Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: When did you decide to quit EQ live?
Ruins of Kunark 10 2.54%
Scars of Velious 12 3.05%
Shadows of Luclin 50 12.72%
The Planes of Power 60 15.27%
The Legacy of Ykesha 55 13.99%
LDoN and beyond 206 52.42%
Voters: 393. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2015, 05:40 PM
Kobold

Started taking over my life plus when I saw Mercenaries being able to be hugged that told me it wasn't the same game I loved. Plus all the boxing. I played with a bunch of people yesterday at CE in mistmoore last night and had one of the best times not just because I didn't kill everyone like normal, but because everyone was talking, laughing and friendly. When one person is half the group and there isn't anyone to talk to it's no fun anymore. Just becomes dull and boring and makes you want to fall asleep.
Old 07-10-2015, 05:54 PM
Planar Protector

Do they still use luclin models on live?
Old 07-10-2015, 05:55 PM
Sarnak

For me it was mercs and everyone having to start in Serpent Spine city.
Old 07-10-2015, 05:56 PM
Kobold

For me it was just a few months before PoP. Did not buy SoL because I had no need: classic offered so much content that the game didn't need more mid-level content.

AAs offered something a ill' different to customise characters, although this was the beginning of old world mobs becoming trivial to Mana-burning Wizards. I didn't like loot trivialisation because a lot of SoL vendor trash made a lot of old world loot simply trash.

I also didn't like the desolation of EC (although I understand the appeal of the bazaar), and hated Spires for fast travel. A large swathe of random encounters disappeared with fast travel.

I did like the UI and global and private chat channels.

I disliked SoL because I joined April 2001, and had just over 6 months of classic. I also had to upgrade my Banshee Voodoo 2 video card! At least many years later, I have a second chance to do all of the things that I didn't do 2nd time around.
Riotgirl - formerly High Elf Enchanter | Ayonae Ro
Last edited by Riotgirl; 07-10-2015 at 05:59 PM..
Old 07-10-2015, 06:09 PM
Fire Giant

I took breaks on and off for years but my final straw was I came back and spent about a month getting my three accounts 6k aas and hitting level 90. I was going to start doing current content and then they made it so you could buy a level 85 heroic character with 8k aas from the sony store. I quit for good after that and started focusing on p99 and have now quit p99 till velious comes out. I have a 32 rogue waiting to level up in velious.
Old 07-10-2015, 06:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rika [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I left for good when they enabled Wood Elves to become Beastlords - with a damn shrubbery as a pet...
I had no idea, god thats cringeworthy
Old 07-10-2015, 07:46 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rika [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I left for good when they enabled Wood Elves to become Beastlords - with a damn shrubbery as a pet...
Imo then the introduction of the option for Frogloks to be Monks was even worse ...
Old 07-10-2015, 09:36 PM
Planar Protector

Pretty much when I got to level 90, on a ungodly twinked Mage, that I had played day after day for years, with like 8k worth of AA's on it, and could not Solo shit. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Maybe, just maybe, they had gone too far on how hard the normal mobs were. I can understand named mobs, but yard trash, well what the the hell. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Get a grip.

See you later, and have a nice day. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I don't need to die every other normal mob, or HAVE to group every time. Not happening. Keep your money. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-10-2015, 09:38 PM
Large Bat

When they announced Omens of War when Gates of Discord was still an overtuned piece of shit.
Old 07-10-2015, 09:45 PM
Fire Giant

Shortly after the expansion with the berserkers, when I accidentally deleted my Helm of the Tracker on my ranger. Said eff it, I'm done. Probably around 2004-5ish? Sometime between now and then my account was hacked and all my characters were stripped. Oh well.
Bhear Ghrillz - Level 51 Druid - Dial A Port | Oggre - Level 44 Warrior | Revenance Vampirus - Level 40 Necromancer | Mottley Crue - Level 30 Rogue | Renovatio - Level 3 Cleric | Abradolf Lincler - Level 40 Cleric | Drowning - Level 35 Enchanter | Oradan Omnipotent - Level 57 Magician | Chubbz Zilla - Level 40 Monk - Scaled Brotherhood
Closed Thread