pretty much everyone does it in some way.
Old 09-15-2015, 06:43 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But you can afford to pay 2k (or whatever) per pull and somehow managed to grind out 100k for the privilege? Interesting. Some might ask how you managed to grind all that "now that you have kids and a family and a life".
2 Fungis - Done.
60 Arch Mage - Masta
<Aftermath>
Old 09-15-2015, 08:02 AM
Fire Giant

Chardok sucks, top end of the server is bloated, formerly small guilds now bring 50 people to down a dragon in Western Wastes.

The first month of Velious Chardok was dead, now ppl are back at it after the hype died down and everyone got hip to the fact that Velious XP generally sucks.

Its not the fact that the "RMT crowd" is RMTing as much as the fact that the "RMT crowd" fucking sucks and there are tons of people who get to 60 that shouldn't. Its a shit show and it shitted up the server irreparably.

To OP: Notice how nobody was friendly to you and explained what the hell was going on? People on this server play this whole "Mr. EQ Cool" attitude and expect everybody to know everything about every single single stupid P99 specific phenomenon. Its stupid and old. New server please.
Last edited by Tuljin; 09-15-2015 at 08:04 AM..
Old 09-15-2015, 08:22 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuljin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To OP: Notice how nobody was friendly to you and explained what the hell was going on? People on this server play this whole "Mr. EQ Cool" attitude and expect everybody to know everything about every single single stupid P99 specific phenomenon. Its stupid and old. New server please.
I agree. Question is though if a new server wouldn't be infested by the same people quickly.
Old 09-15-2015, 09:45 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mropey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
2 Fungis - Done.
You make it sound easy.
Closed Thread